BRIT Awards 2011

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
Forum Member
✭✭
Still two months away. What are your predictions for nominees?

My guess for British Single:
Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
Plan B - She Said
Roll Deep - Good Times
Example - Kickstarts
Olly Murs - Please Don't Let Me Go
Alexandra Burke - Start Without You
Taio Cruz - Dynamite
Cheryl Cole - Promise This

Comments

• musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I think Plan B is gonna win Best Male, Best album or Best breakthrough act. While he hasn't made my ipod this year, i think he is the only decent new talent we have gotten this year.

Even though i got bored of her, i hope Eliza Doolittle wins best female. None of the focus has been on her compared to the hype Ellie and Marina had. Plus we have had a lack of actual good british females this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and for Outstanding Contribution to British Music, I think it will go to Manic Street Preachers.
    Forum Member
    Rihanna deserves best international female. Katy perry has already won it and Rihanna has missed out a few times.

I can see Katy perry winning best international album. If not, Rihanna's loud. There has been a lack of actual good american albums this year. Those two have been the lucky few to have been good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Tinie Tempah gets Best Male.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Tinie doesn't :/

Cant wait for it to be at the o2 though! I won't actually be embarrased when all the stars go to earls court and have to go through all the sh** Now they'll just land at city airport, or go down the river. Also, everything at the o2 is better, more is possible, and the acoustics are far superior.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
    Plan B - She Said
    Roll Deep - Good Times
    Example - Kickstarts
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite
    Cheryl Cole - Promise Thi
    s

What a poor year we've had! I like some of those songs but seeing them possibly being up for awards makes me sad.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Rihanna deserves best international female. Katy perry has already won it and Rihanna has missed out a few times.

I can see Katy perry winning best international album. If not, Rihanna's loud. There has been a lack of actual good american albums this year. Those two have been the lucky few to have been good.

Katy Perry is waay overrated, and I'm a fan. :/
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guessing The Brits will once again overlook classic British artists like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Deep Purple and Iron Maiden for 'Outstanding Contrubution' and give it to Cheryl Cole or someone equally undeserving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Guessing The Brits will once again overlook classic British artists like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Deep Purple and Iron Maiden for 'Outstanding Contrubution' and give it to Cheryl Cole or someone equally undeserving.

Nah, Cole's not been in the industry long enough. But I remember the Spice Girls taking that award after, like, 3 years doing music? :confused:
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, Cole's not been in the industry long enough. But I remember the Spice Girls taking that award after, like, 3 years doing music? :confused:

Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if they gave her one for her time with Girls Aloud, then as a solo artist, and her role as a judge.

Brit Awards have always been a joke. In fact all non-genre specific music industry awards are a joke, because they inevitably favour particular genres, artists or commercial successes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    The Wanted will surely get something :rolleyes: can't stand them.

Tinie Tempah should get something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott Will Win Best Female! Album 720k+ She's Loved.

Hop higher gets best single 8-)
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »

Of course future Dame Cheryl Cole will win. She has shown utter courage to millions of teenage girls that looking pretty, being labelled as the sweetheart and being on the top show in britain will bring you number 1 hits and platinum albums.

If that isn't outstanding contribution, then i truly do not know what is.

:rolleyes:
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott Will Win Best Female! Album 720k+ She's Loved.

Hop higher gets best single 8-)

Has it really sold that much?
    Forum Member
    Pixie won't be nominated. You can't be nominated two years in a row unless you have released a new album and she hasn't. Just a re boot of the first.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie flaming Williams will win something (he is the Lacey Turner of the Brits, after all)...most probably as part of Take That
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Has it really sold that much?

Indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turn it up is on around 720-735k i know that!
    very impressive
    a girl from no show has sold more than Leona Lewis Echo and Alexandra Burke overcome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
    Plan B - She Said
    Roll Deep - Good Times
    Example - Kickstarts
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite

Also:
    The Wanted - All Time Low
    Take That - The Flood ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if The Sats will get nominated for anything.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    What a shit year for British pop.

If Paloma Faith doesn't get a nomination, I'll be sending a Tiffany box to someone, á la Sharon O.;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    What a shit year for British pop.

If Paloma Faith doesn't get a nomination, I'll be sending a Tiffany box to someone, á la Sharon O.;):D

If Wagner released a single, it would be sooo different wouldn't it!!!!!!!:rolleyes::D
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
    Plan B - She Said
    Roll Deep - Good Times
    Example - Kickstarts
    Taio Cruz - Dynamite

Pisses me off how all the chavy pop gets nominated but not generally good rock music.

BTW Arcade Fire should win best band or Album.
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    If Wagner released a single, it would be sooo different wouldn't it!!!!!!!:rolleyes::D

Well, I did say BRITISH pop, and Wagner descended from Heaven, so your point is pretty dumb.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Pisses me off how all the chavy pop gets nominated but not generally good rock music.

BTW Arcade Fire should win best band or Album.

Are we related?:)

Because that second point was a great suggestion.:D