Anyone else watching the old ANTM at the moment?

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Tyra feels a right fool for baby-sitting Bianca through cycle 9.
    Too right, the fact that Bianca makes it past Lisa and Heather is damn stupid. Bianca takes like one good picture during the whole cycle, the burning car photoshoot, and even that doesn't fit the theme of the shoot.

Tyra treated Bianca like a charity case, but she was p*ssed when she saw how much of a b*tch she was during the cycle. She even said to Bianca on her chatshow that if she had known how Bianca had been treating the other girls then she would have gone home alot sooner. ;)

Saleisha wasn't as nasty as Bianca, but she just seemed bratty and spoilt to me. People called FIX because she was part of an advertising campaign just a year or so before taking part in ANTM, but the rules say that any participating model can't have been involved in an advertising campaign within the last 5 years.

Notice how Tyra said some very cryptic things regarding Saleisha during the cycle. At the auditions, when picking the final 13 with the Jays, Tyra says that Saleisha needs to take her career because it won't just be handed to her, and that without ANTM she would just be a mediocre model (which she is :D )
    Also when Saleisha's in the bottom two, Tyra says to her "But can Saleisha become America's Next Top Model? We don't know.." She has never said that to any other girl in any cycle, nevermind so early in the cycle in just week 3.
    Saleisha wouldn't know how to do high fashion if her life depended on it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just re-watching the recap show for cycle 9 and tyra said something like
    'You told your stories and you didnt hold back and thats why all of you are standing over there"

And, ok, so they showed personality and stuff, and it helped them, i get that. But the way it was said it seemed like she was saying
    'you got in cos you had the best sob stories'

although if im honest i think as im re-watching this cycle i am nit picking, becuase it really seemed like one of the more uhh how to say it, like, wrong cycles. Does that make sense? It was almost like this one wasnt based on modeling. Although its a TV show so they are all like that, dosnt mean i dont love antm anyways ;)
  • Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QUOTE=meglosmurmurs;)

Saleisha wasn't as nasty as Bianca, but she just seemed bratty and spoilt to me.

I must of missed the bits where Saleisha came across as not being as nasty as Bianca and seeming bratty and spoilt.She came across as a paragon of virtue IMO.:confused:

Even Bianca, i didn't think was nasty (a la Monique cycle 8).She was just childish,and she came across as a bitch that didn't know when and how to shut her mouth. Although saying that,i thought her criticism of Heather was spot on, (remember i love Heather). Heather was mollycoddled through this cycle.

From the re-cap,Bianca seems to have calmed down.
    I hope she remains calm.Because i can't remember if she became a bitch again before her elimination.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cycle 9 infuriates me so much.

Everybody in the final 6 was more deserving of the title than Saleisha imo. I really do not understand how she won. I mean, about 50% of the winners I've disagreed but that has usually been out of the top 3/2. I mean, even Sarah had a better portfolio than Saleisha.

I also cannot agree with the person who said Saleisha was technically better.

Saleisha had a great walk, sure, but Jenah was pretty damn good on the runway too and her portfolio wiped the floor with Saleisha's. The difference between the quality of Saleisha's walk and Jenah's walk was nowhere near as wide as the gap between Jenah's and Saleisha's portfolios. Heather also had a much better portfolio, however I understand why she did not win and why she did not progress further than she did.

In terms of personality, Chantal was also more appropriate than Saleisha for Cover Girl imo. I bet the judges feel stupid now having spoken about Saleisha's 'inner beauty' with her being such a bully towards Heather. :mad:

Lisa also had a better portfolio than Saleisha.

It just still baffles me how she won. I don't even know how she made it past the flower shoot imo, any other girl would have been kicked out that week.
    Forum Member
    Glad that the re-showing of cycle 9 is now over. I couldn't ever bear to watch Saleisha win again.
    Seeing her blubbing while saying "I don't want to see someone else take my dream" makes me watch to b*tch-slap her.

