Options

Summer Sport : Schedule Changes

Comments

• Options
    benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Blooming sports. If people love them that much then should be actively participating rather than sitting on their backsides. How are us drama lovers going to get our fix now? There should be a dedicated sports channel rather than them moving our favourite program. Plus EE gets higher ratings anyway!!!!! ;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So just to remind everyone, I'm sure everyone knows, EE as normal this week, Corrie at 9pm tonight until Thursday (no Friday episode) and Emmerdale as usual minus the second (8pm) Thursday episode.
    When the schedules for the week commencing the 6th June are confirmed, the mods are going to add it to the original post so that it's easy for everyone to see as soon as they click on the thread.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blooming sports. If people love them that much then should be actively participating rather than sitting on their backsides. How are us drama lovers going to get our fix now? There should be a dedicated sports channel rather than them moving our favourite program. Plus EE gets higher ratings anyway!!!!! ;)

now now mr S, there are dedicated channels that are pay tv!

people deserve free sport too.

EE doesn't always get higher ratings fyi.

Like with FA cup it gettings higher ratings over a longer period of time and so for that night the beeb get a bigger audience share

I am looking forwards to the summer of sport
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    I'm a big sports fan but since getting with my girlfriend I've had no major issue watching Emmerdale or Corrie. All I hope is that people remember that the schedule has to cater for everyone, and that programmes that are dropped will all be aired at some point in the future, it's not like they'll never be broadcast. I also hope nobody says "it should be on a sports channel" because my response to that is always "why not have a soaps channel". Certainly doesn't require people to be stupid about the situation or act like the world and the tv schedule revolves around them (regardless of whether they like soaps, sport, both or none)

Either way I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for my girlfriend's benefit if nothing else, and I think having it pinned is a great idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member

• Options
    Forum Member
    Ben96 wrote: »
    Here we are folks, confirmed schedules for Sunday 5 June - Friday 10 June.

Note: Football (Euro 2016) begins on the Friday of this week, so not many changes during this week, but from next week (commencing Sunday 12 June) is when the proper changes kick in.

MON 6 JUNE
    No Changes

TUE 7 JUNE
    No Changes

WED 8 JUNE
    No Changes

THU 9 JUNE

ED (7:00pm - 8:00pm, 1 Hour, Instead of two 30 minute episodes)
    EE (7:30pm - 8:00pm, Clashes with ED)

FRI 10 JUNE
    Note: Euro 2016 starts
    ED (6:45pm - 7:15pm)
    NO CS
    EE (8:00pm - 8:30pm, As Normal)

Mods, can we move this to the original post please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mods, can we move this to the original post please?

Thanks :) Week commencing 6th June is now joined to the original post guys :D
  • Options
    skells22skells22 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the added issue of the flipping tennis on BBC during the last part of the Euro which might cause BBC major headaches if Murray gets to the final
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skells22 wrote: »
    and the added issue of the flipping tennis on BBC during the last part of the Euro which might cause BBC major headaches if Murray gets to the final

given his current form that is very possible but less games at that end of the Euros so should be manageable
  • Options
    Ste_Murray1Ste_Murray1 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I think you will fond its Emmerdale CLASHING with EastEnders, EE is on at it's normal times and ED are clashing with their hour episodes
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    W/C 12 June
    Sunday 12 June - 7pm Emmerdale 7.30 Coronation Street
    Monday 13 June 7pm EmmerDale 7.30 Coronation Street 8.30 Coronation Street
    Tuesday 14 June 7pm EastEnders 8.00pm Coronation street (hour long episode)
    Wednesday 15 June - no soaps schedule
    Thursday 16 June - 7.30pm EastEnders
    Friday 17 June - 7pm Emmerdale 8pm EastEnders
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marke09 wrote: »
    W/C 12 June

I am going to have to go out on the 15th! no soaps at all? will Hollyoaks be on at least :o

England play wales at 2pm on thirs 16th, so limited soaps is good everyone will be too drink to care :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I am going to have to go out on the 15th! no soaps at all? will Hollyoaks be on at least :o

England play wales at 2pm on thirs 16th, so limited soaps is good everyone will be too drink to care :D

ITV have two games after the England V Wales match

Hollyoaks will be unaffected
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV have two games after the England V Wales match

Hollyoaks will be unaffected

oh yes duh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    W/C 12 June

Thanks marke09 :) No changes from the provisional schedules then. Really weird scheduling from ITV, 1 Hour of corrie on Monday (as normal) but again on Tuesday? Five Episodes shoved into thee days, but the best soap Emmerdale just has 3 of it's usual six for the whole week >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Week : Sunday 12 June - Friday 17 June

Lots of changes this week. This will be attached to the original post so that it's easy access.

Sunday 12 June

7:00pm ED
    7:30pm CS

Monday 13 June

7:00pm ED
    7:30pm & 8:30pm CS
    NO EE

Tuesday 14 June
    7:00pm EE (30 Minutes)
    8:00pm CS (1 Hour)
    NO ED

Wednesday 15 June
    No Soaps

Thursday 16 June
    7:30pm EE
    NO ED

Friday 17 June
    7:00pm ED (30 Minutes)
    8:00pm EE
    NO CS
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm away that week not so much to catch up on.:)
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheeky sod!! But I love both sports and EE and I'm even getting back into Emmerdale :D

But I do agree that dedicated sports channels are best, I wish the BBC would do one but then as they are losing all their sports action due to lack of funding it wouldn't make much difference in a few years time :kitty:
  • Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W/C 12 June

Emmerdale is three episodes behind after this week (should have gone for the hour on Sunday and Monday, plus a 7:30 Tues ep).

Corrie is one episode behind after this week (there was an extra Thurs ep a few weeks back). Why no Wed ep? (even at 7pm)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale is three episodes behind after this week (should have gone for the hour on Sunday and Monday, plus a 7:30 Tues ep).

Corrie is one episode behind after this week (there was an extra Thurs ep a few weeks back). Why no Wed ep? (even at 7pm)

BIB 1: I agree, just three of the usual six episodes for Emmerdale, but Corrie has the usual five crammed into three days? >:( As usual ITV prioritizing Corrie over Emmerdale.

BIB 2: They couldn't ITV are showing the 5pm & 8pm games on the Wednesday, and they have to get the evening news into the schedule too.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why no Wed ep? (even at 7pm)

ITV have 2 games back to back on that day and have to fit the news in between so there's no room for any soaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also no Doctors after Fri 10th June for three months break.

For week of 11th - 17th June, what day and time is Casualty and Holby City on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also no Doctors after Fri 10th June for three months break.

For week of 11th - 17th June, what day and time is Casualty and Holby City on?

Casualty is on Saturday 11 June as normal, airing at 9:25pm. I can't see where HC is though, It's not airing on it's usual day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casualty is on Saturday 11 June as normal, airing at 9:25pm. I can't see where HC is though, It's not airing on it's usual day.

Holby City is on Thursday 16th at 8pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holby City is on Thursday 16th at 8pm

Thanks to you both