The rumours have started for Season 14...

Comments

• fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tipi wrote: »
    Line up!http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dancing-stars-season-14-cast-jack-wagner-sherri/story?id=15803787#.T0zW13lkCcc

JACK WAGNER , MELLISA GILBERT, DONALD DRIVER, WILLIAM LEVY, SHERRI SHEPHERD, KATHERINE JENKINS, GAVIN DEGRAW, MARTINA NAVRATILOVA

Surprised to hear Katherin Jenkins is involved!

Thanks, Tipi.

Karina Smirnoff/Gavin DeGraw
    Cheryl Burke/William Levy
    Derek Hough/Maria Menounos.
    Maksim Chmerkovskiy/Melissa Gilbert
    Val Chmerkovskiy/Sherri Shepherd.
    Tristan McManus/Gladys Knight
    Mark Ballas/Katherine Jenkins
    Anna Trebunskya/Jack Wagner
    Kym Johnson/Jaleel White
    Tony Dovolani/Martina Navratilova
    Chelsie Hightower/Roshon Fegan
    Peta Murgatroyd/Donald Driver

Wish Tristan had got a young fittie :)
    Poor Katherine Jenkins :D

Just in case you don't know who they are (:D):
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-2012-gladys-knight-sherri-shepherd-gavin-degraw-and-more/2012/02/28/gIQApRhtfR_blog.html
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    Strong rumours - at least I think they're "strong" (from major US publication "TV Guide"):

Maks 6'2" and Melissa Gilbert, 47, Little House on Prairie actress, 5'3"

Almost a foot difference in height :eek:

And I will be very grumpy if there is no Tristan :mad:

ETA - just seen the other list, glad he's in it, but shame he hasn't got a younger partner.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And dare I say what a surprise = Mark & Derek have the two young females :rolleyes:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Some massive names there- and Sherri Shepherd is hilarious!

Very surprised to see Katherine Jenkins- was expecting her to pop up on ours.

Martina Navratilova also turned down Strictly this year.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I really like this cast - have only heard of Gavin, Gladys, Katherine and Martina but I'm still very happy about it :D
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I really like this cast - have only heard of Gavin, Gladys, Katherine and Martina but I'm still very happy about it :D

Yeah I've only heard of those 4, but them alone are enough to get me excited about it.
  • carriebebecarriebebe Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    im sure martina did strictly a couple of years ago and got put out the 1st week
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    carriebebe wrote: »

That was Martina Hingis.

Monica Seles also went out very early (1st too?) on DWTS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    carriebebe wrote: »

I think you're thinking of Martina Hingis (who did get put out the first week) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recognise 4 names too: Katherine, Martina, Gladys and Melissa (well, her younger, on-screen self :p). Quite a lot for DwtS :)
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1693298.php/Katherine-Jenkins-to-take-part-in-DWTS
    Katherine Jenkins, Jack Wagner and Melissa Gilbert are to take part in the next series of 'Dancing with the Stars'.

The Welsh opera singer, the 'Melrose Place' actor and the former 'Little House on the Prairie' star are among the stars in the line-up for the 14th season of the hit show.

They will be joined by the likes of tennis legend Martina Navratilova, 'The View' co-host Sherri Shepherd, and Jaleel White, who is best known as Steve Urkel from 'Family Matters'.

TV host Maria Menounos, Motown great Gladys Knight, Disney star Roshon Fegan, NFL champion Donald Driver, singer Gavin DeGraw and 'Telenovela' actor William Levy complete the line-up.

The contestants have already met their professional partners and last season's winner Karina Smirnoff - who won with war hero J.R. Martinez - has been paired with Gavin, while three-times winner Derek Hough is partnered with Maria.

Fan favourite Maksim Chmerkovskiy will teach Melissa her moves and his brother, Val Chmerkovskiy, will make his 'DWTS' debut with Sherri.

Two-time champ Mark Ballas will dance with Katherine and Cheryl Burker - who took Rob Kardashian all the way to the final on the last series - has got William.

The new season of 'Dancing with the Stars' will start on March 19.

I have requested Mods to merge this with the established thread "The rumours have already started".
  • St. StonesSt. Stones Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    LOVE this cast.

Gladys is a HUGE name!

Also, amazed that Katherine will be doing the show! Roshon, Jaleel, Martina are also great names :)

They are all famous for REASONS - not reality shows or famous for being famous.

And I think if they all try hard they could all actually dance, a huge rarity!
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    This is a much better line up than last seasons.
  • St. StonesSt. Stones Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    And I've heard of all but two - a record I think!
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Think that's a bad move on her part can't see her fans being thrilled about her doing DWTS rather than Strictly but she is very keen to crack the US market.

I agree with this. She will want to do better than her ex fiance, and he got to 3rd place [unless you're part of the Gethin was robbed conspiracy like me:D]

However, I cant wait to see how she gets on with Mark:eek:

I cant imagine how Martina will do :confused: tennis players dont have a great track record!

Cant wait for the series to start
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Video of Tom and Brook introducing the cast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9R3QjUaDg&feature=player_embedded

I love that Martina N turned up in her jeans and jumper :D (her face looking very 'fresh' - she must be using Lulu's magic cream. Impossible to tell the real ages of any of these women, in fact :rolleyes:)

Not much recognition from the audience when Katherine Jenkins was announced (she wasn't present).
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What !! No Kardassians what a shock:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hurrah!!!
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the video meeting partners. Tristan :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4GuuDLZb8&feature=related
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yippee:D

I'm delighted Tristan is back:o
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    So what are the odds on a UK broadcast now then, I wonder?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Here is the video meeting partners. Tristan :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4GuuDLZb8&feature=related

Thanks Lili - ":)" indeed, for Tristan

Maks about his partner "She's alright.." :eek:

Lovely Kym.

Mark...just :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed to see Mark back again.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look like Watch currently has room for it in the schedules - http://uktv.co.uk/network/listings currently cover up to almost the end of March
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    Doesn't look like Watch currently has room for it in the schedules - http://uktv.co.uk/network/listings currently cover up to almost the end of March

:eek::(