Most of the other girls were superior models to Saleisha - Heather, Lisa, Jenah, Sarah, Victoria, Chantal, Ebony, and I even found Ambreal and Janet to be much more appealing. Kimberly and Mila had very interesting looks, so all that leaves is b*tchy Bianca, whose bald head did her wonders.
    The fact that Saleisha had some experience yet was still so mediocre/sh*te should have counted against her. It says alot that on the go-sees challenge, where Saleisha and Bianca were the only girls to make it back on time, the inexperienced Bianca with her weak portfolio still managed to beat out Saleisha.
    Plus Saleisha's covergirl pic during the final 6 is probably the worst picture of the cycle for me.

Cycle 9 started with so many possibilities but managed to do severe damage to the reputation of ANTM.
    The second half of the cycle is particularly annoying to watch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cycle 9 started with so many possibilities but managed to do severe damage to the reputation of ANTM.

Luckily they finally managed to properly pull back the reputation in cycle 13, thanks to some seriously great contestants!
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I'm another person who is hooked on rewatching the reruns, and not a Saleisha fan. Would have preferred either of the others in the final three.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad that the re-showing of cycle 9 is now over. I couldn't ever bear to watch Saleisha win again.
    Seeing her blubbing while saying "I don't want to see someone else take my dream" makes me watch to b*tch-slap her.

Most of the other girls were superior models to Saleisha - Heather, Lisa, Jenah, Sarah, Victoria, Chantal, Ebony, and I even found Ambreal and Janet to be much more appealing. Kimberly and Mila had very interesting looks, so all that leaves is b*tchy Bianca, whose bald head did her wonders.
    The fact that Saleisha had some experience yet was still so mediocre/sh*te should have counted against her. It says alot that on the go-sees challenge, where Saleisha and Bianca were the only girls to make it back on time, the inexperienced Bianca with her weak portfolio still managed to beat out Saleisha.
    Plus Saleisha's covergirl pic during the final 6 is probably the worst picture of the cycle for me.

Crikey,you'd think that Saleisha had caused the Global Recession & the oil leak in the Gulf Of Mexico. I can imagine you tearing your hair out and putting your foot through the television, watching the re-run of Cycle 9.:D

It's a 3 year old modelling competition,where a stunningly beautiful girl won.You need to get over it.
    In fact, i know a fantastic psychiatrist where you and other Saleisha detractors can go and discuss the trauma of Saleisha winning Cycle 9. Make it a group thing, tea & coffee would be served. I'd blame FreddieP for starting this thread and Living TV for re-running such a horrible cycle.What were they thinking of making you relive such terrible time.:D

Joking apart, i thought the last 4 girls ( Yes,even Bianca ) were stunning. Tyra's photogragh of Saleisha on The Great Wall was remarkable.

The poster that said that Sarah ( the plus size model, that shrunk through the cycle, therefore she was kicked out of the competition for losing weight.) had a better portfolio than Saleisha. I'll reserve a special place for you on the psychiatrist couch.:D

ANTM, has never lost it's reputation,nor was there severe damage done because of Saleisha winning. From the very first cycle to the present one, ANTM has gone from strength to strength.

I can't wait for the re-run of cycle 13,where we can get into an equally and robust debate on the merits of Sundai getting as far as she did.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry.R wrote: »

I can't wait for the re-run of cycle 13,where we can get into an equally and robust debate on the merits of Sundai getting as far as she did.:D

Is it bad that when i read that i actually got genuinly exited for that debate even though you were being sarcastic? Cos i dont know about anyone else but i would come out with both guns blazing for that one. And anyone who bad mouths the twins...watch your backs...KIDDING (kinda)! Gosh ANTM makes me far too emotional...:S

*cough* on second thoughts, ill be needing a place in that psychiatrist couch please.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't tune in to watch Saleisha winning again either. Watching cycle 9 again reminded me how amazing Chantal & Jenah were. Both were robbed.
    Forum Member
    Terry.R wrote: »
    Crikey,you'd think that Saleisha had caused the Global Recession & the oil leak in the Gulf Of Mexico. I can imagine you tearing your hair out and putting your foot through the television, watching the re-run of Cycle 9.:D

