Options

100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the Greek was a dirty ole dog in his day.

Also let's not forget the rumours about him and his carriage driving partner/friend.

Bet the boss has had to put up with rather a lot in her lifetime. :(
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the Greek was a dirty ole dog in his day.

Also let's not forget the rumours about him and his carriage driving partner/friend.

Bet the boss has had to put up with rather a lot in her lifetime. :(

There are rumours that the father of Air miles Prince was not the man from Greece but her racing manager 😮😮 I really, really don't want to believe that though!
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Does that count? It's in the contract when you sign on for those kind of films. I thought the blind was more referring to just being out and about everyday.

The blind says they'll only next do promotion for when the Oscar film comes out, if it is Ree Dolly, THGs promotion begins before Joy, so just don't see how it fits. As someone said before not sure what the blind is about really, if they're an oscar-type actress then they probably don't court much publicity when not promoting films anyway.
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rumours that the father of Air miles Prince was not the man from Greece but her racing manager 😮😮 I really, really don't want to believe that though!

Why not?
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happyfiu wrote: »
    From Popbitch:Which Brit actor (currently starring in one of the BBC's acclaimed drama series) liked the make-up artist who spruced him up for a Channel 4 appearance so much that he went home with her in a cab after the show? A cab that was paid for by the Channel 4 production team who'd booked him. A cab which he left running on the meter outside, while he did the deed.

I read that and was trying to cross reference which C4 shows have had guests from a BBC acclaimed drama and the only ones I could think of were The League Of Gentlemen and Postman Pat both of which seemed unlikely. :confused:
  • Options
    tszujmetszujme Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that and was trying to cross reference which C4 shows have had guests from a BBC acclaimed drama and the only ones I could think of were The League Of Gentlemen and Postman Pat both of which seemed unlikely. :confused:
    The C4 appearance is probably a talk show. Who's been on Chatty Man or Paul O'Grady recently (thought it might not have been a recent appearance)?
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does that count? It's in the contract when you sign on for those kind of films. I thought the blind was more referring to just being out and about everyday.

Well Katniss has been photographed by the paps out and about this very week. So unless this person is never going to step outside their door until later in the year, no way would that work.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tszujme wrote: »
    The C4 appearance is probably a talk show. Who's been on Chatty Man or Paul O'Grady recently (thought it might not have been a recent appearance)?

Think POG show is on ITV.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member

I think it could be a landlord from a long running soap.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    dekaf wrote: »
    I think it could be a landlord from a long running soap.

Does that count as an acclaimed drama
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not?

Because I'd like to think there is one member of the screwed up family who didn't 'play the away game' 😉😉
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Does that count as an acclaimed drama

It's certainly won loads of awards over the years, and he strikes me as the type who would do that 😮
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it might be the guy who recently upset a far right group - he was in a recent BBC drama and is a panellist on a C4 comedy quiz. He has form for playing away and left one job presenting a showon the BBC last time he was caught out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'd like to think there is one member of the screwed up family who didn't 'play the away game' 😉😉

I wouldn't really blame her if she was treated badly by her husband.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't really blame her if she was treated badly by her husband.

I've read somewhere that she was going to leave him at one point, so the then government had to call an emergency meeting.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tszujme wrote: »

Paul O'Grady isn't a C4 show.

But you could be right about the C4 appearance being a chat show. It could be Chatty Man or possibly the one on a Sunday morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The blind says they'll only next do promotion for when the Oscar film comes out, if it is Ree Dolly, THGs promotion begins before Joy, so just don't see how it fits. As someone said before not sure what the blind is about really, if they're an oscar-type actress then they probably don't court much publicity when not promoting films anyway.

You want to court GOOD publicity not bad publicity if you are doing an Oscar campaign. How you dress, saying non-controversial things unless your movie is a bit controversial, not stumbling out of clubs, etc. Oscar voters tend to be older and while the acting will get you a nomination, you want to butter them up to vote in your favor. There's some outright winner like last year's Julianne Moore. She was the crowned winner and no matter what Felicity Jones or Rosamund Pike did, they weren't going to unseat Moore.

