Kats Lover (Final speculation)

Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have wrote quite a lot of threads regarding this S/L because I'm probably one of the only ones who has enjoyed the mystery behind it all. I have decided to do a final speculation on who it is because i'm really bored and it seems enough spoilers have been released to come to a conclusion.
From the start I have always said it would be Jack and I have stuck to my guns all the way through... these are the reason why.

(I don't know how to put spoilers in tags yet, so if you don't want it ruined... go away! lmao!!)

1. Although this isn't the best of things to go by - there was a rumor last Christmas that Jack and Kat would begin an affair. The actress who played Kat then took an unexpected leave because of personal issues... The story could of been postponed.
2. The week before Christmas (There is a spoiler thread somewhere in soaps) Derek is busy with Max and his secret while Alfie is still tearing himself up over Kat. I think Derek was solely brought in for the Max's secret Story line and not for a sordid affair.
3. I don't believe they would bring in a character for one year , only to be the home wrecker of one of the best couples in EE history - It doesn't make sense (Just like it doesn't make sense that it would be Max, why would they wreck two great couples at once?)
4. Everyone is saying it cannot be Jack because he is with Sharon. If I remember correctly, Sharon and Jack got together after Kat told her lover she loved Alfie and wanted to be with him. Jack is also getting jealous of Sharon and Phil... Maybe because he has already lost one woman to another man? (Another thing to add to this is that, in Sharon's promo trailer for her return - Kat is in it. Why would this be? I know they know each other and have had history, but that was all sorted - I know this isn't much to go by, but if my media lessons taught me anything, its to take everything into account when it comes to TV)
5. Scott Mason is either really bad at looking shifty or he is the lover, he is always the one who lingers his looks around Kat - Derek and Max not so much.
6. We recently found out that when Alfie finds out, he goes for the brother he thinks it is and Kat shouts "You've got the wrong brother" Everyone is saying that Alfie goes for Max first because he has a history of cheating and then it would turn out to be Derek... But Alfie would surely trust Max and Jack enough to think they would never go behind his back? Derek has only been on the square for a year and in Alfie's books is untrustworthy - I think he will think its Derek for those reasons.

You never know though, It might be Derek - But I will be quite disappointed if it is, I actually think Kat and Jack could work together and it would be a great opener for maybe a Ronnie return (2013 or 2014) Imagine that! Coming back from wherever (as she is released soon) to see your ex-husband with the mother of the baby you stole - TV GOLD!

Comments

• cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not the only one who's enjoyed it. I think they stretched it out a bit too long, but it's been a good type of "who-dunnit" with a difference. I think it's Jack, surely it can't be Max? And Derek would be too obvious. Either way I can't wait for the reveal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too late to edit your post, you just highlight everything you want hidden and click on the faded "S" icon at the top of the Message bar.
  • dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    It's Derek all the way for me. I think the fact he is leaving is the perfect excuse to have him as the man who breaks Kat & Alfie up, I think this storyline was only ever meant to impact on them and nobody else in order for the writers to send them off on their own directions for a while before the inevitable reunion. Also, whoever it is has to be able to viably keep drinking in the pub after all this. It's the centre point of the show and Alfie is landlord. And
    if it is Derek, and he dies, there is more drama to gain from Kat having to deal with the split from Alfie and the man she was involved with dying at the same time IMO - she is gonna be left with nothing

I think Alfie won't even consider Derek because, well....it's Derek!! In the same way a lot of viewers can't possibly see what she would see in him. Derek is starting to become obvious now, but i think this storyline has gone on for so long now that the writers have had to give us something. Plus some of this things that have been done/said in certain episodes....for me, it's him. It was never gonna be Max, and I just don't think for Alfie, having Jack as the shagger would have quite the same impact as Derek (although he will be of course be devastated whoever it turns out to be). You can almost hear Derek saying to Alfie "You scammed/ripped me off, I've had your missus" as well....because that surely will come into it if it's Derek too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't enjoyed this story line at all. A bunch of men answering their phones at the same time, making eyes at Kat. It's very tedious but each to their own.

I reckon it's Derek. After he dies maybe there will be a whodunit plot and Alfie will probably be the main suspect. If it was Jack and Kat having an affair, I reckon we would have seen some passionate scenes with them by now but the scriptwriters know viewers wouldn't want to watch Derek and Kat together so they did it this way instead.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    You're not the only one who's enjoyed it. I think they stretched it out a bit too long, but it's been a good type of "who-dunnit" with a difference. I think it's Jack, surely it can't be Max? And Derek would be too obvious. Either way I can't wait for the reveal.

In these forums it is hard to spot who likes it!! Glad to see another person does though. I too think they stretched it a little long, but it has been good - The fact that this is a mystery "Whodunnit.. her" S/L also quashes theories for me that Dereks death will also be a whodunnit... I think Dereks death will be by the hands of someone we don't know and will not be sticking around... Probably those thugs that we saw the spoiler photos for a couple of weeks ago?
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Either Derek or Jack. I really can't see it being Max as I thought the main focus for him over Christmas was his secret & wedding to Tanya. If it was Max, then that would mean he was the centre stage character for the festive episodes and that would be awful lool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I, too have thought I was Jack since the beginning and I'm sticking to it!

