Leona Lewis Doesn't deserve to be dropped

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rickyjune wrote: »
    I like come alive way better than glassheart, if she can get her lower register worked out it could be a hit [but she still cling to that microphone:D]

Lol. But she didn't in Take A Bow, Forgive Me or Sweet Dreams and she is perfectly comfortable.
  • HelbrownHelbrown Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never could stand to hear her. If she stuck to the tune and stopped wailing like a banshee she might be more bearable. I would stick to modelling if I was her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be sad if she were dropped or even if she parted from SyCo. There has always been a very special relationship between Simon and Leona; he has never taken such care over an artist ever from introducing her to America to inviting her to his home for Christmas.

So I hope they can work this out.

I suspect they won't bother releasing any more singles from the album and perhaps she will release a new song in the New Year. I would suggest a Christmas album next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Neither Olly nor Leona's music is really my sort of thing, but as people Olly seems to be much more likeable. All I hear from Leona fans is that she's talented (which doesn't necessarily make anyone a star) and from most other people that she has no personality.

What has that got to do with music??
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a collaboration with a current artist could work for her without the pressure.
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Perform ? one tour in 6 years she should be reported to trading standards
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because my comments are the only ones in the thread about anything other than her music? People are discussing her personality, marketing, the way she performs, her chances of remaining signed, etc.

A popstar's career is rarely, if ever, just about their music - and its her career that is being discussed, all aspects of it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Helbrown wrote: »
    Never could stand to hear her. If she stuck to the tune and stopped wailing like a banshee she might be more bearable. I would stick to modelling if I was her.

I have to agree to be honest. It simply isn't necessary to go over the top with vocals for the sake of doing so. I would much rather listen to somebody just sing.

Personal opinion of course
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compare her to Rihanna. Who's more talented, vocally - Leona, of course. Who's on top of the world? Rihanna.

Who's done so much more with her image, her character, her personality, her music style, her collaborations, her tours, her chatshows, her live performances, her single and album releases over the last 6 years? Rihanna. Says it all really.

In fact Rihanna releases so much music she can afford to have several singles that flop per album because with her schedule she's bound to have a big banger to pull her back up.

Leona's a pop singer. I think her talent works against her because she feels she has to make all this real music. Does she want a pop career or does she want to make every song beautiful and brilliant and touching? She should make her mind up.

Also her debut and her status as a name ABSOLUTELY DWARFED Rihanna in 2006-early 2007. She just didnt build on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also her debut and her status as a name ABSOLUTELY DWARFED Rihanna in 2006-early 2007. She just didnt build on it.

THIS

but simon has learn from that mistake and making sure 1D is here there and everywhere come 2013 :cool:
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Compare her to Rihanna. Who's more talented, vocally - Leona, of course. Who's on top of the world? Rihanna.

Who's done so much more with her image, her character, her personality, her music style, her collaborations, her tours, her chatshows, her live performances, her single and album releases over the last 6 years? Rihanna. Says it all really.

In fact Rihanna releases so much music she can afford to have several singles that flop per album because with her schedule she's bound to have a big banger to pull her back up.

Leona's a pop singer. I think her talent works against her because she feels she has to make all this real music. Does she want a pop career or does she want to make every song beautiful and brilliant and touching? She should make her mind up.

Not really 2007 was rihanna's good girl gone bad era which was massive. Leona didn't release spirit in 2006. I'd say spirit in terms of album sales was about the same as gggb, however rihanna had more hit singles than Leona did.
    Forum Member
    Because my comments are the only ones in the thread about anything other than her music? People are discussing her personality, marketing, the way she performs, her chances of remaining signed, etc.

A popstar's career is rarely, if ever, just about their music - and its her career that is being discussed, all aspects of it.

That's what it is completely wrong about today's music business, it's not about the music any more but anything else.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if shes's dropped I'm sure another label will sign her .
    Her voice is amazing.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what it is completely wrong about today's music business, it's not about the music any more but anything else.

I agree, but that's how it is and it has to be taken into account. I don't know if its strictly a modern thing though, think of all those bands in the 60s that suddenly shot to fame because they cut their hair like the Beatles - not saying they weren't talented in their own right, but would they all have been signed without a similar look and sound?

