Dead Island

2»

Comments

• biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I do like this game but the getting knocked to the ground thing is seriously getting on my nerves:mad: maybe im just not that good I dunno

im playing alone and the zombies are leveling up with me dont wish to play coop

im playing as the black Australian chick so hearing her scream every time it happens makes it more annoying lol
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    I do like this game but the getting knocked to the ground thing is seriously getting on my nerves:mad: maybe im just not that good I dunno

im playing alone and the zombies are leveling up with me dont wish to play coop

im playing as the black Australian chick so hearing her scream every time it happens makes it more annoying lol

Are you on the second Island? Anyway don't worry I die a lot there are so many walkers outside the church it's crazy, I'm jumping on car roofs with like 10 walkers reaching for me with all weapons broke lol

I wish I'd put all my skills on to survival and not knife skills.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Are you on the second Island? Anyway don't worry I die a lot there are so many walkers outside the church it's crazy, I'm jumping on car roofs with like 10 walkers reaching for me with all weapons broke lol

I wish I'd put all my skills on to survival and not knife skills.

Is the second island the city? Or is there actually another whole island
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Is the second island the city? Or is there actually another whole island

Ah yes just a fast travel, I think it must be the city you start at a church.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Island Riptide is out today and Friday for most, I'll pick it up once I've finished this I've got lots to do on this yet :)
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this game, played it on PS3. It wasn't too difficult (although some parts/missions are frustrating) but I completed it within a week. Good to play again too.

I hate The Butchers, they made me nervous!!
    When you say frustrating missions do you mean the segment where you protect the witch doctor. If so they have corrected it in the goty edition.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm debating on getting Riptide as I quite enjoyed the first one, but some of the reviews aren't that complimentary.

Some of them do say "if you like the first one you'll like this" which is fine, but i've read a few that say it can get a bit boring due to the size of the game and the lack of variety in missions. Also that there are issues with objects respawning in the same areas all the time, making it easy to get almost unlimited XP.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm debating on getting Riptide as I quite enjoyed the first one, but some of the reviews aren't that complimentary.

Some of them do say "if you like the first one you'll like this" which is fine,

Its been slated on PC on Gamespot. 4/10.
    Don't know if it will be better on consoles but the first didn't thrill me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So lots are saying if you loved the first you'll love it, that's good enough for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what does everyone think of riptide so far.?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems rushed just more of the same but I'm happy enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played a lot today and starting to enjoy it more since getting the boat.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Played a few hours over the weekend, feels more like DLC or an expansion for the original than a sequel. Having fun so far though.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried Riptide today but don't like it at all so im sending it back, glad i rented.

Maybe its better playing co-op it just feels such a chore playing the missions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried Riptide today but don't like it at all so im sending it back, glad i rented.

Maybe its better playing co-op it just feels such a chore playing the missions.

That's the problem for some, be prepared to be roaming around large locations running like hell from hordes of Walkers or stand and slash them like crazy to complete missions.

I find the combat really addictive cutting off limbs and the running dash kick and uppercut skills are so fun

Pimping weapons to is great, come on a Golf Club with spikes :D
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    I didn't like the look of dead island. After what everyone has said about it I think I may have missed out on a fun game.
    Will need to have played the first to understand the second or is the story not that difficult to follow?

I think I may have missed out too. Saw the GOTY for a tenner. May pick it up later.
    The levelling up in Dead Island is somewhat pointless as the zombies equally get stronger with you.

But you don't want to be over-powered to the point that the game is too easy.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my copy of riptide today! ... Haven't played deadisland before so I'm looking forward 2 seeing what all the fuss is about! :D
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really got into the first Dead Island, main story is 78% complete and I'm having a great time with it, currently at the laboratory in the jungle.

My main criticism of the game is at the technical side, it has some of the worse texture pop I've ever seen, its just so noticeable.

But, the game itself is great fun, the combat was quite tricky at first I thought, and the thugs used to really annoy me but I sort the out with ease now, using my sledge hammer lol.

I would highly recommend playing at least one of the Dead Island games. Stick with it and the fun really starts to flow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really got into the first Dead Island, main story is 78% complete and I'm having a great time with it, currently at the laboratory in the jungle.

My main criticism of the game is at the technical side, it has some of the worse texture pop I've ever seen, its just so noticeable.

But, the game itself is great fun, the combat was quite tricky at first I thought, and the thugs used to really annoy me but I sort the out with ease now, using my sledge hammer lol.

I would highly recommend playing at least one of the Dead Island games. Stick with it and the fun really starts to flow.

Taunting the thugs is great fun. Just taunt them and jump back as they try to thump you then try to break their arms. I think the most annoying enemies are floaters butchers and infected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Completed Riptide over the weekend. I enjoyed it, but as someone else said it is very much a DLC more than a new game. Bit annoying how they use the same areas over and over again for the dead zones as well.

All in all, if you enjoyed the 1st, you will enjoy this one. I sold it back to CEX today for the same price i paid, so cant complain!
  • dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am not liking this one much so gonna trade it in tommorow shame as i really enjoyed the first but just can't get into this one
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dannyb2k9 wrote: »
    i am not liking this one much so gonna trade it in tommorow shame as i really enjoyed the first but just can't get into this one

Ditto. I really enjoyed the original but got bored with Riptide very quickly. After completing the original I instantly went back through because I had so much fun. Riptide on the other hand felt like a chore to get through even once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey. I'm on chapter 11 now run into a bit of a problem. I'm on top of the roof now I have 4 optional side missions and the story quest I have to do is find the helicopter wreck. But when I press the button to get the optional quests it won't track and show up on my quest log. Does anyone have any advice? . Am I doing something wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey. I'm on chapter 11 now run into a bit of a problem. I'm on top of the roof now I have 4 optional side missions and the story quest I have to do is find the helicopter wreck. But when I press the button to get the optional quests it won't track and show up on my quest log. Does anyone have any advice? . Am I doing something wrong.

Some side quests unlock when you reach a certain chapter, it's been a while and can't really remember
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some side quests unlock when you reach a certain chapter, it's been a while and can't really remember
    Thanks hmm could be but if that we're the case surely I wouldn't be able to collect the missions ? .