Something odd about Rory's hospital ID Badge - look at this pic...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Ok, so having given it some thought and here is my hair-brained theory.

It's not Rory that's the problem, it's Leadworth.

* The fact that they have so many coma patients for such a small village,
    * The fact that the Doctor keeps messing up time so badly (And when he realised it was 12 years instead of 6 months/5 minutes he said "This matters, this is important") when asking Amy why she lied,
    * Rorys security pass with a date that couldn't possibly be,
    * The duck pond that never has any ducks (and when he's standing right there he says "This is too soon i'm not ready, i'm not done yet" Which totally doesn't fit into regeneration.
    * The crack in the wall/on the Tardis monitor.

Something is wrong with Leadworth, and maybe all the red keeps the people there from remembering, like a hypnotist type thing.

Wow - even if it's not right - I LOVE this theory - if you ARE right, I'll buy you a pint!

I bet Leadworth (I don't suppose Leadworth is an anagram of "Hi, it's me, the Master, I'm back again", is it?) will feature heavily this year - can't wait to find out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    WebbieOTW wrote: »
    I knew someone would lower the tone, usually it's me! ;)

Whoops - I'll try not to do it again:o

Sometimes I just can't help myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episode was set in 1995 apparently, because before it was broadcast on a fan blog called planetgallifrey, they posted a picture of a newspaper stand in the village of leadworth saying 5-95 as the date! so its possible that rory was issued in 1990 but that still doesnt explain the use of mobile phones so up to date! hopefully, moffat has planned this, it would be a bit dissappointing if he'd just made a mistake!
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    No, because you see him working in the hospital with Zainab

I don't remember seeing Zainab in it. I know the actress who played her was in it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    9ct mould wrote: »
    Just watched Confidential on iPlayer earlier. At the part where they explain the stop motion sequence where The Doctor remembers what he saw, the photographer spends a great deal of time (and photos) on Rory's badge, furthermore, that's where the sequence ends before zooming out of The Doctor's eye. When he realises what he "remembered", he doesn't go straight for the man with dog, he doesn't say anything like "that guy's taking photos of the man with the dog"... he actually says "stop that nurse".

I think The Doctor knows more than he's letting on right now, but needed to get the Prisoner Zero stuff sorted first.

Further, the question of "Why Amy?"... maybe he's getting her as far away from him as he can.

Well it was just a thought.

Only took me to read till the 3rd page before gladly seeing someone else thinking this too, i don't know who / what Rory is, but i agree, the Doctor senses or knows. I think thats why it took the Doctor so long to come back the second time after he stated he had been to the Moon. I think he was looking ahead at Amy's timeline, hence, he damn well knew that Amy was getting married the next day, so takes her off to safety...... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    gagaluv wrote: »
    The episode was set in 1995 apparently, because before it was broadcast on a fan blog called planetgallifrey, they posted a picture of a newspaper stand in the village of leadworth saying 5-95 as the date! so its possible that rory was issued in 1990 but that still doesnt explain the use of mobile phones so up to date! hopefully, moffat has planned this, it would be a bit dissappointing if he'd just made a mistake!

Sounds like it was originally set in '95 but they changed their mind at some point to incorporate new tech like the phones with cameras and webcam fitted laptop.
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In one Tom Baker story, Great Britain were sending a manned spacecraft to Mars in the ninteen-seventies! It's therefore fairly obvious that we're dealing with the Whoniverse and not our Universe, and that the two are little out of sync, so it is more than feasible that in the former some technology may be a decade or so ahead of the latter.

On the other hand, it would be excellent if there were something a little strange about Leadworth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    IamSparta wrote: »
    Only took me to read till the 3rd page before gladly seeing someone else thinking this too, i don't know who / what Rory is, but i agree, the Doctor senses or knows. I think thats why it took the Doctor so long to come back the second time after he stated he had been to the Moon. I think he was looking ahead at Amy's timeline, hence, he damn well knew that Amy was getting married the next day, so takes her off to safety...... ;)

Good idea ;)
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Good idea ;)

Yeah Im liking that too!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Yeah Im liking that too!!!

I have a few theories already about the arc / companion background, but its gettin on here long enough to lay them all out. And usually, by the time i get round to it, someone else has thought of it too...lol...

For instance....The Crack....Prisoner 0 said that the Universe is cracked...i think the TARDIS itself is cracked, some fault through regeneration....could the crack in the heart of the TARDIS be the root of Pandorica? Letting the bad things in through the TARDIS itself......;)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    IamSparta wrote: »
    For instance....The Crack....Prisoner 0 said that the Universe is cracked...i think the TARDIS itself is cracked, some fault through regeneration....could the crack in the heart of the TARDIS be the root of Pandorica? Letting the bad things in through the TARDIS itself......;)

While I think it's more likely that it's something that's going to happen to the TARDIS rather than something that's already happened, I like the idea of Pandora's Box being a blue one...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so having given it some thought and here is my hair-brained theory.

