Michael Jackson what do you really think?

Comments

• bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.

That's one of the reasons I didn't post it because of guaranteed idiotic remarks like yours.
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    Okay okay. It's not that long just not sure I wanted to tell it.

M was up with the pilots. His entourage included bodyguards and a small boy. I didn't see anyone who looked like parents with him. Ok maybe that was innocent.

Our entourage included a little girl who was dressed boyishly in pants and hair up under a denim cap. M's bodyguard was politely asked if M would sign an autograph. Bodyguard came over, stared intently at little girl, then pulled her cap off, whereupon her long hair came tumbling down. Seeing that, the bodyguard curtly said, Michael doesn't give autographs, and walked away.

We were somewhat shocked. We traveled a lot and found people even famous ones, friendly and generous.

Saw the entourage later in a bookstore and the bodyguard glowered again.

Thanks.

It's always interesting to hear first-hand accounts of the 'great and the good' (and the ugly in this particular case).
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons I didn't post it because of idiotic remarks like yours.

You must have posted this while I was writing mine. Sorry, it was inevitable I suppose that there would be disbelief (unless the above poster was joking).

I only asked you because I was confident that you would give a factual account of your experience.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

It's always interesting to hear first-hand accounts of the 'great and the good' (and the ugly in this particular case).

Yeah, you couldn't make it up. It was so sexist I was tempted to call the encounter into a celebrity mag. Later the same little girl got lots of autographs, photo with JLo, Ben Affleck.

A really cute one from John Cleese. Her dad said "I have a little girl who is a fan of yours". And Cleese said, How little? :D

And proceeded to give a really nice memento.

Being of the New York City school of leaving celebrities alone, I would never ask for an autograph.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Would you say the same thing about Saville? Like it or not, Jackson past is dodgy. Jackson's loyal fans are in denial that he could be a peadophile.

He was found innocent in that court case that says it all
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He paid the parents off in the first trial. Says it all.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No he was found not guilty, which is not the same as innocent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He paid the parents off in the first trial. Says it all.

He didnt pay them off. Michael was always innocent
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was never found innocent though was he?
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Jordy Chandler got a huge settlement...
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want him to be innocent, doesn't mean he is. You refuse to accept that he could be guilty of being a child molester.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Jordy Chandler got a huge settlement...

I wonder how his life panned out? I think there was something weird about the whole MJ kiddy thing.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    I wonder how his life panned out? I think there was something weird about the whole MJ kiddy thing.

I think he became a recluse...

His father died at a young age as well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I think he became a recluse...

His father died at a young age as well...

Oh that is sad. :(
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I used to be a huge fan when the J5 first hit the scenes. I had all their L.P's and Michael's solo ones too, but I think he's was actually just your typical, predatory, scheming paedophile. Only difference was he had huge amounts of money, fame, and a carefully constructed 'personality' that would enable him to achieve this. Which he did for years.

The parent's, in my opinion, took the money because they knew they wouldn't stand a chance against the best lawyers that he could afford. Better something, than nothing I guess. This is exactly was happened when he was finally charged.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a nonce pure and simple.

But his vast wealth, top lawyers and celebrity status protected him from justice.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,857
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I said suffered emotional abuse, take into consideration the fact the children would have had the media attention and court to deal with as well, do you not think that would have affected the kids emotionally?

All of which the children wouldn't have had to go through if MJ never slept with them in the first place, he said he cared about the children, well if that was the case then he would have thought about the consequences especially after been told what he was doing was wrong. The fact he didn't showed MJ only really caring about himself and nobody else, and yet people defend this vile man.

One thing is for sure, with him no longer around at least children around the world are a little safer.

I'm not sure any children apart from those that made the allegations (2) did have to go to any court proceedings. Jackson had a lot of visitors to his ranch from probably the early to mid 80's onwards so by the time the first allegations were made around 1993, a lot of the children would have been grown up and had they been abused would have come forward in some cases at least??

I'm sure a lot of the parents said at the time of the cases that they knew about all of this and were ok with it. I'm not saying that I'm ok with that but its what I remember they said, I'm sure some parents came forward during the second case.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I'm not sure any children apart from those that made the allegations (2) did have to go to any court proceedings. Jackson had a lot of visitors to his ranch from probably the early to mid 80's onwards so by the time the first allegations were made around 1993, a lot of the children would have been grown up and had they been abused would have come forward in some cases at least??

I'm sure a lot of the parents said at the time of the cases that they knew about all of this and were ok with it. I'm not saying that I'm ok with that but its what I remember they said, I'm sure some parents came forward during the second case.

The second one did go to court. His time on the stand was widely reported at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF2xN4dJdgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FS9U83HJKk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    He was never found innocent though was he?

It was a not gulity verdict
    You want him to be innocent, doesn't mean he is. You refuse to accept that he could be guilty of being a child molester.

He was found not gulity in that trial that says it all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    If I was the judge in the next 1970ss/1980s BBC personality victim of the current newspaper led witch hunt (They just make up these claims of another' five hundred victims [suddenly] coming forwards). I'd instruct the jury to ignore what they read in the news papers and consider the question, why have these allegations come to light now? and base the verdict on the evidence presented.
    Forum Member
    jclock66 wrote: »
    I I too quite like some of Glitter's songs. I don't feel bad for liking them now either. /QUOTE]

Me neither and why should I feel guilty for liking Leader of The Gang, Rock And Roll Part 2 and Johnathan King's version of Una Paloma Blanca?

At least MJs accusers had the decency to come forwards while he was still alive and still a big seller instead of waiting until he was dead or washed up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    If I was the judge in the next 1970ss/1980s BBC personality victim of the current newspaper led witch hunt (They just make up these claims of another' five hundred victims [suddenly] coming forwards). I'd instruct the jury to ignore what they read in the news papers and consider the question, why have these allegations come to light now? and base the verdict on the evidence presented.

If only they could make it so that trials, like have to work that way! Wait...
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ fan yes.

MJ a weird person, yes.

MJ never allowed to grow up, yes.

MJ surrounded by yes men, yes.

Sharing his bed with children, yes.

A paedophile, no.

(I'm entitled to my opinion as are those that believe he was a nonce.)

Totally agree with this.

I will always say (& what confirms it was all lies to me) that any parent who drops the charges of someone who is supposed to be a paedo for ANY sum of cash is a liar. Any decent parent would want full justice, not cash for the supposed damage done.
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    I'm not convinced of his musical genius but unlike other dead celebs there haven't been a string of victims coming forth to demand compo from his estate for ruining their lives.

The newspapers'll find somebody or a still living BBC personality's career to wreck soon.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    The newspapers'll find somebody or a still living BBC personality's career to wreck soon.
    They've had over four years already in Wacko's case.