Boomerang game rentals

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
Forum Member
With the recent announcement that lovefilm have stopped offering game rentals, a lot of people said they were cancelling and joining boomerang instead.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had joined up could advise on their service. im considering joining as i miss getting games through the post, so any info would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will get back to you on that one. ;)
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've used them for 2 years now never had a problem with them. They always post a new game out (depending on your package) the same day they recieve the game back from you , unless you decide to buy the game of them then they'll send you the case etc then another rental.
    They do a point system too now so say for instance they're late sending you a game , you buy the game etc they will award you with points. When you get enough points you'll get a month free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    I've used them for 2 years now never had a problem with them. They always post a new game out (depending on your package) the same day they recieve the game back from you , unless you decide to buy the game of them then they'll send you the case etc then another rental.
    They do a point system too now so say for instance they're late sending you a game , you buy the game etc they will award you with points. When you get enough points you'll get a month free.

thanks for the info. that points system sounds pretty good, im gonna take a good look into it. i'm pretty sure ill be signing up
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are excellent amazing greatest customer service I've ever seen. Defo worth it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    They are excellent amazing greatest customer service I've ever seen. Defo worth it.

high praise indeed!! thank you. they're definitely sounding like the way forward for me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Anyone not had a game sent out when it's in a green dispatch?? I'v been waiting for 5 days now and nothing to confirm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of game, new or old?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I used them to get The Last of Us. Quite close to the release on the Value2 option. It had only been out for a few weeks and it was sent out two days after account creation in time for the weekend. Absolutely brilliant.

Will be using them for next gen. :D
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used them for 2 months,then switched to Blockbuster when they started the unlimited Store Swaps on the By Post service
    Forum Member
    i used them for 2 months,then switched to Blockbuster when they started the unlimited Store Swaps on the By Post service

They sent you actual games? Joined Blockbuster but when Lovefilm stopped renting games and everyone flooded to Blockbuster the service went downhill for me. They never even sent me any game discs out anymore just the odd movies 7 or 8 placed on my list.

But I'm glad others seem to be getting a service from them. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig_PS4 wrote: »
    They sent you actual games? Joined Blockbuster but when Lovefilm stopped renting games and everyone flooded to Blockbuster the service went downhill for me. They never even sent me any game discs out anymore just the odd movies 7 or 8 placed on my list.

But I'm glad others seem to be getting a service from them. :)

yep,i set it up so that i have distinct streams (PS3.XB360,Blu Ray)and instead of sending the games back by post i take them to the local store and do a store swap(anything in store except Top 10 Blu Ray's)i get to keep Games for 5 nights and Films for 3 nights
    Forum Member
    yep,i set it up so that i have distinct streams (PS3.XB360,Blu Ray)and instead of sending the games back by post i take them to the local store and do a store swap(anything in store except Top 10 Blu Ray's)i get to keep Games for 5 nights and Films for 3 nights

That's a good way of doing it. I would've done it that way but my store is the otherside of town.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig_PS4 wrote: »
    That's a good way of doing it. I would've done it that way but my store is the otherside of town.

its the other side of town here,but it means im never without something to play
    Forum Member
    its the other side of town here,but it means im never without something to play

Yeah, bus routes a pain in the ass here though. So will stick with Boomerang.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding the turnaround to be extremely slow. I have around 20 titles on my list, all of them except 1 is green and I have options to look at all of the games in my list. It took them 5 days (confirmed they received first game on Monday, dispatched second now). and Funnily, they sent a game that was in 4th position and it was the one game that had an orange waiting time...
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticing a similar situation here, returned a game that they confirmed arrived back with them on Tuesday, have about 15 games on my list and all are green but they still haven't sent anything out, might cancel down my account soon if this is the type of turnaround time.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed this too they seem to be going downhill just a few months ago it was a case of game arrives back at Boomerang the same day a new game is posted to you. My last game took 4 days before they sent it despite being in stock also they don't seem to be allocating points anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Finding the turnaround to be extremely slow. I have around 20 titles on my list, all of them except 1 is green and I have options to look at all of the games in my list. It took them 5 days (confirmed they received first game on Monday, dispatched second now). and Funnily, they sent a game that was in 4th position and it was the one game that had an orange waiting time...
    You are a new user then, as you mention 'first' and 'second' game?

When did you sign up, and how long did you have the first game?

The free trial is limited to 1 game a week, so if you speed-ran the first game and sent it back swiftly, then it is correct the second game took some time to arrive.
  • RADIOHEEDRADIOHEED Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I'm finding boomerang to be very very slow too. Lovefilm was much faster. Also everytime I log on to the website it tells me there is a problem with my debit card expiry date. I phoned the bloke up who runs boomerang and he told me it got sorted, but it has not.
    Is there any decent game rental services out there now that lovefilm has shot itself in the head?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boomerang and Blockbuster are the only alternatives.

Just give it time, both of those will have had a massive influx in customers, you have to be a bit realistic - especially with Boomerang as they're a smaller company.

Should improve over time as they get paying members and most capital for stock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Boomerang and Blockbuster are the only alternatives.

Just give it time, both of those will have had a massive influx in customers, you have to be a bit realistic - especially with Boomerang as they're a smaller company.

Should improve over time as they get paying members and most capital for stock.

Im finding them really good at the moment,using the store swap more or less means i always have at least one game i really want to play(had Saints Row 4 and Diablo 3 in the last few weeks)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of y'all ninjas attempt to get GTA V from them?
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on my rental list but don't hold out much hope i think it's luck more than anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it. Well, sent, at least. No postman love for me today.

First time I've tried to get a new release from them, quite impressed - used to take ages to get new releases from LOVEFiLM.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    New releases are usually good with Boomerang, granted you're on the right package. I've had new games sent to me before they've even been released in the shops themselves before.

Very good service and looks like easily the best in the UK market now, though they seem to be making a couple of changes to the lower end of the packages, so you maybe need to look at higher packages to stand more chance of getting the newer and more popular releases. Before you could get them on the lowest package (which I'm still on) but it seems slightly harder now, guessing they've had more customers come in and changed it up.