Options

Just got into Tourchwood

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,138
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all i know im WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL behind but have just been watching tourchwood and.......MY GOD its brilliant my fav episode so far countrycide its like a really dark horror movie. must say some of the stories are excellent and show what a great writer RTD is. im looking forward to watcing series 2 soon and also the raved about children of earth..

also helps that gwen is lovley

Comments

• Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't spoiler things for you, but while some episodes of series 1 are a bit ropey, with sex
    and swearing included purely for the sake of it being more adult than the show it's spun
    off from, the show finds its feet with series 2, with far less focus on the rude stuff.

Series 2 is a much better series than the first, and the series 2 finale is a real tearjerker.
  • Options
    QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Children of Earth was the best for me. That's the week long mini-series special.

Mind blowing stuff. My Dad hates Sci-Fi, but he rang me one night, telling me to switch on BBC 1. I told him "I know, I'm watching, BYE!" :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Ginge wrote: »
    Hi all i know im WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL behind but have just been watching tourchwood and.......MY GOD its brilliant my fav episode so far countrycide its like a really dark horror movie. must say some of the stories are excellent and show what a great writer RTD is. im looking forward to watcing series 2 soon and also the raved about children of earth..

also helps that gwen is lovley

Just to point out that while he may well have had some input in each story RTD is only credited as the writer on 1 episode (the first one) in Series 1 and none in Series 2.

It wasn't till CoE that he actually wrote anymore TW episodes.
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strange i've heard about torchwood but never about tourchwood, anyone mind filling me in about what it's about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    strange i've heard about torchwood but never about tourchwood, anyone mind filling me in about what it's about?

Seriously? The most constructive thing you can add to a thread is a jibe at somebody's mis-spelling?

Come on, we can keep it a bit more civil than this, can't we?
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:rolleyes: Oh gosh, how sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Oh gosh, how sad.

To be fair, I did mis-read it as "just got in to touch wood", which is very *BARROWMAN!!!*

But to the OP, welcome to the world of TW. It's a series that will progressively get better and better and better. Enjoy the road ahead!
  • Options
    GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two series were pretty crap IMO. I have to admit though, Children of Earth was a masterpiece! Why couldn't RTD write as well as that for Doctor Who?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes sorry about the speeling ill be a bit more careful in the future so as not to upset people.......

but im nearly at the end of series one and i think its brilliant just watched the lost in time episode bit slow but good story. so as people say it get better im looking forward to series 2 and 3 knowking my b*****ks of!!!!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I think all 3 series were pretty good. The first time i watched "Random Shoes" i was pretty blown away. It's still up on my favorite episode list. Probably because i can substitute the characters with some people that i know hehe!
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just started watching too, because I loved Children of Earth. So far, the majority I've seen have been fairly awful (orgasm monster and the REALLY depressing 'Random Shoes' episode, mainly), but I did quite like Countrycide.

It is kind of stupid, how they try and be more 'adult' by shoving in more sex/make out scenes, or whatever. Not seen series 2 yet, so I hope that improves. Will always love CoE, though.
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 1 and 2 were dreadful, but Children of Earth was everything Torchwood always boasted it could be. I've never seen such a drastic improvement within a show.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Series 1 and 2 were dreadful, but Children of Earth was everything Torchwood always boasted it could be. I've never seen such a drastic improvement within a show.

I liked the second series personally, not a patch on Who and definitely not a patch on COE, but highly watchable overall (minus Gray).
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member

Well let's face it, any show improves drastically when Russell T Davies is writing the scripts, not just producing.