Marvel's The Avengers (26/04/2012)

Comments

• wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's quite a weird question but does to Disney intro with the castle start before the film or is it just the Marvel logo?

It would be quite weird seeing Walt Disney Pictures before a Marvel film!.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booked my ticket earlier, for Thursday night.

2D, as I hate 3D.

Late showing, as it's 18+ only so cuts down on the chance of little shits ruining it.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Booked my ticket earlier, for Thursday night.

2D, as I hate 3D.

Late showing, as it's 18+ only so cuts down on the chance of little shits ruining it.

I'm in agreement with you.

I refuse to watch a film in 3D unless I have no choice.

I'm glad this film is available in 2D.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's quite a weird question but does to Disney intro with the castle start before the film or is it just the Marvel logo?

It would be quite weird seeing Walt Disney Pictures before a Marvel film!.

I believe it will be the Disney intro. And controversially (for most fans) it will just say 'Disney' in front of the castle and not 'Walt Disney Pictures'. Some moron in Burbank thinks it looks better. :mad:
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it will be the Disney intro. And controversially (for most fans) it will just say 'Disney' in front of the castle and not 'Walt Disney Pictures'. Some moron in Burbank thinks it looks better. :mad:

Cheers, I thought Disney might make a new intro just for the Marvel films. I think some people might think they're in the wrong film by seeing the Castle! Some people don't know about the Disney/Marvel buy out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    My local Cineworld is ridiculous.

It currently only has 2D showings on Thursday, running up till 7pm. It has no time for 2D any other showing while 3D runs until 9.15 and has multiple days.

They better put some more 2D showings on.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    might wait till next week,let the weekend rush go
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    might wait till next week,let the weekend rush go

Exactly what I am doing. I will take my nephew and niece the week after as it won't be as full.
  • benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    i cant wait thursday cant come quick enough imax 3d for me
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It currently only has 2D showings on Thursday, running up till 7pm. It has no time for 2D any other showing while 3D runs until 9.15 and has multiple days.

they have 3 2D showings at my local Odeon, per day versus 7 3D showings

really does my head in, the way they try and ram the 3D down your throat by limiting the 2D showings

pre 3D the same cinema would have shown a big release like this over 2 screens multiple times in a day and now, 3D only gets this luxury

I only normally give a 3d film a go if it was shot in 3D and have a reason for wanting to see it, in 3d like say Avatar, or FD5( Titanic 1 year conversion being the exception)

but the 3D will probably be shite and Id rather see it in 2D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in agreement with you.

I refuse to watch a film in 3D unless I have no choice.

I'm glad this film is available in 2D.

I've booked at my local Vue.

Two 2D showings on Thursday, *five* 3D showings.

Friday onwards? Five 3D showings, *zero* 2D showings.

Pathetic :rolleyes:

I've gone for the 2nd 2D showing on Thursday, as it's a late show and therefore 18+ only.

I hate 3D.

EDIT:

I've just checked the listings for my local Cineworld. Better than Vue. Still more 3D showings (8+ per day), but it has 4 2D showings per day, rather than just 2 on Thursday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    really does my head in, the way they try and ram the 3D down your throat by limiting the 2D showings

I think it's more to do with them catering for which version will be most popular with the masses rather than them ramming it down our throats. At my local Cineworld, on the opening night for crappy Wrath of the Titans the 3D version was completely sold out, whereas the 2D showings weren't even half full (on smaller screens too). I know it's a bitch for people who want to see something in 2D, but they're just supplying the demand as it were.

And Matt D, that's VUE for you, the choice at my local one has been atrocious lately. When 'The Woman In Black' came out they only showed about 3 other films for about two weeks, packing the rest of their screens with TWIB (obviously it was a popular movie, but what about the people who want to see something else?).
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well CJ , I think, there are more and more, that are savvy to shite 3D post conversions than maybe you think, ( I think the cinema could have done a better job of splitting the preference)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For research like everyone else on here i've just checked the listings at my local Cineworld in Glasgow for The Avengers in 2D and 3D

Thursday preview showings:

The Avengers 3D - 15 showings that day. Yes, 15!!!!!!
    The Avengers 2D - 7 showings. Only 7 compared to 15?!

