Options

So boring!

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
Literally nothing happening so far. Just caught up on the last two episodes and it was just boring with what seems like boring people offering very little entertainment value.

The cast is more old school but no Marcus type character or Charley etc. It's not that fun to watch.

Comments

• Options
    FerilatgatrFerilatgatr Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am struggling to watch it now because nothing seems to be going on. The housemates just seem dull. Maybe after the last series with people complaining about the arguments, they might be trying to tone it down. Seems like Channel 5 gave up on this BB before it even started though. There were little promotions and they revealed the housemates before the launch night
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roll on CBB
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this more than any C5 series so far.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too.

It's definitely more old school style BB, and I'm over the moon about that!

(I'm glad there is no Charley character!!!!!:o)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Roll on CBB

CBB is rubbish it's just suits the short attention spans of celeb culture Britain these days
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too.

It's definitely more old school style BB, and I'm over the moon about that!

(I'm glad there is no Charley character!!!!!:o)

Glad I'm not the only one

Tough luck on those who just want wall to wall arguments, some of us are actually enjoying it

Much better to be :) rather than be :( or >:( every day
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the best Channel 5 series. I think people underestimate how hard it is to pick a set of housemates. On paper, this set of housemates probably looked perfect to the producers (and personally I'm liking them). You can't predict how they will react, bond etc once they're all in the house together though. People are saying that they want more to happen, but for this to happen the producers would have to interfere and meddle. If this was to happen people then would complain that there's too much interference. It's funny, people on here bang on and on about wanting the show to revert back more to the original format and have "normal" people in the house. Well, this is the most relatively "normal" set of housemates we've had in years and people are complaining...if they went full on "normal", people here would be moaning even more. Personally, I'm liking this series a lot.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    I am surprised people feel passionately about this series yet. I like it much more than BB15 but much less than BB14 so far.

I don't think it needs FIGHT NIGHT or anything to make a good series, but you need some interesting dynamics and unfortunately the big storyline is "Sarah luvs Danny".

I'm also worried about the evictions being very obvious - I will be shocked if any of Adjoa/Sarah/Jade/Aaron/Cristian make it to the second half of the series.
  • Options
    NerdNerd Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    A lot of them said they had a problem with authority before they went in. That must have sounded good to the producers. Rebellions, escapes and tantrums are what it's all about. This bunch are too obedient.
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually quite liking it. It will definitely kick off but I think when it does it will actually be entertaining rather than unbearable like some of last years fights that didn't seem to end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a question of arguments, they just don't seem interesting. The housemates of bb9-10-11 weren't as boring as this. Those old school series had big characters.

We basically have nothing to talk about, I can't even be that critical to anyone or like anyone, it's just drab.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last year was a horror show , full of arseholes , but . . this year is a bit too weak .

they're all like weak little lambs , we need some troublemakers .
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    I have also not enjoyed a series so much in years.For me its the no major arguments and the no groups forming that i like.boring to most i know, but its just what appeals to me.

There will be fights,we know that,its going to happen,if not naturally,then BB will make it happen.Until then I'm enjoying the relative harmony and no 0utsiders/populars/nasty housemates that people love to lump together in the last 3 or 4 years
  • Options
    iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's interesting because I am actually enjoying these housemates. They seem more balanced than in the recent past. I'll regret this but they all seem to have a tiny bit of respect and dignity.
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    It is less than riveting because the editors are idiots who dont know what they are doing. With all the footage they have to work with it must be possible to come up with something more interesting than this. The inane and infantile tasks /games dont help either.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am struggling to watch it now because nothing seems to be going on. The housemates just seem dull. Maybe after the last series with people complaining about the arguments, they might be trying to tone it down. Seems like Channel 5 gave up on this BB before it even started though. There were little promotions and they revealed the housemates before the launch night

That is very true, I never saw one advert for it and didn't even know it was on until I flicked over and it was half way through the launch night.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is pretty ok so far , its brewing and bubbling up slowly but nicely too i think. BB hasn't done that for a while.

If you are a bit fed up with civy BB these days slow bubbling up actually helps you get through it i think rather than every one going at each other straight off the bat. If this year was very like last year for instance i think even more would have switched off by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night was a bit better but some of them need to up it. You want to create an impact, be remembered. Housemates in the past are still remembered, the memorable ones. See ex housemates comment on Facebook they still get people coming up to them now mentioning big brother.

This lot will go out on a whimper unless the dynamics change.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it might be a slow burner. A lot of them seem like they will get closer as friends than those in last year's house, who were all fake and argumentative, which might be better in the long run when the real arguments start :D.
  • Options
    BBoldie2013BBoldie2013 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with OP. I'm so bored with this series I may even stop watching for the first time ever! And it's nothing to do with arguments and fights. I hated last series for that. It's because the HMs this year are just the same old, same old. We've seen it all before. Every conversation they've had I've thought Yawn I've heard all this before.

Surely they could have found more interesting characters than this. What is wrong with people in their 30s? BB either go for 20s or over 45s. With this lot it's just all about looks and sex.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this series I like quite a few people and it's nice to see them getting on and having fun unlike last year where there was so many arguments it got hard to watch at times.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with OP. I'm so bored with this series I may even stop watching for the first time ever! And it's nothing to do with arguments and fights. I hated last series for that. It's because the HMs this year are just the same old, same old. We've seen it all before. Every conversation they've had I've thought Yawn I've heard all this before.

Surely they could have found more interesting characters than this. What is wrong with people in their 30s? BB either go for 20s or over 45s. With this lot it's just all about looks and sex.

I'm inclined to agree. Although BB has always cast younger, they are now not even taking on people in their 30s. I mean, after Eileen the next oldest in this season is Kieran at 30! Surely they must realise if they had more people in their 30s/40s it would cause more conflict with the 18-30 crowd?
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    This is the best editing/presentation/production of a Channel 5 series so far at the moment in my view. It's such a throwback to the older CH4 seasons.

There's a very nice balance of including all of the Houseguests and various tones/themes and Big Brother's involvement isn't heavy handed but it's on standby if and when needed again maintaining a decent balance and a focus on creative tasks without lazily putting them in a 2minute music montage package.

It's going to be extremely difficult for them, however... to not only maintain this level but to continue improving as it progresses. If they succeed and live up to the potential it could easily be the best CH5 series and rank higher than some of the CH4 series.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    I'm loving this series; there is an old school vibe going on and last series was just a relentless hate session. Watching tv should not be so much hard work as it was last year.

Plus it's only been a week - people need to give it a chance. or just switch off instead of making flouncy threads the whole time
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm liking it..but then again, I'm damning with faint praise, by saying anything would be better than the horror show that was last years BB.:o It was truly appalling and the cherry on the rotten cake was Helen Wood winning.>:(