Options

Video senders and LCDs

I'm thinking of getting an LCD for the bedroom in a few months time (26-32" probably), but I'm unsure of the best way to get a picture to it.
We have a Sky box in there, which I'll connect via RGB scart, but I still want to have a feed from the Sky+ box downstairs. At the moment it's just a coax cable feeding it with a TV link, and the picture isn't very good, even on a 21" CRT. I'd imagine it'd look pretty shitty on an LCD.

It'd be a pain to run cabling to it, with it being the opposite site of the house. My only other option is a video sender. What is the quality like on these? Would they look OK on an LCD?

Cheers for any advice :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The RF output on a CRT should be very good for what it is, certainly on par with analogue broadcasts although only mono audio.
    Are you sure you have it well tuned and using decent well screened cable?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jarrak wrote:
    The RF output on a CRT should be very good for what it is, certainly on par with analogue broadcasts although only mono audio.
    Are you sure you have it well tuned and using decent well screened cable?
    The cable is virtually knackered - it's connected to the aerial on the roof, and it's split in the loft between the two rooms. I'm just sending the Sky signal back up it.
    It would be very hard to replace it, since it's channeled into the walls.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pingu wrote:
    The cable is virtually knackered - it's connected to the aerial on the roof, and it's split in the loft between the two rooms. I'm just sending the Sky signal back up it.
    It would be very hard to replace it, since it's channeled into the walls.

Does`nt your reply defeat the object of your post and what your trying to do, c`mon Pingu make an effort.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the cabling's knackered, that's why I want to know what the picture is like on video senders.