Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

Comments

• m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.78.......blah blah blah......seen it all before....iron chef.....stupid prog.....im getting old and grumpy
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The doors open and in comes Pipo the Clown.
    Now I know why they got rid of all the characters.
    To make room for this one.

One of the least exciting episodes so far.
    Not what I expected from finals week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m1pnk wrote: »
    and i wish they would stop saying "the best amateur cooks in australia"

Indeed, they're not even the best cooks of this series.
    The producers must do a re-think and ask themselves whether it's a good thing to eliminate the best cooks before the finals. They are in danger of putting ratings and concept over substance. It's what happened in series 3 of The Restaurant. :rolleyes:
    Until now they're on a winner, so they will stick to it I fear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.79..... well even a full time chef would struggle with this one....please remind the produces that this is finals week and i feel as though the show peaked early.......
  • telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more pink.It is very disappointing as the best chefs have clearly already left the competition we have 2 still in who were already booted out and a young man who nice as he is has been out of his depth since the early rounds.
    I actually couldn't care less who wins now and the best celebrity chefs have already been on so what can they come up with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that cake looked like it came straight of the set of Star Trek the Original Series.
    I would have liked George to have a go at it, but he wasn't even there.

It still doesn't feel like finals week to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.80.....mystery box challenge....im starting to repeat my self but i expect more in the last week.

this week has been such a letdown considerng the amount of money that is being made by the production crew....as one, if not the biggest thing to hit aussie tv there should be characters like ramsey.....or the old school french home guard on parade....... ok....lets get the kid out and jimmy as he should not be there and get this thing over and done with....... usa show starts on the 28th.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the Aussie Prime Minister's t.v. debate had to be brought foreward because it clashed with the final of Masterchef.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tried watching top chef didn't like any contestants though so wont bother :(
    watching masterchef aus it's quick and I really liked all the contestants just such a shame the way Callum seems to get such praise basically because he's young and Jimmy manages to cook curries so often :mad:( although he did do well with that cake wow) :eek:
    Claire starting to annoy me now too lol so i guess it's not too difficult to work out who I hope wins now,:D although all my real faves have already left:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.81.....ok, so jimmy is out on a trial where there should have been no mistakes at all.....the kid is next and that leaves it to the tiddly wink to win ?..... (the fem is just emotional baggage).... you think this lot cant cook......catch celebrity masterchef UK which starts tonight........ then you will see some non cooking.......and most are non celebs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched ep 80 en 81. Can't believe the boy is still in it.
    Obviuously there's something seriously wrong with the elimination process.

m1pnk I think you are right. Shogun is destined to win.
    In the last couple of weeks I warmed a bit to Claire, but lately she "gettin' on me wick" as a judge of another reality show would say. She's not the one to publicly show emotions, so she said. Well, she could have fooled me. And the award for best theatrics on a cookery show goes to...
    O, and she needs to stay away from the rouge, me mum says.

Also watched C MC. OMG that was dire. I only know Neil Stuke, who appears to be a decent cook, but the rest... Maybe the standards at OZ MC are not so bad as I thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.82.....nearly there....ok....how many times must they have to "crack on"......how many times can say "this could be my last"..........of course she needed a hand in the kitchen...she had 5 times more work than the others......where was the teamwork from them to help her ?......and dont you just know the kid is going to screw something up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quelle surpise!!
    It was my understanding the kitchen staff was only there to help plating up. Claire had a lot to do, but it was her own choice. Still I would have loved to see her in the finals.
    Just because the kid is not deserving.

I'm glad the Grand Finale is on sunday, because I'm going to the local race track again for the Truckstar Festval. The biggest truckers meeting in Europe.
    Not my cuppa tea, but it's for the club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.83....the fresh produce market takes me back a little way (i worked in new covent garden market for 20 years)......i got a feeling the kid will get crushed.......if he dont.....something is wrong.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.84.....the final ........ please ask them again how they are feeling....... so OTT with the thanks and what it means.....change of life.......yadda yadda yadda...... i must of enjoyed it though being on here for all this time......... thanks to my fellow posters........ pinky

USA starts next week ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To quote a song from my favourite quartet/quintet Thin Lizzy:

"Think I'll just fall to pieces
    If I don't find something else to do
    This sadness never ceases..."

Lucky for me MC USA starts soon and I've got an e-reader coming on tuesday. That will help the healing. :D

Anyway, it was a good finale and the kid redeemed himself.

m1pnk are you going to start a thread on MC USA?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i should think it would be the right thing to do breppo...... i can feel a no.1 comming on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not seen the final, as it's not up on the site I use yet
    thanks for keeping the thread going breppo and pink
    I loved this series and am pretty happy whatever the final outcome
    should see it in the morning :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bit of a bummer.... no MC usa been posted yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m1pnk wrote: »
    bit of a bummer.... no MC usa been posted yet

Same here.:mad:
    Not even the slow way.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its about the slow way.....just waiting for the other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at last.....gotya
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC us thread started.....
  • bandersist2008bandersist2008 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darent reallly read all of this thread - don't want to know the final winner yet... is anyone watching the re-runs of masterchef australia on Good Food channel..?. this is the first time I have watched it... and I think I am liking it more than the UK one...... apart from the two judges and the beautiful (!) host.... I love the tasks... the taste task for elimination is very interesting.....the cook offs are great too... shame about the continuity problems though ;)
  • Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this show. I'm only on episode 12 at the moment but it's as good as the last one, and the last one was better than our own version of Masterchef IMO.

Not as good as the US series Top Chef though, which is my personal favourite.