Binary Domain

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Iv'e been playing the demo of this game and find it quite good. Anyone else playing the demo or bought the full game and if so, what do you think of it ?. Thanks

Comments

• ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the demo was a bit gash. The PS3 version can be picked up for £14.99 brand new at the moment though (I saw it yesterday on either Play, Zavvi or Shopto), 360 version might be the same price.
  • gojohnniegogogojohnniegogo Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it being previewed on some Sky channel, looked pretty promising I thought. I also saw it advertised at 14.99, although I can't remember where.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    £14.86 for PS3 & 360 at shopto
  • barneybbarneyb Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I bought it a couple of weeks ago from Shopto (fantastic service from them , by the way) and finished it last night ....I enjoyed it , although there a lot of boss type enemies....but overall it's a decent game , especially at that price
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really fancied this but it passed me by, I might pick it up for something to do this weekend.
    Fed up with my current games so why not.
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you stick with it you'll find its a surprisingly good blast. Its yet another cover based shoot'em'up in the Gears of War mould, but its just really well put together, with some satisfyingly over the top bosses. A nice touch is that you are part of a team (which you can pick before every mission starts). Each character has different abilities and you can give them orders on the fly. If you have a microphone you can do this verbally-although the voice recognition isn't perfect, but its a nice idea.

Its similar to the also published by Sega Platinum Games Vanquish. Difference is Vanquish was about using a bullet time trick, this is a little more strategic and the story (whilst derivative) is better. The characters all start out very Stereotypes but as the game goes on they become more fleshed out personality wise and you start to feel for them.

With these two games Sega have shown they can make really top notch shooters. Its a great shame both games have flopped as they are top class, IMO better than Gears of War and its ilk thanks to the Japanese gameplay quirks that never happen in Western software.

Probably about as close as you are going to get to a 3D version of Contra-if that means anything to you.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the demo, and I see the reviews are for the most part pretty positive. At its current price of around £15 I think I just might take a punt at it.

:) Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very good game . Its a bit different issuing instructions to a squad but a nice touch . It took me forever to kill that mechanical spider but (quick tip). I weakened it then ran like hell up those stairs , bought a sniper rifle from a handy vending machine and sniped him from afar :). On Chapter 3 now. I can recommend this to anyone if you enjoy third person shooters .
    I would describe it as a cross between Mass Effect and Unchartered (due to the set pieces and gameplay)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the game. There are some nice touches as pointed out and the story was really quite engaging. Just a shame that no one really picked this up and the MP was dead before it got going ... there are some pretty hilarious racial stereotypes mind you ... the French robot springs to mind!!

Its really cheap now about £10 if you search around and really recommended