Christmas episode with S9 boxset or more mind games?

LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
Forum Member
✭✭
As fans who purchase complete boxsets rather than individual releases, we've been in the dark recently. Not knowing if Series 7 will be a complete boxset, as well as unsure if there will be a 50th anniversary boxset.

I'm assuming that this years Christmas special will be on the series 9 boxset like previous series have included.. Is there a chance series 8 will be re released next year to include the xmas special? Or am I safe to buy the boxset in a few weeks and not worry about missing out on owning an episode?

Comments

• Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As fans who purchase complete boxsets rather than individual releases, we've been in the dark recently. Not knowing if Series 7 will be a complete boxset, as well as unsure if there will be a 50th anniversary boxset.

I'm assuming that this years Christmas special will be on the series 9 boxset like previous series have included.. Is there a chance series 8 will be re released next year to include the xmas special? Or am I safe to buy the boxset in a few weeks and not worry about missing out on owning an episode?

Might be worth waiting until after Christmas to see if the Beeb announce anything. But its likely that the Xmas special will be in the Series 9 Boxset
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christmas special will definitely be released on its own probably in January. Who knows if it will be on the season 9 set though? Its likely but not guaranteed.
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Christmas special will definitely be released on its own probably in January. Who knows if it will be on the season 9 set though? Its likely but not guaranteed.

I remember there was some debate about Doctor Widow and the Warbdrobe being included on series 7 and it eventually was, so the same will surely happen with series 9