Options

BB US: Is Meg the worst "player" in BB history?

Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
Forum Member
✭✭
After Vanessa stuck her useless ass up for eviction she said something like "my game is falling apart" .. it's at moments like that when I really wished I was BB, so I could come straight back at her and tell her: Meg, sweetheart, you don't have any "game", you never have and never will have. You're a poor version of joke winner Sarah Hanlon. We'd be as well kicking your ass out right now and sticking your face on a standing punch bag, which will replicate your "game" to a tee, and carry the same chance of winning.

Comments

• Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say she's the worst, bad a comps yes but I think there's other players that are even worse than her out there.

She has a pretty good social game and she's even good at game talk. Her problem this season is that she woke up a little to late to game (when all her friends started leaving) and too naive.
  • Options
    troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I don't know what on earth caused you to feel so passionately about this, but if you really think Meg is the worst player ever I'm going to take a wild guess that you're pretty new to BBUS.
  • Options
    molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean as a player then not by a long chalk. I can think of many over the years whose names I've forgotten who were worse - none of them made the jury.

I think people who are strong or potentially strong at comps but who mess up their games by acting nuts like Devin and Audrey are worse at the game than the likes of Meg and Victoria though they are obviously a lot more entertaining.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you have to differentiate btween bad gameplayers and non-gameplayers. There's been many of the latter on the US style BB, it's a fault in the casting.
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is just another one of those who doesn't really play the game and gets dragged along.

At least she got cut now rather than being dragged even further. The worse one for that was Adam a few years back, didn't do a thing and then had the gall to bang on about being invited back for All-Stars in post show interviews.
  • Options
    BWBIDHBWBIDH Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    urt31 wrote: »
    She is just another one of those who doesn't really play the game and gets dragged along.

At least she got cut now rather than being dragged even further. The worse one for that was Adam a few years back, didn't do a thing and then had the gall to bang on about being invited back for All-Stars in post show interviews.

And now he does housemate rankings for a Big Brother site! Him judging other housemates gameplay is laughable.
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'd say the entire BB16 cast (apart from Derrick) were worse than Meg. At least Meg had some intention of playing the game unlike last year's lot who just wanted to be on TV and get their jury money and didn't even try and play the game.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably because I'm primarily a BBUK watcher, but all I care about is how likeable I find someone to be honest. Meg was my favourite of the season (along with Jackie and James).
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even the worst this series. Although no one could blame you for forgetting JACE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you're living the house, you're playing the game. Meg's social game was clearly good enough to get her this far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    Not even the worst this series. Although no one could blame you for forgetting JACE.

Jace's downfall was being too loud but he campaigned really hard to stay, probably the hardest anyone has done this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what on earth caused you to feel so passionately about this, but if you really think Meg is the worst player ever I'm going to take a wild guess that you're pretty new to BBUS.

No, troynuncdicit, I'm not new to BBUS, I've been watching it for years. There's been many terrible players throughout the years..and It's certainly not easy to determine which of them is the worst of all time, but Meg has to be high on any shortlist. Thankfully the terrible weakling has finally been KO'd. The fact is she should never have been cast in the first place. As I've said many times, the casting(particularly for the females) should be tightly screened and no one should be selected because they "look cute" or whatever, like many of them clearly are. Wouldn't it be great if we had a house pact full of super competitors, each and EVERY ONE of them adept at handling the 3 main demands of the game: social, mental&physical. As someone mentioned above, weaklings like Meg are not making it far because of their "good social game", they're making it far by being carried because they're deadwood. Rubbish deadwood that is carried and dumped whenever there's no obvious alternative. It needs to be stopped. And the only way to stop it is by casting better equipped females.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see what makes Meg any worse than anyone else in her alliance. Pretty much everyone loved her and I do think her social game was strong and helped her get as far as she did in spite of being in a pretty pathetic alliance and not being able to have a chance in any of the physical comps due to her knee surgeries. She's not even one of the worst players this season. Just compare her to Jason (sat on the couch and smoked all summer and didn't attempt to game with anyone), Da'Vonne (her campaigning was literally "I need one more vote, can you throw me a sympathy vote?"), and John (is mute, lays in bed all the time, etc.) for starters
  • Options
    BowdonBowdon Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she's the worst player. I mean she did get in an alliance. Women work differently than guys. It's just a shame that this last vote sent James home instead of Julia. If that had happened the game would be busted wide open.

I guess it could be said if Meg had talked to Vanessa one on one, Vanessa might have been persuaded to keep James.
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jace's downfall was being too loud but he campaigned really hard to stay, probably the hardest anyone has done this season.

Too little too late for Jace. And didn't most people expect him out first from watching him play. I know I did. :blush: that to me is the worst game of this series. Jason also messed up his game, he should have gotten much farther. Well I thought so anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jace and Jason played poorly,, they weren't necessarily poor payers. Meg's "grandma" status in the house sums up the threat she carried. Listen, I'm not saying she's not a nice girl, but she's certainly not cut out for a show like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason didn't even play at all. He sat on the couch and smoked cigarettes and called the twins fat all summer. I don't think he ever went up to the HoH Room when he wasn't HoH.

And I'm pretty sure the grandma nickname came from the fact that Meg struggled with a lot of the physical comps since she had a lot of knee surgeries (including one very recently before entering the house) and has arthritis in her knee. And even then, a lot of people love their grandmothers and nobody would want to vote out their grandma. Her entire alliance was effectively screwed as soon as Jason was evicted and they only could have turned things around by going on an HOH streak, but I'm not surprised at all that Meg lasted longer than most of her alliance members.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I would say Jace, Jason and Becky were all worse this season, let alone ever.

Becky tried to make a move on someone in the house who had a lot of influence, made it perfectly clear she wanted her out and acted so full of herself and bitchy about it all and she couldn't even get her out. One of the worst game moves ive ever seen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with Becky wanting to get out Vanessa, it was just silly of her to put up Shelli as a pawn. Plus the goblins turned against her when they shouldn't of lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason didn't even play at all. He sat on the couch and smoked cigarettes and called the twins fat all summer. I don't think he ever went up to the HoH Room when he wasn't HoH.

And I'm pretty sure the grandma nickname came from the fact that Meg struggled with a lot of the physical comps since she had a lot of knee surgeries (including one very recently before entering the house) and has arthritis in her knee. And even then, a lot of people love their grandmothers and nobody would want to vote out their grandma. Her entire alliance was effectively screwed as soon as Jason was evicted and they only could have turned things around by going on an HOH streak, but I'm not surprised at all that Meg lasted longer than most of her alliance members.
    :D
    I would say Jace, Jason and Becky were all worse this season, let alone ever.

Becky tried to make a move on someone in the house who had a lot of influence, made it perfectly clear she wanted her out and acted so full of herself and bitchy about it all and she couldn't even get her out. One of the worst game moves ive ever seen!
    I agree, Becky was ridiculous during that spell of "power".
    I don't see anything wrong with Becky wanting to get out Vanessa, it was just silly of her to put up Shelli as a pawn. Plus the goblins turned against her when they shouldn't of lol
    :D