Absolutely pathetic!
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with them catering for which version will be most popular with the masses rather than them ramming it down our throats.

Total bollocks. It's being rammed down our throats plain and simple. I will never willingly watch any film in 3D. F*ck you studios!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeeez some people seem to go really over the top with their hatred for 3D, was this film actually filmed in 3D?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    How odd.

Cineworld have added loads more 2D showings.

I kinda hope my complaint led to it, but I doubt it. :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was this film actually filmed in 3D?

Nope.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just gone online to check the listings for when it's officially released on Friday.

So for Thursday preview showings:

The Avengers 3D - 15 showings that day.
    The Avengers 2D - 7 showings.

For Friday official release day:

The Avengers 3D - 19 showings that day. Unbelievable!
    The Avengers 2D - 9 showings. So that's 9 compared to 19!

Absolutely dreadful. Not being rammed down our throats? Yeah right!
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeeez some people seem to go really over the top with their hatred for 3D, was this film actually filmed in 3D?

It was converted,but Joss Whedon has said they went into the film knowing it was going to be a conversion

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00046372.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Just gone online to check the listings for when it's officially released on Friday.

So for Thursday preview showings:

The Avengers 3D - 15 showings that day.
    The Avengers 2D - 7 showings.

For Friday official release day:

The Avengers 3D - 19 showings that day. Unbelievable!
    The Avengers 2D - 9 showings. So that's 9 compared to 19!

Absolutely dreadful. Not being rammed down our throats? Yeah right!

I know you think i'm talking bollocks (:p) but i think it mostly is to do with the demand for the 3D version, my example with Wrath of the Titans a few posts up kinda proves that this is the case. I'm sure there is an element of the studios "ramming it down our throats" because they want the more expensive option to prevail, but it's not the only factor in why cinemas have more 3D showings. I guarantee that if i go to Cineworld on Friday night, all of the 3D showings will be sold out while the 2D showings will still be available.

Anyway, i really don't want to get into another 3D vs 2D discussion (it's been done to death in other threads, and neither side of the argument wins), so i'm going to leave it at that now.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My local VUE is just as bad. I will wait a few weeks before going and hopefully they will have more 2D showings. £13.85 for a film that wasn't shot in 3D is a disgrace.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm quite happy as the first Avengers screening in my local Cineworld is in 2D so I will be going to that one.Im so excited about this film especially after watching Thor and Captain America recently to build up to the Avengers.I just hope it lives up to the hype!
  • MarakaerMarakaer Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

Please check out a video that I've been working on since getting to go and see the new Avengers movie at the London press screening last Thursday.

It's my first ever video review and youtube vid so likes, comments and subscriptions will be very gratefully received!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cR7vIekZMw
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket booked for Imax for the 'morrow morn, being the first showing in Edinburgh!!! Apart from the obvious trailers I Have avoided all clips and stuff (mainly on this site) to not ruin it for myself. Can't wait :)
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just got back from the film. It was pretty good, I was worried about the screen time and how they would have all the characters in the one film (much like the too many Bad Guys in Superhero films) but they pulled it off pretty well. There is the build up which was done excellently and it didn't feel to drawn out.

There are quite a few funny moments, actual laugh out loud moments which is rare for me.

And the finale was pretty decent too.

I would say there were moments you could tell were put in for the 3D crowd (I went to see the 2D version) and also on the topic of 3D I am glad I opted for the 2D because there are quite a few dark scenes, visually I mean, and I think dark and 3D just doesn't work together.

Also there is a mid-credit scene so people should stay for that, but I waited 'til the very end and there isn't a post-credit scene, so for those who don't like staying through the credits can leave after the mid-credit scene :)

I don't think there is any spoilers to that post, so enjoy everyone :)