It's not Rory that's the problem, it's Leadworth.

* The fact that they have so many coma patients for such a small village,
    * The fact that the Doctor keeps messing up time so badly (And when he realised it was 12 years instead of 6 months/5 minutes he said "This matters, this is important") when asking Amy why she lied,
    * Rorys security pass with a date that couldn't possibly be,
    * The duck pond that never has any ducks (and when he's standing right there he says "This is too soon i'm not ready, i'm not done yet" Which totally doesn't fit into regeneration.
    * The crack in the wall/on the Tardis monitor.

Something is wrong with Leadworth, and maybe all the red keeps the people there from remembering, like a hypnotist type thing.

Just seen a clip of Ep2 on the 'This Morning' thread.

Looks like the futures orange, very orange.
    Yellow for Ep 3 ??
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Frobozz wrote: »
    Wow - even if it's not right - I LOVE this theory - if you ARE right, I'll buy you a pint!

I bet Leadworth (I don't suppose Leadworth is an anagram of "Hi, it's me, the Master, I'm back again", is it?) will feature heavily this year - can't wait to find out!
    Leadworth is an anagram of 'Dr Who Tale'. Or 'Late Dr Who'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    If the Tardis didn't travel in time when it materialised in young Amy's garden, wouldn't the year be 2005? Because the David Tennant's doctor went to see Rose on 1st January 2005, then went BOOM and started regenerating in the Tardis... In 2005?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Its posted in another thread somewhere but the episode is set in 1995 2007 and 2010
    Forum Member
    Rogue_star wrote: »
    Its posted in another thread somewhere but the episode is set in 1995 2007 and 2010

in 2007 I dont think camera phones hand the touchscreen/swipe technology that they were using?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfotunate anagrams of Leadworth include "harlot wed", and the only vaguely plausible "hold water".

We've had various references to water the most obvious being "pond" perhaps leadworth is the prison where pond is held? Contrived I know :p
    Forum Member
    It says it was 'issued' on 30/11/1990

How can that be?? Thats 20 years ago...??

Thats more closer to his DOB surely??

any ideas??

check the pic out and lets hear your theories....

http://i44.tinypic.com/fw0oea.jpg

Do we reckon this will get resolved on saturday then??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Doogie Howser, (lulz)

sarcasm aside I'm still keen to see if this gets resolved on Sat or was just a prop blooper.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in 2007 I dont think camera phones hand the touchscreen/swipe technology that they were using?

The original iPhone launched at the beginning of 2007, so one of them did. And I wouldn't expect the BBC to actually show a specific model.

EDIT: I've checked my memory on that. It was announced at the beginning of 2007, shipped mid-2007. So, ummm, I think everything is fine. Probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when Rory tries to show the Doctor (Zainab) a picture of the coma patient out and about, he has to explain to her that you can take pictures with mobile phones. Later on every man and his dog * everyone except one man and his dog* is snapping away

Leadworth isn't right and the Doctor knew it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Here's a wild theory - feel free to shoot it down in flames - suppose Auton Rory was constructed in 1990 by the Autons and left to wait until the Matt Smith version of the Doctor turned up?
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Scene: A busy and noisy office in cardiff.
    prod team member 1: "When is this episode set again?"
    prod team member 2: "Er...1995?" (they've just worked on the young amy bit.)
    prod team member 1: (mishearing) "Right, 1990..." (starts typing.)

Scene: Dank lair of Doctor Who fan with Bladerunner photo freeze and zoom device.
    Dr Who Fan: "Aha!" (reaches for keyboard...)

Scene: Underhenge.
    SM: (off camera): "Right, this is a new scene I want in the finale. Action!"
    Sontaran starts savagely beating the living daylights out of prod team member 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I think SM has been concealing a lot this series - I believe he claimed he had not noticed the badge year in a Q&A a while back implying that it was a mistake. However if you saw the Dr Who Confidential you saw how the whole Doctor scans the scene sequence was made up of individual photos so it is even less likely to be missed than if it was a normal videoed sequence. That close up of the badge id could have been corrected in post-production very easily too, I think there is more to the coma ward than first meets the eye. How many patients and who... what is that monitor with green display and flashing amber light (like the heart monitors only larger) on the wall opposite the clock that gets reset ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    of course the Doctor Who team may just be loading the series with red herrings :-) There is a lot of red in the series btw and blue ... noticed Rory's red and blue biros in his pocket. Front door of Amy's red and blue stained glass .. upstairs in the Lodger red and blue stained glass ... lots and lots more. Red windmill toy at the start (after the titles) in TEH then blue bench then red swing frame then blue porch with red and blue stained glass front door. Amy in red most of the time. Doctor in blue when wearing doc 10's clothes - puppets red and blue. Rory and Amy in THE seeing their future selves (mmmm) blue and red.