It's a 3 year old modelling competition,where a stunningly beautiful girl won.You need to get over it.
    In fact, i know a fantastic psychiatrist where you and other Saleisha detractors can go and discuss the trauma of Saleisha winning Cycle 9. Make it a group thing, tea & coffee would be served. I'd blame FreddieP for starting this thread and Living TV for re-running such a horrible cycle.What were they thinking of making you relive such terrible time.:D

Joking apart, i thought the last 4 girls ( Yes,even Bianca ) were stunning. Tyra's photogragh of Saleisha on The Great Wall was remarkable.

The poster that said that Sarah ( the plus size model, that shrunk through the cycle, therefore she was kicked out of the competition for losing weight.) had a better portfolio than Saleisha. I'll reserve a special place for you on the psychiatrist couch.:D

ANTM, has never lost it's reputation,nor was there severe damage done because of Saleisha winning. From the very first cycle to the present one, ANTM has gone from strength to strength.

I'm not mad, I just don't like being conned. Anyway, this forum is a place for us to voice our opinions.

Tyra should have taken her rose-tinted glasses off and judged Saleisha on what she brought to the cycle, whereas she seemed to base some of her opinions from before it started.

And Sarah's portfolio was better than Saleisha's. :p It's hard to compare them though because Sarah was eliminated too early, before Saleisha could actually take an alright picture.
    Sarah was eliminated for not looking like a plus-sized model, not based on ability. Sarah only had one mediocre picture, the gargoyle one, the others were all great - anti-smoking, rock-climbing, plants, recycling, and she was even complimented on her performance in the music video (despite being eliminated that episode).
    It's hard to pinpoint where exactly the cycle started to go tits up, but I'd say Sarah's elimination is certainly one of the contenders.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I didn't tune in to watch Saleisha winning again either. Watching cycle 9 again reminded me how amazing Chantal & Jenah were. Both were robbed.

Jenah was robbed. Chantal was unremarkable and seemed to get there by default by not being the worse, but not far off, some weeks.
    Forum Member
    And now season 10. Never seen the casting ep for this one before. What was the point of getting in the old contestants in cheerleader uniforms to do nothing? Seeing Anya in casting, I think hers may be the best makeover of the show. And I'm remembering how annoyed I got with the judges failing to learn how to say Katarzyna's name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not mad, I just don't like being conned. Anyway, this forum is a place for us to voice our opinions.

Tyra should have taken her rose-tinted glasses off and judged Saleisha on what she brought to the cycle, whereas she seemed to base some of her opinions from before it started.

And Sarah's portfolio was better than Saleisha's. :p It's hard to compare them though because Sarah was eliminated too early, before Saleisha could actually take an alright picture.
    Sarah was eliminated for not looking like a plus-sized model, not based on ability. Sarah only had one mediocre picture, the gargoyle one, the others were all great - anti-smoking, rock-climbing, plants, recycling, and she was even complimented on her performance in the music video (despite being eliminated that episode).
    It's hard to pinpoint where exactly the cycle started to go tits up, but I'd say Sarah's elimination is certainly one of the contenders.

Whoa, easy tiger...I'm not quite sure what part of my post says you can't voice your opinions.In fact i love reading your posts.Your acerbic wit and knowledge of all things that is Next Top Model is...........:D

Anyway, while you're in your lair,eating your breakfast,sucking your lemons and sticking pins into your Saleisha dolls. I'm going to be watching cycle 10 and wondering how ........... won it!!

I think by the end of cycle 10, i'll be joining you for breakfast in your lair and sticking pins into my own dolls of ........!!:D
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cycle 10 is my least favourite - I'll Sky Plus it and whizz thru the bits with Dominique!
    Forum Member
    I think the cycle 10 winner is superior to Scandaleisha, but overall the cycle is pretty poor. Maybe my least favourite one of all.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Cycle 10 is my least favourite - I'll Sky Plus it and whizz thru the bits with Dominique!

