Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

Comments

• m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i just had 2 hours of the new zeland MS final.....a worthy winner and a great series.....make sure you catch it....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,011
    Forum Member
    m1pnk wrote: »
    well i just had 2 hours of the new zeland MS final.....a worthy winner and a great series.....make sure you catch it....

Havent followed that one! It only lasted 13 episodes? What's going on there???
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The New Zealand version started with less contestants.
    Out of over a thousand hopefuls they selected just 12 for the competition. Therefore no extra elemination rounds etc. to get to the final group. They went straight in. Also there were no Masterclasses.

Get your hands on it, it's great fun. I actually preferred it to the Oz version. Mainly because it was more concise. And far less weepy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so number 12 dun..... its the start of the week and you have to be inventive...... the series is starting to get into its stride now and you get to become familiar with the week ahead.
    Forum Member
    Upset with the bottom three. Some interesting candidates there because they aren't great but that's what makes the show interesting!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so if you wrap a roll of chicken in twenty sheets of of cling film do you think its going to cook ok in a water-bath ?
    Forum Member
    so if you wrap a roll of chicken in twenty sheets of of cling film do you think its going to cook ok in a water-bath ?

Oh god I have a feeling that's the sorta thing that "*sob* this chocolate mousse is gonna make me or break me *sob*" would do!!!

Acquiring this is going a lot longer than usual so will watch this tomorrow!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number 14....2 words....cock and up
    Forum Member
    number 14....2 words....cock and up

Your little musings make me exited about the next episode! Are you in Oz you seem to get these things quick enough!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love pastry, so ep 14 was a real treat. Despite the cocks and ups. The whole thing looked to me like some sort of deconstructed luxury Snickers bar.
    What surprised me was, that the judges didn't pick up the fact that the chef went wrong with the bottom layer. She was not happy with it. The judges should have noticed it.
    Next episode looks great fun.

monkeyking87 have you checked your pm's?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no. 15.....how to grab victory from the jaws of de-feet
    Forum Member
    I havent even seen this episode yet but know the result!

Damn facebook! Was the same for this weeks elimination as well!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have them on FB as well but turn a blind eye
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you have time after todays voting......try and catch "top chef masters"......you can see the pro's under pressure then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no 16......take on an italian at italian.....yea right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there was a lot, lot of disappointment when the lift doors opened. Can't blame them.
    Forum Member
    breppo wrote: »
    Well, there was a lot, lot of disappointment when the lift doors opened. Can't blame them.

Oh no!!!!!! This means the person I hate stays!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    Really not pleased with that result!

The irony of that person going out on that challenge is outstanding!!

Why do we always talk in code in this thread??? lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we will have to invent a secret handshake
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no!!!!!! This means the person I hate stays!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad::mad::mad:

Oops, I forgot the spoiler tags. Post did not show up and when it did it was too late to edit the post. I'm sorry for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we will have to invent a secret handshake

Yes, and some kind of headgear.
    A fez with an emu feather?

I think the ancestry of contestant Z was a disadvantage. Z stayed too much in his/her comfort zone because of that.
    Z played it too safe. The judges were looking for something extraordinary.
    Also far too much of ingredient X. I use half a tablespoon. More for colour than for flavour.
    Did you see the enormous amount of spaghetti Adele was straining at home? :eek:
    Forum Member
    breppo wrote: »
    Yes, and some kind of headgear.
    A fez with an emu feather?

I think the ancestry of contestant Z was a disadvantage. Z stayed too much in his/her comfort zone because of that.
    Z played it too safe. The judges were looking for something extraordinary.
    Also far too much of ingredient X. I use half a tablespoon. More for colour than for flavour.
    Did you see the enormous amount of spaghetti Adele was straining at home? :eek:

No worries about the spoiler it's my own fault for coming here having not seen the episode.

Completely agree with this post though ingredient X it enhances the flavor of ingredient Y but it's very overpowering when you use the whole bloody jar!

Ah contestant X I'll miss your moronic flaffing about!!!

P.S I was more surprised that contestant X dared do that dish when they had just been eliminated with it....obviously it's not all that good....:p

PPS I propose this for the secret handshake
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEgNO0Ayz3E
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    18 and 19 put to bed......now im a curry guy but did not find it to mmmmm........19 is better.....plenty of mmmmmmm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, plenty of mmmmmmmmm... in ep 19.
    Apart from Heston B's attempt at deconstructing Dish X, it was the weirdest looking X I've ever seen.
    I've been to the region where X supposedly originated, and I've eaten X there. Totally different from what I've seen in ep 19. Brandy? Weird. No whipped cream on the outside? Weird. Glaze on top? Weird.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.20.......never cooked pork b4.....pants on fire