Sorry for going off at a bit of a tangent there :o
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Leona would need to release an upbeat/uptempo as thats what is big in the charts now all that dance stuff. Glassheart should've been the first single and she could've put on a brilliant performance on x factor. So she needs to release a catchy or upbeat , uptempo song that is radio friendly just because thats what the charts are like now. She may want to sing ballads but they need to look at what type of songs are selling at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the label messed up in the spirit era and she has never really recovered form that. After bleeding love blew up syco got complacent and decided that Leona had made it. Instead of following it up with multiple good quality singles they didn't do much after that. They released better in time and half heartedly released I will be which should never have been a single. All the buzz and hype that was generated from bleeding love was never capitalized on. I think the label thought that people had fallen in love with Leona/her voice rather than bleeding love and therefore thought they could release any old rubbish and it would sell.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sassy duet with Alexandra Burke with lyrics alluding to how Simon Cowell screwed them over would be a worldwide smash.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I think the label messed up in the spirit era and she has never really recovered form that. After bleeding love blew up syco got complacent and decided that Leona had made it. Instead of following it up with multiple good quality singles they didn't do much after that. They released better in time and half heartedly released I will be which should never have been a single. All the buzz and hype that was generated from bleeding love was never capitalized on. I think the label thought that people had fallen in love with Leona/her voice rather than bleeding love and therefore thought they could release any old rubbish and it would sell.

This. Simon really did. Exactly true. People liked the song WW but not her as people did here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    The three biggest mistakes of Leona's career:

1) No tour after Spirit.

2) Happy being released as the lead single of Echo.

3) I See You (the Avatar theme song) not being released despite James Cameron's alleged wish for it to be a single.

*4) If Glassheart the song isn't released next year.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member
    Someone totally talentless like Olly Murs is still succesful although this guy can't sing. It is obvious that the music business is dead, people don't buy music any more but just show crap otherwise Olly Murs wouldn't have sold a single Cd.

Let's only buy music from people you like in future eh?:rolleyes:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member

It has got a lot to do with selling music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    I think Leona would need to release an upbeat/uptempo as thats what is big in the charts now all that dance stuff. Glassheart should've been the first single and she could've put on a brilliant performance on x factor. So she needs to release a catchy or upbeat , uptempo song that is radio friendly just because thats what the charts are like now. She may want to sing ballads but they need to look at what type of songs are selling at the moment.

A generic dance song is the LAST thing she should do. It would be, and be seen to be, desperate and cloying way of getting a hit. I actually don't know what she should do next and I think she may have painted herself in a corner somewhat, but she shouldn't do that. No.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    This. Simon really did. Exactly true. People liked the song WW but not her as people did here.

If that was the case she wouldn't have sold 8 million albums WW, she would have just sold 8 million copies of Bleeding Love.

You don't sell that many albums if people are not interested in you. There was nothing wrong with the Spirit era, it was the Echo era where things started going a little pear shaped. The single choices since then have been puzzling to say the least. They are not selecting the best songs to advertise the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that was the case she wouldn't have sold 8 million albums WW, she would have just sold 8 million copies of Bleeding Love.

You don't sell that many albums if people are not interested in you. There was nothing wrong with the Spirit era, it was the Echo era where things started going a little pear shaped. The single choices since then have been puzzling to say the least. They are not selecting the best songs to advertise the album.

They should have released more singles from spirit to solidify her success. Most people outside the UK know her as the girl who sang bleeding love. I think it was bleeding love and the hype of being the next Mariah/Whitney, being discovered on a talent show that caught peoples interest outside of the UK and Ireland. People were curious and bought spirit. I think she needed more singles world wide to solidify her success. Look at Katy Perry, gaga, Bruno Mars etc. They had huge first singles but followed it up with more hit singles. Even Adele didn't rest in her laurels after rolling in the deep. She kept going.
    Forum Member
    It has got a lot to do with selling music.

Music should only be bought for the music, any other reason is wrong and sad.