The Master is NOT a woman

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    While I initially hoped Missy wouldn't be the Master (simply due to it being the more obvious fan theory at the start of the season), I'm down with a female Master.

I'm not sure if they anticipated this level of controversy, but I expect and hope that this is indeed The Master regenerated as a female Time Lord. I think The Doctor feeling the heartbeat was supposed to be a solid clue to the reveal, and not part of some ruse.

I guess we'll find out in not too long!
  • davros's chairdavros's chair Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I like Gomez' portrayal of the role. Seems to fit the character well. I just want more information though and hope we get more of an explanation for the change. Basically I want there to be something in the plot line that says why he became a woman. Also how, because he was out of regenerations last we saw.

Basically I'm down with the idea but personally feel it needs to be shown to have happened because it adds to the plot, rather than just for the sake of it. Without an explanation, to me it just feels like a bit of a stunt or a gimmick. Hopefully tonight will give us some of that.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I like Gomez' portrayal of the role. Seems to fit the character well. I just want more information though and hope we get more of an explanation for the change. Basically I want there to be something in the plot line that says why he became a woman. Also how, because he was out of regenerations last we saw.

We don't know that he had a new cycle like The Doctor now has

YANA was on 1 (as far as we know)
    Simm was on 2
    Missy is on 3 (as far as we know)
  • davros's chairdavros's chair Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    We don't know that he had a new cycle like The Doctor now has

YANA was on 1 (as far as we know)
    Simm was on 2
    Missy is on 3 (as far as we know)

True, but I thought it was either said or implied that Simm could no longer regenerate in the End of Time due to the botch up in his resurrection. All that energy kept bursting out.
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    Muppet should be sacked. I knew this would happen... >:(

Replying to myself because my first post was nonsense from a drunk. Michelle Gomez was brilliant tonight and I would be very happy to see her return as the Master, or Missy as we now know her. She was FANTASTIC, as Eccleston would say :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A week of speculation across the board comes down to asking questions that were never posed in the first place - love it :D
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    A week of speculation across the board comes down to asking questions that were never posed in the first place - love it :D

Especially as those questions were answered years ago anyway

Q) How/Why is The Mater a female now

A) Because Time Lords/Ladies can do that
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did The Master die in the graveyard, or did she teleport away?
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steve Moffatt said in the after-show that the Master never dies. He/she has been killed many times in the classic series but because of the nature of the show the Master can come back whenever required, a bit like Davros.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey Stephen - are you the one and same youtube reactor?

Have a look at Doctor Who Extra - like Moff said, the Master aways seemed to come back from certain death in the classic series before - a teleport would be a good get out for sure ... :)
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    Steve Moffatt said in the after-show that the Master never dies. He/she has been killed many times in the classic series but because of the nature of the show the Master can come back whenever required, a bit like Davros.

lol - you beat me to it :)
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

I thought the Brigadier/Cyberman destroyed her as the Doctor was hesitating ...?
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I thought the Brigadier/Cyberman destroyed her as the Doctor was hesitating ...?

It may have only looked like that but the flash could have been her telephoning and they only thought Cyber Brig has killed her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    OK so I was wrong, but aren't I a better writer than Moffat?
    If Missy had been the Masters tardis with the Master using miniturisation technology being revealed and Missy dematerialising at the end it would have been most satisfying.
    As it stands I think Michelle Gomez was geat with the role she was given I just wish she'd been the Rani or a new female timelord character without introducing the bugbear that most mle and female fans have as maintaining the Doctor as male. No need to tease and introduce this PC ness. It is not relevant and has not enhanced Moffats reputation with the fans. I hope ths is so poorly received that hey renege on this and explain it away by saying the Master stole a female body, something the Doctor would never do. As for Moffat, thanks for few decent ideas but as a show runner you court controversy too far to the detriment of the programme-who was the last showrunner to do that to that extent? Johnn Nathan Turner, and we all know how that ended dont we?