Options

Merlin Series 5 - discussion, speculation and spoilers (in tags!) (Part 2)

Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1649334
    moleymo wrote: »
    He actually gave a diplomatic answer :D
    for the show the bromance is more important for arthur he would do anything for gwen

[news]- 'Merlin' to end after series five
    - 'Merlin' final series: Colin Morgan, Anthony Head on show end
    - Poll: Is it the right time for 'Merlin' to end?[/news]

Comments

• Options
      SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wow, part 2! :)
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
      Forum Member
      ha! I thought ds support had banned me then (ships arwen) obviously :D
    • Options
      jllcjllc Posts: 882
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Feel a bit nervous about the next episode, truth be told. Hate the idea of Gwen being attacked by Morgana, and also turning "bad". Having said that, I'm sure Angel will be sensational in it.
    • Options
      lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
      Forum Member
      jllc wrote: »
      Feel a bit nervous about the next episode, truth be told. Hate the idea of Gwen being attacked by Morgana, and also turning "bad". Having said that, I'm sure Angel will be sensational in it.

Its pretty hellish treatment for Gwen and as for 'bad' we know Morgana's behind it so its ok. Im glad it gives Angel a different role to play :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Its pretty hellish treatment for Gwen and as for 'bad' we know Morgana's behind it so its ok. Im glad it gives Angel a different role to play :)

Yes I'm sure you are right, and I am actually looking forward to Angel having more of a role. Just hate that damned mandrake root. :(
    • Options
      NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wow, part 2! :)
      Is this just because it's felt that 135 pages is too long? :p

Had a moment of panic when I scrolled down and saw the Admin message, thought they had come to close it completely! :eek: :o
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
      Forum Member
      Yes I'm sure you are right, and I am actually looking forward to Angel having more of a role. Just hate that damned mandrake root. :(

me too! does it make a reappearance?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm really looking forward to it (not poor Gwen getting tortured, but Angel getting more to do and a story that will actually span more than one episode :))

You could see lots of them in the 'coming up..' bit, when Gwen's walking around looking scared with her hands over her ears. There are multiple mandrake roots hanging from the ceiling.

I will be interested to see how the root works on Gwen, given that Uther was haunted by the terrible things he'd done. Gwen hasn't done anything bad to be haunted by.
    • Options
      Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Deleted due to appalling grammar and a problem posting.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Part 2: about time too!

Smint, thanks for posting the links to the Cold Con videos. Which are you and Natarhi? Is one of you the lady in the red beret?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

It looks like it does.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Avi8 wrote: »
      Part 2: about time!

Smint, thanks for uploading the videos of Cold Con. Which are you and Natarhi? Are one of you the lady in the red beret?
      I'm across the aisle from the lady wearing the beret, with the curly dark hair and blue top (don't know why I'm telling you this :o) Smint is the nice blond hair black coat lady next to me. :)
    • Options
      claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I know Katie and Angel LOVE the upcoming story arc so very much looking forward to it. It's the most excited I've seen Angel about a Merlin plot in a long time!

Slightly disappointed that they made Gwen look a bit damsel-like what with all the trembling and screaming. I was hoping that with a stronger Queen Gwen now that we'd have a more charged and dramatic face off between her and her former friend. I hope they actually do play on the fact that these two used to love each other dearly and give the scenes between them layers.
    • Options
      CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      claire2281 wrote: »
      I know Katie and Angel LOVE the upcoming story arc so very much looking forward to it. It's the most excited I've seen Angel about a Merlin plot in a long time!

Slightly disappointed that they made Gwen look a bit damsel-like what with all the trembling and screaming. I was hoping that with a stronger Queen Gwen now that we'd have a more charged and dramatic face off between her and her former friend. I hope they actually do play on the fact that these two used to love each other dearly and give the scenes between them layers.

