Humax1000s avoiding adverts

GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was pleasantly surprised when I accidentally pressed the >>I key twice whilst viewing a recording so that I could speed through the adverts. I meant to press the key below.

Pressing that key twice takes you to the end of the adverts. This is brilliant. I was not aware this box had this feature.

I do this all the time now as I hate having to watch adverts.

Comments

• Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The >>| key skips forward a pre-determined time which you can set to your personal preference in the Settings menu General Settings/Recording/Skip Forward. By chance by pressing it 2x brought you to the end of the ad-break. There is no way that the box could know how long the ad-break is. The |<< key (Instant replay) works in reverse skipping backwards and can also be set in that same menu to a time that you choose if you don't like the default setting. This button is useful if you press .>>| too many times and want to go back or simply wish to replay something immediately.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This works every single time I try it.
    It totally skips the adverts to the point of the run in to the next part of the program.

If it just skips a set time each time I press the button, then all advert breaks must be exactly the same length because I never see an advert now.

I will keep testing this and see if I ever see an advert again.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This works every single time I try it.
    It totally skips the adverts to the point of the run in to the next part of the program.

If it just skips a set time each time I press the button, then all advert breaks must be exactly the same length because I never see an advert now.

I will keep testing this and see if I ever see an advert again.
    I assume, like most PVR's, that this model has a time elapsed reading somewhere on the screen? Can you not look at that to see if the time always skips the same amount each time you double-press that button?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenith wrote: »
    I assume, like most PVR's, that this model has a time elapsed reading somewhere on the screen? Can you not look at that to see if the time always skips the same amount each time you double-press that button?

I will. :D
  • Vin BlancVin Blanc Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    On my Foxsat PVR, each press of the skip button advances the recording by 1 minute in accordance with the recording settings I originally programmed in thus, two presses advances it 2 minutes only.

By how many minutes does one press of the button advance the recording on your machine? Specifically, what did you originally set it to?

Vin Blanc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not adjusted any settings related to this.
    It would be as it came out of the box.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most ad breaks are four minutes long, so if you change the predetermined time from 1 (or 2 in your case) minute/s to 4 minutes you should only have to press it once.