Options

Recording mini discs onto pc

I have a sony mini disc deck which has at the back of the machine a pc link socket which looks similar to a din plug. In the manual it refers to a pc connecting kit - but having spoken with Sony the connecting kit is no longer available. Does anybody know how I can go about transferring from minidisc on to pc and then perhaps onto a cd. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masefield wrote:
    I have a sony mini disc deck which has at the back of the machine a pc link socket which looks similar to a din plug. In the manual it refers to a pc connecting kit - but having spoken with Sony the connecting kit is no longer available. Does anybody know how I can go about transferring from minidisc on to pc and then perhaps onto a cd. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks.

Does the player have a headphone socket?

If so buy or make up a lead so you can connect it to your PC line in, Then download a programme like Audacity and away you go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    rifleman19 wrote:
    Does the player have a headphone socket?

If so buy or make up a lead so you can connect it to your PC line in, Then download a programme like Audacity and away you go.

Thanks for the response - to answer your question the deck does have a headphone socket. Silly question I know using the audiogalaxy program I then assume will be able to copy to a cd. Thanks again.
  • Options
    bronx2282bronx2282 Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the link kit would allow you to do is change names and rearrange tracks from your PC. I have one, it also gives a digital optical output from the PC.