I'm seriously looking forward to next week's episode, it looks like a mad version of The Citadel of Chaos book by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson that I loved reading as a kid where you could choose which page to turn to next!
      About time Angel and Katie got something they can get their teeth into although I am sure I'll be weeping buckets given the events we know are to occur.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

To be fair Claire, that could be under the influence of the mandrake root. If you watch the beginning of the video, she is actually standing up to Morgana there. Also wasn't there a rumour that Morgana and Gwen had a fight at one stage?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

That would be amazing. The trembling and crying looked like it was after she was locked in the mandrake room to me, so maybe we will get some strong Queen Gwen before the magical torture kicks in. We can keep hoping for another week anyway. ;)

It's very promising that both Angel and Katie really like the storyline too. *crosses fingers in anticipation for a brilliant few episodes* :)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      To be fair Claire, that could be under the influence of the mandrake root. If you watch the beginning of the video, she is actually standing up to Morgana there. Also wasn't there a rumour that Morgana and Gwen had a fight at one stage?

Oh I do hope so! The trailer gave me mild reservations. I just hope they're not going to reduce Gwen to that for the whole episode. I want to see a proper strong confrontation between the two where they air their grievances. I want to see Gwen pity Morgana because she does see what she's been through even though she can't agree with her at all. I want to see Morgana have those moments of hesitation like she had before riding after Gwen last series or actually telling her was she sorry but she couldn't let her fulfil her destiny. Because when these characters are given those sorts of depths they get interesting!

*crosses fingers but doesn't expect it*
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Is it all Gwen and Morgana for the next 3 weeks then? If so, I shall be disappointed.
    • Options
      FimberFimber Posts: 304
      Forum Member
      Oh Fimber and here I was thinking we were having a good agreement day. So for that reason I will not respond to that, except to say that me and the poster your answering had actually sorted the matter so maybe your input wasn't needed.

Oh yes, it was because defending certain people and intimidating and telling off users here is totally one-sided. As I said before, Claire is a grown up woman and she is intelligent and obviously confident enough to speak up for herself. No need to make others feel bad because they disagree with some of her points.

Our agreement referred to the show, not to the fact that some users seem to have more privileges than others. I think we should just let people post here without making differences, shouldn't we?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Natarhi wrote: »
      I'm across the aisle from the lady wearing the beret, with the curly dark hair and blue top (don't know why I'm telling you this :o) Smint is the nice blond hair black coat lady next to me. :)

Thanks! I assure you you are not recognisable ;)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Is it all Gwen and Morgana for the next 3 weeks then? If so, I shall be disappointed.
      I very much doubt it will be. They like to keep Merlin and Arthur centre stage as much as possible. Also I believe that
      Gwen is only held captive for one week and then she's back in Camelot
      (spoiler very mild) so it shouldn't affect how much we see the others.

Thanks! I assure you you are not recognisable ;)
      That's why I owned up. ;) Plus I'm pretty sure Smint would have 'outed' us anyway. :p
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Tbh I'd LOVE that after all these years of the characters being neglected! But no, Arthur and Merlin are still playing their parts.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Surely we can have a bit of the girls, considering the first five have been strongly Arthur-Merlin? :)

The Morgana-Gwen story-lines kicks in from next week, I'd be amazed if there was still not plenty of Arthur and Merlin though.
    • Options
      SmintSmint Posts: 4,700
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Natarhi wrote: »
      I very much doubt it will be. They like to keep Merlin and Arthur centre stage as much as possible. Also I believe that
      Gwen is only held captive for one week and then she's back in Camelot
      (spoiler very mild) so it shouldn't affect how much we see the others.

That's why I owned up. ;) Plus I'm pretty sure Smint would have 'outed' us anyway. :p

Damned right I would :D

(mainly because I'm barely visible ;) )
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
      Forum Member
      I hope there is some Gwen and Morgana time. I want to know how Morgana managed to get herself captured for three years when she's that powerful. I want to know how she has a dragon. I want to know why she isn't hunting for emrys any more and doesn't seem scared of him.

I want to know why Morgana, a seer can't see her future.

i want to know why Gwen hasn't had any suspicions that Merlin has magic ( despite being saved when she was a deer, oh and knowing Merlin had a creature in his neck telling him to kill Arthur). I want to know why gwen asked merlin to look after arthur today and not one of the knights, considering merlin is just a servant and not a knight.

Most of all I want to know why Gwen and Arthur don't have any children.

And I want to see Gwen bitch slap Morgana. Because she deserves it.
    This discussion has been closed.