Shopping Channel task

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
Forum Member
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with the regular shopping channel task (assuming they can get a shopping channel to agree after some of the previous years' debacles!)

Could be interesting to see how the different contestants fare:

Raef - Obviously words are his tool etc but will his innate poshness alienate the QVC audience

Lee - Now that's what I'm talking about, back of the net, lick my face etc (actually one of the shopping channels does have an Alan Partridge impersonator so maybe he could do well)

Clair - Fits of giggles all the time, good job she wasn't in it last year with posh lad Simon!

Michael - Claims to be able to sell anything to anyone, can he complete the task without getting punched?

Helene - Personality free zone

Lucinda - Could this be beneath her?

Alex - Fails to find the studio.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well with the amount i would have thought they get paid, why would they not allow it?

i am looking forword to raef on it!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think they are having one of these this year.....:confused:
  • EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What week do they usually do this task on?
  • FirespireFirespire Posts: 4,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the fact that the shopping channel last year took vertally nothing in sales when they said the time slot usually generates thousands. Plus the channel must have had studio staff and call centre staff overheads to pay.
    I think think it would be hard to find a channel wanting to risk it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    EEfan24 wrote: »
    What week do they usually do this task on?

It's usually when there's 6 numpties left so I guess we'll find out tomorrow...
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kris wrote: »
    It's usually when there's 6 numpties left so I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

This task is not an annual event, and I don't think it's happening this year at all for the reasons outlined by Firespire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kris wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with the regular shopping channel task (assuming they can get a shopping channel to agree after some of the previous years' debacles!)

Could be interesting to see how the different contestants fare:

Raef - Obviously words are his tool etc but will his innate poshness alienate the QVC audience

Lee - Now that's what I'm talking about, back of the net, lick my face etc (actually one of the shopping channels does have an Alan Partridge impersonator so maybe he could do well)

Clair - Fits of giggles all the time, good job she wasn't in it last year with posh lad Simon!

Michael - Claims to be able to sell anything to anyone, can he complete the task without getting punched?

Helene - Personality free zone

Lucinda - Could this be beneath her?

Alex - Fails to find the studio.[/QUOTE]

:D But he gave it his all and had he found his way to the studio he would definately have taken the most sales there!! :p
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the best show of the series last year ... well one of the funniest. I do hope they are doing one this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although the shopping channel shown must have lost out in sales for the hour the apprentices were let loose, I'm sure that was more than made up for by the free advertising they were given to an audience of several million. I went to take a look just to see if they were as awful as they appeared and ended up buying a set of knives!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    The shopping channel task only appears on odd-numbered series (1 and 3 so far)
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elpaw wrote: »

I suppose they have to vary the tasks like that or candidates would know exactly what they would be expected to do :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Don't think they are having one of these this year.....:confused:

As per the other thread, the TV shopping tasks were in years 1 and 3.

This is an "off" year.

I used to work for the channel concerned and they haven't been near. So, unless they've switched to QVC...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katenutzs wrote: »
    It was the best show of the series last year ... well one of the funniest. I do hope they are doing one this year.

Yeh Sir Alan's face when Simon was demonstrating making the trampoline is a classic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What tasks are left for them to do in the coming weeks? They need to organise a big event but that is usually at the end and there is selling cars, anything else?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Yeh Sir Alan's face when Simon was demonstrating making the trampoline is a classic!

Nearly had a heart attack I was laughing so much during that :D

James Max in the wolf fleeces was hilarious as well :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    elpaw wrote: »

Ah...I never saw series 2, I assumed it was one of the regulars like the advertising one this week.

Before anyone flames me, if this wasn't in series 2 either I'm very sorry for my ignorance :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we thought it was bad that simon was holding the thing near his crotch last time
    this time we have michael

he'll probably be holding a bloody dildo and wangling it about on screen... becuase basically, he is thick as gold top milk