he silliest episode in the history of soap

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Philith was outstanding when Lamping gobshite Alfie

Yes I enjoyed that bit and there's more to come hopefully.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was so unrealistic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny - for all the wrong reasons
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    that was dreadful....not sure I've seen anything that bad since maybe Tanya burying Max alive, or Sean and Roxy in the icy lake

I love how it was broad daylight when Bianca said goodbye to Kat, yet completely dark by the time Alfie saw her at the airport. that's before we get into Bianca having enough money on her to just buy Alfie a ticket, him somehow having his passport on him, buying the ticket, and getting to the boarding gate in the time it took Kat to climb the steps of the plane, or any one of the several other nonsensical things that happened. it was scandalously bad.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philith was outstanding when Lamping gobshite Alfie

Oh yes, that bit was excellent :D

jsmith99 wrote: »
    Absolutely ludicrous episode. And if kat leaves the plane, the rest of the passengers will be thrilled when they have to deplane to identify their luggage, so they can take kat's off.

But ..... but ...... but .... THEY SHOULD THINK OF THE ROMANCE! :eek:

Someone was delaying my plane to Ibiza like that I'd be getting arrested for lamping him :D

SULLA wrote: »
    Yes I enjoyed that bit and there's more to come hopefully.

On thursday if I don't see Phil whacking Alfie all over the square then I shall be very displeased :mad: Ronnie, Billy and Lola can put the odd boot in if they like too. The more the merrier in fact.

Seriously though, what an absolute louse to do that to a girl on her wedding day. He could have called it off the night before FGS!

And I really, REALLY hate the way I think we're supposed to see Alfie a good guy here. You know, how he even signed the register (with the dramatic tear splashing :rolleyes:) and how he really didn't want to hurt Roxy but just couldn't help it, was going to go through with the marriage until Roxy finally woke up! Did he not think Roxy was worth more than THAT? Not Mrs Right but Mrs 'She'll Do'? :mad: And then we had Kat saying to him "you can't do this to Roxy!" just to show just how nice and rehabilitated SHE is now too :rolleyes:

Bleurgh. They deserve each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Axe EE !!!
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Axe EE !!!

No. :cool:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axe EE !!!

I pity the fool that makes such a melodramatic comment :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Axe EE !!!
    Axe? - it needs chopping into a billion pieces and fed to pigs. :D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume you missed the Snake and the Vicar episode.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axe EE !!!

:D LOL, no.

But they should: Sort it aught! (to coin a Mitchell phrase) and never, EVER let anything so unrealistic happen again. A little bit of unreality we can cope with, but they jumped the shark altogether with this episode. They had better pull it back to the realms of near reality sharpish.
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
    Forum Member
    Loved today's episode but I would because I adore Shane
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond awful, as if they would have allowed him through, then knocking on the plane door like he was knocking to enter someone's home. Hated it, what makes it more worse is Kat/Alfie renuinting :mad::yawn:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    It was chock-a-block full of things like you've written (which Oldnjaded outlined in her post). No wallet but he has his passport? Some bloke just hands over his moped? (which the ungrateful b@stard unceremoniously dumped and threw away his helmet :eek:) Without a doubt he'd have been arrested at the airport before he got anywhere near that plane the way he was going on. The stairs are pretty much taken away straight away when the door shuts anyway and it is never reopened for passengers! The security board the plane and play softly softly with him while he barks at them? Don't be bloody stupid EE! :mad: The sod's lucky he wasn't tazered! I could go on and on and on ....

Dear God. Suspending belief a little bit is one thing but this just took the p!ss :mad: Anyone who has travelled recently knows just how seriously they take airport security and I don't like having my intelligence insulted so they can have a bit of so-called 'romance' :rolleyes:

EE has really p!ssed me off tonight.

Well summed up! The only thing you failed to mention was the total non chalance of the other passengers. Not even a disgruntled look from any of them :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though, what an absolute louse to do that to a girl on her wedding day. He could have called it off the night before FGS!

Or weeks ago. Nay months ago.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how ludicrous it was. There's absolutely no way Alfie would have been allowed through the gate after boarding, there's no way they'd have let him run up the steps and bang on the door like that. Even more absurd that they'd have opened it, let him wander on and have a discussion with his wife!

Absolute drivel! And people say Eastenders is improving? They need to stop churning out tripe like this before than can happen.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D LOL, no.

But they should: Sort it aught! (to coin a Mitchell phrase) and never, EVER let anything so unrealistic happen again. A little bit of unreality we can cope with, but they jumped the shark altogether with this episode. They had better pull it back to the realms of near reality sharpish.

I only tend to tune in now for the 'big' eps and tbf, I thought it was quite well acted, (especially by Roxy), until that last 10 minutes or so.

It's a shame, because they could have still maintained the drama and romance by having Alfie get there just in the nick of time - in the terminal but before she went airside. That was when it all descended into farce and 'mugged off' the viewers. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axe? - it needs chopping into a billion pieces and fed to pigs. :D

It already has been and we're watching the end result. ;):D
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Alfie was going to leap off the back of that pick-up onto the moped rider a la Great Escape. Then climbing the steps and knocking on the plane door as it was about to take off...
    I'm just glad Alfie didn't go into the cockpit, take the controls and fly it back to Walford International Airport. Now that would have been unrealistic.:D

Quite simply the biggest drivel I've ever seen on TV. At least Dr. Who takes the piss out of itself. EE claims to be 'Drama'. :cool:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    True! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely rubbish
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    the silliest episode in the history of soap
    You'll think differently after a night's sleep.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Eastenders and always have from the very beginning ,but i have to agree with the OP this episode was absolutely shite ,and so many things that just wouldn't happen in real life it was beyond a farce
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically sulla didn't say it was the worst!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically sulla didn't say it was the worst!

Totally correct. I said it was the silliest.