is anyone else underwhelmed by capaldi

Comments

• daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Ermmm...

Did I miss Peter Capaldi's first season?
    Oh. He hasn't even filmed a scene yet, you say?:rolleyes:

When I've seen him in the show then I'll form an opinion on his suitability for the role.

My thoughts exactly. How anyone can make a judgement on someone they haven't even seen in the role yet is beyond belief.

Just give the guy a chance. As with Matt Smith, he may well win people over, but that can only be done by seeing him first, rather than slating him before he has the chance to prove himself.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That 'poll' isn't even trying to pretend to be objective, since it's merely an adjunct to a little rah-rah piece on Tennant.
    Besides, he stole that 'Weeellllllll...' from Tom Baker. ;)

A Piece was done on each Doctor not just Tennant with the Poll attached to all of them.

The Tom Baker article for example.

Grisonaut wrote: »
    Link to the DS poll?

I need to big up some of the other 52%.

See above.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That 'poll' isn't even trying to pretend to be objective, since it's merely an adjunct to a little rah-rah piece on Tennant.
    Besides, he stole that 'Weeellllllll...' from Tom Baker. ;)

It does seem awkwardly in favour - even saying that he's responsible for the show's US success, when that was clearly because of Matt. (And Tom before him).
    Hahaha! :D

Grisonaut wrote: »
    Link to the DS poll?

I need to big up some of the other 52%.

Here you go...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a512907/doctor-who-at-50-is-david-tennant-the-greatest-doctor-of-all.html

EDIT: Oh, blast I got beaten. And Tennant's almost at 50%.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem awkwardly in favour - even saying that he's responsible for the show's US success, when that was clearly because of Matt. (And Tom before him).

You are clearly spoiling for a fight. :p:D
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are clearly spoiling for a fight. :p:D

New keyboard's a fightin' keyboard! :D;)
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to enjoy Peter Capaldi playing the Doctor just as much as I have enjoyed all of the other actors playing the Doctor. Each has brought something new to the part of the Doctor that we have enjoyed in some way, some more than others, some longer than others, some with less problems than others, but each has brought us joy to seeing that person playing the Doctor at some point.

So until we can see PC as the Doctor, we can only guess how he is going to portray the Doctor. And since is has already been given a hand by the 10th Doctor, he has that magical touch already. :D
  • monkeyscratchmonkeyscratch Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    as I stated long ago, it was just an opinion, and yes he's not filmed, or appeared in a scene, the thread was that I couldn't imagine him in the role, prove me wrong pc please! Prove me wrong Moffat give us a credible, unbroken storyline, its an opinion not a judgement
  • krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I'm thrilled that he's going to be playing the Doctor. He's one of a handful of actors (Tennant's definitely another) that I'd watch regardless of what they're in - he's that good. To be honest, I haven't been so excited about the show in years. :)
    Forum Member
    Well thank you all, much more reassured now ... However one last cat in pidgeons
    Forum Member
    If, and I say if cus dnt want to upset the cp fans, if the ratings do drop how long have am and pc got to turn it around and what do they do
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If, and I say if cus dnt want to upset the cp fans, if the ratings do drop how long have am and pc got to turn it around and what do they do

Could you please write in English? I have no idea who am is.
    Forum Member
    Sm, soz predictive txt!!
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I thnk pcpadi will be ok if e is gven a chnce!

Do you get my meaning....does the above make sense?

I think we should wait until the guy has performed his guise as The Doctor to be honest.
    I think he'll be really good.

Sorry to be sarcastic about the spelling and wording - we all make mistakes! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Maybe in two years time pc will win the poll by 60% or something, cus he'll prove me wrong, and be the bestest eva, Lets hope eh
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote:
    This.

Matt is my favourite doctor for a very long time.
    Matt is so lovely, I admit I am trying to be quite positive but until I see the new Doctor on screen, I will be a little cautious.
    Forum Member
    Sandydune U appear sing from my hymn sheet
    Forum Member
    Jonny Lee Miller, would have been my perfect choice, quite well known in US due to Dexter and elementry, would have sold it perfectly, vry versatile
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he will be marvelous. Great actor! Looking forward to him as the Doctor. Does this answer the question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandydune U appear sing from my hymn sheet
    I can't sing very well but will la la do?:D
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here you go...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a512907/doctor-who-at-50-is-david-tennant-the-greatest-doctor-of-all.html

EDIT: Oh, blast I got beaten. And Tennant's almost at 50%.

I agree with this. Tennant may have brought Doctor Who back as a household name here in the UK it's really Matt and Moffat whom have accelerated the show's success in the US. Who can forget the US promotions for series six?
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    Not at all underwhelmed - I'm totally looking forward to his portrayal of the Doctor.

Yup me too.
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »

that'll do fine lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that'll do fine lol
    It's all groovy isn't it.:D
    Forum Member
    It's all groovy isn't it.:D

very timey wimey :-)
  • Simon_FostonSimon_Foston Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Underwhelmed by Peter Capaldi?

Oooh. Let me think about that for a moment.

Let's see...

No. Not in the least. Absolutely not.