It's not Max as the affair is revealed the week before Xmas and Max and Tanya are still preparing wedding plans, which she wouldn't do.

Christmas Is to revolve around the Branning's. Derek already has the Max secret to be exposed which he is a massive part of. Jack is then in the background.

Jack being the lover would also make it worse for Alfie as he considered Jack as a friend. With Kat screaming you've got the wrong brother.

I'm assuming Alfie may go for Max, as all the evidence piles up and he has a reputation. Alfie would least suspect Jack!

With Derek being killed off and Alfie knocking off with Roxy, I'd imagine they'd want to keep the mystery man on the square to add to Kat's misery!

When Sharon first appeared back, there was a interview with someone regarding eastenders and it said Kat and Sharon were NOT to get on. They've barely had any scenes together but when they have, they got on fine. Jack as the mystery man would turn that around.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think Derek. While I agree with those that say Jack got with Sharon after Kat split up with her lover, I don't see Jack getting obsessed with/stalking Kat whereas that would be a new dimension for Derek's character. Derek isn't really capable of proper love so him getting obsessed with someone he was just sleeping around with first would make sense plus he wouldn't care about going behind Alfie's back. Also I don't think Jack would betray Alfie like that.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Not too late to edit your post, you just highlight everything you want hidden and click on the faded "S" icon at the top of the Message bar.

Yep, or if you are on your phone put at the start and at the end but without the apostrophes (')
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Derek. While I agree with those that say Jack got with Sharon after Kat split up with her lover, I don't see Jack getting obsessed with/stalking Kat whereas that would be a new dimension for Derek's character. Derek isn't really capable of proper love so him getting obsessed with someone he was just sleeping around with first would make sense plus he wouldn't care about going behind Alfie's back. Also I don't think Jack would betray Alfie like that.

This.

Doubt it is Max, as I can't see why he would go with Kat. He actually loved Stacy, which is why he had an affair with her. Also I still remember Kat getting a text saying 'I want to jump over the bar and kiss you' or something, when Max wasn't in the Vic at the time (same night as the pub 'brawl' if you can call it that)

Jack would be the second most likely, but I can't see him stalking Kat either. Also, I don't think he would go there because of the Tommy history.

Derek is the most likely, and is the kind who would become obsessed with Kat and start stalking her. With him leaving, it gives Kat and Alfie a connection to him as well (I'm thinking it will be a who-dunnit) and a reason.

I don't hate this SL as much as others, just think it has gone on for too long and has been ridiculous in places. If it had been shorter, I would have enjoyed it more. The mystery has been ok, as you can see people suspect all three of the brothers, so it hasn't been that much of a flop.

I don't think most people hate the SL itself, but the fact that they are giving Kat an affair storyline again and making Alfie look like a doormat. If someone else had been given it, it might have been more successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with Derek.

The rumour last year is exactly what it is - a rumour. On DS there was a 'rumour' (indeed, if anyone recalls some treated it as the gospel of truth) that Cora's daughter was Sharon - because the storyline closely coincided with Sharon's return, amongst other reasons in which many sought to try and imagine any holes in Sharon's back story for this to be true. It turned out - as we all know Sharon WASN'T Cora's daughter.

I disagree Derek was introduced solely for Max's secret. It's likely he was TPTB's attempt at establishing a Branning Hard Man/head honcho and by this spring when Foreman signed a six-month contract, that wasn't working due to characterisation issues, and seemingly even Foreman's own unhappiness at the development of Derek. Thus, they axed him and intertwined him with what is likely a far in advanced planned Branning meltdown this Christmas, with his killing.

As for (3. it doesn't make sense that EastEnders would destroy one of the best couples in its history, which occurred prior to Derek even being introduced. Kat was in Sharon's trailer probably because of (a. Kat's still considered one of EE's leading ladies by TPTB (b. Kat and Sharon share history via Dennis, Zoe, and Den. Jack and Sharon and Alfie and Kat are likely to be separate storylines. Firstly, because why would Jack want Kat - over Sharon? Jack's completely possessive over Sharon. That doesn't really coincide with desiring Kat. Also, as I recall Jack and Sharon initially 'got together' on the week of Sharon's return when Kat was still having an affair.

At (4. Malsen's a pretty bad actor. As for Alfie, well the counter-point is Alfie would likely - even at that stage of finding out about the affair - not think Kat, would of all people chose to have an affair with Derek. To Alfie I suppose, and Kat/Max affair would make sense - both are individuals who have a history of cheating multiple times - and Alfie seems to treat Max as he would anyone, not adorning Max with any particular trust. The second option - a Kat/Jack combo - is likely to make sense to Alfie given the whole Tommy situation. I don't think in Alfie's wildest nightmares would he ever think Kat could find Derek desirable.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone said Spencer Moon
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its Max or Jack then the writers need to be sacked, this storyline has been complete rubbish from the start, it has dragged on far to long and ruined what used to be a decent soap couple (a fair time ago).

