Forum Member
✭✭
Your opinions on him please!

Comments

• Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about him, I think he's a bit of a loose cannon, especially if he's drinking. But I'm looking forward to seeing him on Britain's Got Talent.
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good laugh, and seems to have a good heart (as portrayed in that Scott Mills documentary a few years back). I like him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about him, I think he's a bit of a loose cannon, especially if he's drinking. But I'm looking forward to seeing him on Britain's Got Talent.

He's taking Simon's place, so could be interesting! I saw him interviewed on Alan Carr the other week and I liked him. He seemed surprisingly self-depracating and he got Alan's sense of humour too. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good in his Knight Rider heyday. But he's a bit of an all round joke these days, with a face like an old handbag.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's taking Simon's place, so could be interesting! I saw him interviewed on Alan Carr the other week and I liked him. He seemed surprisingly self-depracating and he got Alan's sense of humour too. :)

Aw I like him, think he'll be great on BGT. He's a bit of a nutball, but there's something quite endearing about him. I think he knows he's a bit of a joke, and he seems quite happy to go along with that.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Aw I like him, think he'll be great on BGT. He's a bit of a nutball, but there's something quite endearing about him. I think he knows he's a bit of a joke, and he seems quite happy to go along with that.

I actually think the opposite, I think perhaps secretly he hates being a joke, hence the heavy drinking!:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tosser.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Is he okay in the head these days?
    I'm sure I read a story of him standing on a motorway bridge, waving at all the passing traffic for hours on end or something. He doesn't strike me as being all there?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously needs to sort himself out.

Seems to me he has had his 15 minutes of fame & is now on a downward spiral & just getting by on reliving his past glory days.

He's a man who is geting older & doesn't like it at all.

fame & youth are fleeting.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure how David will connect with the contestants ... what with him living in America. He seems like a great fella though judging by his warm approach to contestants.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcoholic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    Is he okay in the head these days?
    I'm sure I read a story of him standing on a motorway bridge, waving at all the passing traffic for hours on end or something. He doesn't strike me as being all there?

I think it's just the alcohol. I like him though and am looking forward to him on BGT. He was fun on AGT.
  • Options
    ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I actually think the opposite, I think perhaps secretly he hates being a joke, hence the heavy drinking!:(

Makes him $millions though doesnt it, so he cant be that stupid
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is something I find very unsettling about him, and I don't think it's just his drink problem.

Not looking forward to him being on Britian's Got Talent.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but feel embarrassed for him. His drinking seems to have completely destroyed any self awareness he had and he doesn't seem to realise we're definitely laughing at him, not with him
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I can't help but feel embarrassed for him. His drinking seems to have completely destroyed any self awareness he had and he doesn't seem to realise we're definitely laughing at him, not with him

It's sad when one of your childhood heroes has ended up like you've described :(
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I can't look at him these days without recalling that photo of him being wheeled across Heathrow airport in a luggage trolley, drunk as a skunk, with pee all down his jeans. He later blamed it on his medication. Yeah, right, David, the sort of medication that comes in a shot glass.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't stand him. The self driven 'The Hoff' label annoys me no end.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Washed up old has-been. Cannot stand him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Washed up old has-been. Cannot stand him.

He's not exactly a has-been when he's appearing on telly all the time! And I hope he gets help for his drinking problems.
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will always remember the video he got his poor young daughter to shoot, of him so very p*ssed that he was having problems sitting upright on the floor and trying to eat a burger.
    It was really awful, and I wonder how much damage his behaviour has done to his girls.