Person Of Interest Season 5 (US Pace)

12346»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A once great show goes out on a whimper and a platitude.

I'll keep seasons 1 to 3 in memory and treat 4 and 5 as an alternative ending.
    If someone remembers you then you don't really die, is meaningless rubbish.
    I blame budget constraints for the poor ending. BTW Obviously can't have Terminator 3 style FX in a TV show
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I think that Season 3 was the best and could happily forget most of 4 and 5, I thought the finale was decent enough.

A few clunky bits but emotionally satisfying.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest (pardon the pun :)), do you guys actually stay up to watch it "live" online?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up at 5.30 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough :). That's some dedication right there.

I've got it set to auto download as soon as my system spots it online so at least i can watch it later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    Whilst I think that Season 3 was the best and could happily forget most of 4 and 5, I thought the finale was decent enough.

A few clunky bits but emotionally satisfying.

Just actually watched it myself and I'd tend to agree. A good sense of finality, but also the satisfaction of seeing that Shaw will likely carry on the work.

Not brilliant overally, but certainly good enough for me.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A once great show goes out on a whimper and a platitude.

I'll keep seasons 1 to 3 in memory and treat 4 and 5 as an alternative ending.
    If someone remembers you then you don't really die, is meaningless rubbish.
    I blame budget constraints for the poor ending. BTW Obviously can't have Terminator 3 style FX in a TV show

Yep, that stuff about dying was pretty guff. In fact POI isn't the first show to express this. It tends to smell of the kind bogus meanngless writing writers often resort to when they want to leave a lasting poignant mark on their work.

And yep, budgetary restraint was pretty obvious from the get go re: the beginning of this season.

It was an alright damp squibish finale for me: OK - there wasn't much there for me to make a fuss over, moan over or rave over; it didn't quite work for me.

Bye POI:( I loved the concept o your story, and adored your seasons 1-3 and a few rare bits of season 4. I thought you deserved a much better send-off if you had the budget to do what I felt you had the potential to do.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what I thought of that.
    Glad Harry got his happy ending. Sad John didn't but he went out as you'd expect. I'm sure the renewed machine will tell Shaw Harry is still alive. I'm glad Fusco & Shaw remain

Still think they missed an opportunity with not bringing Control back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On reflection they probably made a better job of the finale than a lot of good shows have done.

It was, as a previous poster said, the sense of family that put the thing at the higher end for me finale wise.

So long team !!!
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad the show is gone, eve sadder with Reese dying.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Going out with a cruise missile no less :cool:
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

I read an interview with the show creators a while back when Shaw was 'killed' (IE when SS went on maternity). And he said had that not have happened he would have had to have an square conversation with Jim Caviezel. I took that to mean he wanted to kill someone off and SS's maternity needs changed that from John to Sameen.

Of course we know Shaw didn't stay dead for long and we obviously have no idea What the story would have been had SS not have gotten pregnant. But I'm glad it worked out as it did and we got Reese and Harold to the final. Together.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phenomenal end to an incredible series. Beautifully written, acted and directed and it nailed the landing for every character.

In a lot of ways, POI has been a series of two halves, the first focused on the corruption and manipulation by actual people (Human Resources), the latter dealing with control through manipulation by Samaritan.

I've loved it all, but the latter years that will always be my own personal preference. More Root, more Shaw, the completion of Fusco's redemption, the greater threat, all made for probably the best TV show of the last ten years. Even those early 'basic' number-of-week episodes rarely failed to entertain, wand when it really hit it's stride, it became something very special indeed.

Sad to see it go. But happy to see it go out in the most perfect way.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come it was pitch black when Harold was in Times Square but less than 18 minutes later when he as on the roof it was broad daylight?
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who'd have thought the random show I decided to watch when bored one night, which started off quite mundanely in all honesty, would turn out to be so good. Shame how it ended with all the network nonsense, but they say shows go downhill after the 5th season, so maybe it was for the best.

Highlight of the series for me will always be that trilogy of episodes ending in The Devil's Share.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    How come it was pitch black when Harold was in Times Square but less than 18 minutes later when he as on the roof it was broad daylight?

Because it was the Machine's perspective we were seeing?

Aside from the bog standard guff about death, it was a fine ending to a great series. One that left enough intact for us to assume and resume in our minds eye.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the ending some bits were a touch clunky but overall the ending was spot one.

Favourite episode of the series overall. I would have to go with season 1 and the introduction of Elias. That's where it changed from something that was pretty run of the mill really to something special.

Can't wait for cold winter nights now so I can binge watch from start to finish
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would have topped of the final episode for me, would have been if they had played 'Together in Electric Dreams' at the end.
  • Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I was happy overall with the finale...at the end of the day they got to put a finale together, so many shows get cancelled without a proper ending these days!

Only thing i was a bit confused by, how/why was Fusco allowed to still be a policeman? At the start him and John got called in to the office then pretty much the whole dept were pointing their guns at them when they walked out (that was really odd...didn't quiet get how/why that worked out the way it did).

So Fusco goes to hospital with his stab wounds, heals up and goes back to the office and carries on?!

Other than that a fairly satisfying finale.
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I'm not sure what I thought of that.

Still think they missed an opportunity with not bringing Control back.

Agreed I was hoping we'd find out what happened to her after season 4 finale.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Emerson is such a great actor.