If it is Derek then i suppose we could believe he could possibly find kat sexy :eek: and in some way could become obsessed with her due to his lack of luck in the past with the ladies and his time in prison :D

But its no way 2 womanisers like Jack and Max would be obsessed with Kat not a chance on this planet, she is rough as old boots and twice as ugly, max is skint so cant see him affording the flat and Jack likes blonds so its DEREK !
  • dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I don't think in Alfie's wildest nightmares would he ever think Kat could find Derek desirable.

THIS! Whoever it is will devastate Alfie, but neither Jack or Max will have the same impact to Alfie as finding out it's Derek.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to think TPTB have deliberately loaded the storyline with false trails leading to Derek.

Having convinced ninety per cent of the viewers that it IS Derek would add to the buzz about the storyline when it emerges that it is a different brother.

Also I just don't buy all this 'eternal love' that Jack feels for Sharon - he's the sort of man who would happily have two women on the go at once. And Max has form for cheating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we don't know TPTB have convinced '90%' of viewers it's Derek - we only know that the case for the handful of hundreds of people on DS. Max may have form in cheating; but I doubt he'd go for Kat. Plus, Max's is far too preoccupied with this 'secret' business to have the time to cheat and is having money troubles - meaning he wouldn't be able to afford to splash the case on the flat. Jack may not 'eternally love' Sharon, however I seriously doubt he'd go for a full on affair rough which is what Kat is.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be Derek. Probably revealed just before he dies.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any chance it could be anyone else who isn't a Branning? Someone who may have been around at the relevant moments, but was in the background and no attention paid to at the time. I watch EE on and off, so this is just me wondering having not seen all episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    Is there any chance it could be anyone else who isn't a Branning? Someone who may have been around at the relevant moments, but was in the background and no attention paid to at the time. I watch EE on and off, so this is just me wondering having not seen all episodes.

Nope, it's been confirmed that it's a Branning brother.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, we don't know TPTB have convinced '90%' of viewers it's Derek - we only know that the case for the handful of hundreds of people on DS. Max may have form in cheating; but I doubt he'd go for Kat. Plus, Max's is far too preoccupied with this 'secret' business to have the time to cheat and is having money troubles - meaning he wouldn't be able to afford to splash the case on the flat. Jack may not 'eternally love' Sharon, however I seriously doubt he'd go for a full on affair rough which is what Kat is.

I agree. Also Jack tends to have one night stands not affairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I also have a feeling Jack will turn out to be her lover..
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jack did have a short affair with Sam Mitchell and he knew she was with Ricky but it didn't stop him them did it and he slept with Tanya it didn't matter to him that she is the mother of his brothers children and she was his brothers wife/exwife because her last name was still Branning and Max had an affair with Stacey and it didn't matter to him that he had a wife and 2 daughters at home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack did have a short affair with Sam Mitchell and he knew she was with Ricky but it didn't stop him them did it and he slept with Tanya it didn't matter to him that she is the mother of his brothers children and she was his brothers wife/exwife because her last name was still Branning and Max had an affair with Stacey and it didn't matter to him that he had a wife and 2 daughters at home

I don't see how any of that's relevant.

Sam is blonde and a Mitchell. That's Jack niche down to a tee. I never claimed in my post Jack as a moral character, a character who never had affairs, and a character who never tried to chase down those in relationships. However, I did question why Jack would had an affair with Kat who isn't all that by a long stretch when he has Sharon.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how any of that's relevant.

Sam is blonde and a Mitchell. That's Jack niche down to a tee. I never claimed in my post Jack as a moral character, a character who never had affairs, and a character who never tried to chase down those in relationships. However, I did question why Jack would had an affair with Kat who isn't all that by a long stretch when he has Sharon.

Well Jack was not with Kat when the affair started and now he is jealous of Sharon and Phil. my first choice is Derek, my second choice is Max and my last choice is Jack I think Jack will be a dark horse to be Kat's lover if Kat's lover is Max then that will be the laziest writing in Eastenders making it be Max but there were hints that something could happen between them and do you remember that scene when Kat let Jack hold Tommy
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    It could still be Max, everyone says that is can't be because of the Christmas Wedding , but do we have proof that the Wedding actually goes ahead? I have seen no pics. yet only "spoilers" and hints from the Cast, plus Tanya is leaving in early 2013 and if the "Secret" due to be blown concerning Manchester is so terrible (and it sounds to me like they did a dodgy deal or something and Max is being blackmailed, dont think it is "Woman trouble"), then why would she stay around? she would just pack her bags and go, but if she found out Max was having an affair she might be tempted to stay and try to work it out with him, only to find she could n't forgive him.

Plus Derek is supposed to die over Christmas, so the reveal would have to be before Christmas Eve, would Max and Tanya really go ahead with a Wedding after that blew up? Max would be wanting to protect his Brother who, presumably, would be in fear of his life.

Dont know though, Im probably totally wrong :D