Redmayne, on the other hand, was the favorite along with Keaton. He campaigned hard for it. He was every where Oscar voters were at. So was Keaton but not to the extent as Redmayne.

Oscar voters could have seen Katniss' antics with the chopsticks and drawn moustaches as something quirky or stupid. However, she's already won an Oscar so she will get a pass so I don't think the blind is about her.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happyfiu wrote: »
    From Popbitch :
    Ber wrote: »
    I think it might be the guy who recently upset a far right group - he was in a recent BBC drama and is a panellist on a C4 comedy quiz. He has form for playing away and left one job presenting a showon the BBC last time he was caught out.

Well he has been on Sunday Brunch although not this year, but would he really be referred to as a Brit actor even though it is technically true?
  • Options
    dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultimatums wrote: »
    You want to court GOOD publicity not bad publicity if you are doing an Oscar campaign. How you dress, saying non-controversial things unless your movie is a bit controversial, not stumbling out of clubs, etc. Oscar voters tend to be older and while the acting will get you a nomination, you want to butter them up to vote in your favor. There's some outright winner like last year's Julianne Moore. She was the crowned winner and no matter what Felicity Jones or Rosamund Pike did, they weren't going to unseat Moore.

Redmayne, on the other hand, was the favorite along with Keaton. He campaigned hard for it. He was every where Oscar voters were at. So was Keaton but not to the extent as Redmayne.

Oscar voters could have seen Katniss' antics with the chopsticks and drawn moustaches as something quirky or stupid. However, she's already won an Oscar so she will get a pass so I don't think the blind is about her.

Plus I don't believe she's in an Oscar Bait film, looking at "Oscar contending" films out in Dec/Nov we
    have

Shailene Woodly (Snowden)
    Melissa Leo (Snowden)
    Cate Blanchett (Carol)
    Rooney Mara (Carol)
    Maggie Smith (Lady in the Van)
    Jane Fonda/Rachel Weiss (Youth)
    Elizabeth Olsen (I Saw the Light)
    Amber Heard (The Danish Girl)

Knowing how much Heard has been in the Blinds I'd take a guess at her
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    From BRAPPP:

"Karma's a bitch," was the simple reaction of this C-list actor when he heard the news of this A-list couple breaking-up.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From BRAPPP:

"Karma's a bitch," was the simple reaction of this C-list actor when he heard the news of this A-list couple breaking-up.

A-list couple breaking up?:confused:

Anyone care to give me a clue? :blush:

Please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A-list couple breaking up?:confused:

Anyone care to give me a clue? :blush:

Please.

I presumed this referred to the American chap who was in Armageddon, and met who became his wife on the set of Pearl Harbour ?

She left her then husband to be with the one she's divorcing now.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presumed this referred to the American chap who was in Armageddon, and met who became his wife on the set of Pearl Harbour ?

She left her then husband to be with the one she's divorcing now.

Idiot me. :blush:

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave2702 wrote: »
    Plus I don't believe she's in an Oscar Bait film, looking at "Oscar contending" films out in Dec/Nov we
    have

Shailene Woodly (Snowden)
    Melissa Leo (Snowden)
    Cate Blanchett (Carol)
    Rooney Mara (Carol)
    Maggie Smith (Lady in the Van)
    Jane Fonda/Rachel Weiss (Youth)
    Elizabeth Olsen (I Saw the Light)
    Amber Heard (The Danish Girl)

Knowing how much Heard has been in the Blinds I'd take a guess at her

As much as I don't even really understand the Blind "Joy" is about as Oscar-bait as you can get, based on a true story, director and actors always nominated, released in December when most of the films like to be released nowadays for Oscar.

I actually do think the Blind is meant to be about Katniss, but it makes no sense, for all the reasons mentioned before, she can't walk out the door without being photographed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given some of the non-entities who qualify as B-list, what exactly is a C-list actor? Someone from an agency?
This discussion has been closed.