I gave up watching this one when it was on originally, but think it was to do with the girls reading the Tara Mail out!!!

I'm just watching the one with the Dominique & Whitney argument when Dom called Whitney a racist, but unless they have really editied loads out I couldn't understand why she called her it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dominique,what an ego.If anybody talks about themselves in the third person without being ironic they're seriously deluded.

The row with Whitney was ridiculous.Dominique made herself look like a prat.

If there was a case of racism,Tyra would of made sure it was shown and Whitney would of been booted out on her ass.

Regarding comparisons between cycle 9 & 10.Only Katarzyna, Anya & to a lesser extent Lauren,imo,could of made it pass the top 8 girls of cycle 9.

I missed Amis, i thought she was fun & spontaneous. She reminded me of Lisa - cycle 5, without the alcohol.She also looked like a softer version of her.

I felt sorry for Kim who walked out,in the 1st episode, at the judging panal, because of her conscience. I wish she could of said what was on her mind & not skipped around it. Because we've all felt that way. That the modelling industry can be superficial,vacuous and fake.
    Forum Member
    Fatima and Dominique were really quite unpleasant people, and Claire, Lauren and Whitney also showed some rather unpleasant sides to their character. Even though Lauren was my favourite of the cycle.
    Anya was nice, but it was like she had the brain of a small child, and Katazyna just looked bemused for most of the time.
    It was a shame Aimee had to leave so early, her pictures were really interesting.

Cycle 10 was actually a really strong cycle in terms of pictures and ability, but every girl seemed to have a major flaw or certain quality that meant that they shouldn't really be the winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima and Dominique were really quite unpleasant people, and Claire, Lauren and Whitney also showed some rather unpleasant sides to their character. Even though Lauren was my favourite of the cycle.
    Anya was nice, but it was like she had the brain of a small child, and Katazyna just looked bemused for most of the time.
    It was a shame Aimee had to leave so early, her pictures were really interesting.

Cycle 10 was actually a really strong cycle in terms of pictures and ability, but every girl seemed to have a major flaw or certain quality that meant that they shouldn't really be the winner.

My favourites were Anya, Lauren and Katarzyna. But in general, cycle 10 was very weak for me. One of my least favourites. Particularly because of the awful Dominique and Fatima.
    Forum Member
    Fatima stayed in way too long, some truly awful photos in her portfolio.

My favourites of the season were Anya and Katarzyna. It felt a bit like they had decided it was time for a 'plus size' model to do well, and nothing would stand in the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this evening really makes me realise I'd forgotten what an absolute sweetie Stacy Ann is. Didn't realise she'd booked the most jobs at the group go-sees.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee is certainly a very pretty girl,one of the prettiest girls to grace the Hallowed Halls of NTM.But as a model,Nah.She seemed incredibly limited.But to mitigate that,her background as a Mormon and her age at the time, probably curtailed her abilities.
    She's more suited to the one-dimensional cattle-market that are beauty contests.

We're halfway through this re-run and i can't see why i detested Whitney so much the first time around.

I thought she looked great in that flowery yellow patterned dress she wore for that designer. She seems to ooze confidence even after being discriminated against. Down,but not out,she went on to do a fantastic photo-shoot.

What am i missing about Whitney???
    What terrible,drastic thing did she do in a later episode for me to hate her???
  • blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm glad people are still annoyed about Saleisha winning. She came across OK in the shows (although I admit I didn't see every episode) but some of her pictures were awful and her haircut was just offensive.
    She just did not look anything like a model.
    Forum Member
    Appreciation for more Saleisha-bashing. ;)

During cycle 10, I actually ended up supporting Whitney because she was plus-sized and wasn't awkward about it.
    My favourite was Lauren though.

Fatima was stunning, and I liked some of her pictures, especially the profile one underwater. It was like an oil-painting. But what a snooty b*tch she is. lol