Options

Lisa Reilly

Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I honestly, (cross my heart and hope to die) don't wish ill will on the woman.
Admittedly, I cannot abide her tweeness& OTT persona, but for the life of me I cannot fathom the love the judges seem to have for her.

Her performance on last nights show was risable, and YET the judges gushed about her performance, with added addendums of how her sparkly personality et all brings to the floor....wtf...I see none, and I mean none of that.

What am I not seeing. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree, Lisa is definitely in my top 5 most annoying Strictly contestants of all time and I wish someone would get a restraining order to keep her away from the show. During her time on the main show the judges overpraising and overmarking of her was seriously annoying, but I didn't have a huge problem with it last night. On the Christmas special everyone is 'wonderful' and 10s are thrown about for anything - having a go at someone's lumpen footwork etc. while they're dressed as Dorothy and the tin man might be seen as a bit of a Christmas downer :D
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan.

However we watched the Xmas special with the in-laws who were both cheering when she appeared. I saw the smiles on their faces, and while I don't get it, realise a lot of people do see the appeal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see any particular bias or favoritism, I just took it that it was the Xmas 'feel good' show, so all the contestants got praised to the hilt, all in the spirit of all round goodwill, wonderfulness and xmas cheer and all that.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree , but Craig seems to gush anout all these hopeless ones , Lisa , Alison , Russel etc. . Seems to be a theme running through his bias
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I agree , but Craig seems to gush anout all these hopeless ones , Lisa , Alison , Russel etc. . Seems to be a theme running through his bias

I'd interchange Russell with Anne Widdecombe. He seems to fetishise the bigger ladies with personality, and it grates a bit, honestly.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Lisa Reilly unbearable, so I turned off the sound and did something else while she was on. (I was fortunately unaware of her existence before she appeared in SCD.) I did the same for Russell too.

It may be interesting to see what happens next year, whether they'll feature Lisa again on ITT, or have Alison Hammond instead, or ... both of them. :eek:

I have a feeling Alison may be in next year's Chriatmas special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I find Lisa Reilly unbearable, so I turned off the sound and did something else while she was on. (I was fortunately unaware of her existence before she appeared in SCD.) I did the same for Russell too.

It may be interesting to see what happens next year, whether they'll feature Lisa again on ITT, or have Alison Hammond instead, or ... both of them. :eek:

I have a feeling Alison may be in next year's Chriatmas special

I don't actually find Alison nearly as annoying as Lisa because I think she has a bit more self-awareness. At least on ITT, Alison could look back at her dances and laugh at the fact she 'looked like she was hardly moving' whereas Lisa just goes on about being the 'people's champion', how she is 'renowned for her cha cha' etc. and seemed to think she was actually a good dancer :confused: Having said that, if Alison clings on to Strictly in the same way Lisa has she could easily become just as annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was pretty dire on yesterday's show, but she didn't annoy me as much as Russell 'no, I will not call him "The Grant" like he's some nick-name-worthy national treasure' Grant, who barely even acknowledged that Joanne was there, he was so busy mugging for the camera.
    The fact that the poor girl had to lift his arm and do her own under-arm turn because he was so disinterested struck me as highly self-absorbed and arrogant.

Was he like that with Flavia? I tended to zone out when he 'graced' our screens during his series.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    I'm not a fan.

However we watched the Xmas special with the in-laws who were both cheering when she appeared. I saw the smiles on their faces, and while I don't get it, realise a lot of people do see the appeal.

Same in my house my Mum thinks she,s brilliant. I hope Alison takes over the Lisa type role on ITT etc next year.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Her footwork was godawful, but then so was Robin's so she was in good company. :D
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately I fast forwarded through her dance and comments, because I'm not getting the Lisa love either :D:D
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither. 8s across the board for that jive. You must be joking!

I noticed that Chris Hollins got a mention from Bruno about overindulging on the Christmas pudding and from Darcey about not being as sprightly as he was. Imagine if they'd said that to Russell or Lisa!
    Russell said he'd lost two stones but I don't remember him being as large as he was now when he was in the show. I thought he was going to pass out during that routine. I think that's why Joanne had him sat on that golden cushion whilst she danced with Natalie! I would dance with Nat too if I had a chance :D
  • Options
    CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    She always strikes me as being very "needy" and puts on that, "please like me" face when being spoken of, or to.

Probably harmless, but totally talentless and the really sad thing is that most people are too kind to point this out directly to her.

I wonder who will be next years fat woman.
  • Options
    Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I realy hope this is the last we see of her on strictly she's annoying as hell, Robin deserves someone young and slim next time.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's review Lisa Riley's progress -
    1 ) After 3 years in the Strictly family her dancing is no better and nobody wants to see it
    2) She can't do backstage reports any better than the celebs or dancers
    3) She can't make her own ITT features into anything interesting

Why are we still being told she is so wonderful?
  • Options
    Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I realy hope this is the last we see of her on strictly she's annoying as hell, Robin deserves someone young and slim next time.

Yeah I can't wait to see that exact same jivechamba he choreographs for everything done by someone who can do it justice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I can't wait to see that exact same jivechamba he choreographs for everything done by someone who can do it justice.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davegold wrote: »
    1 ) After 3 years in the Strictly family her dancing is no better and nobody wants to see it

I give in...why?

^_^
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give in...why?

^_^

Don't feel bad.
    I like her too. :D
  • Options
    CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member

I give in...why?

^_^

Perhaps she works cheap.:)
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies. :blush:

I misinterpreted a post above.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member

I agree. It's bizarre .. there seems to be some kind of fat fetish at the heart of Strictly and the BBC. Personally I find this institutional attraction completely odious.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »

I have a feeling Alison may be in next year's Chriatmas special.

BIB I did exactly this too!
  • Options
    RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I was brought up to see the best in everyone, and I really do try - but it is really hard so far as Lisa is concerned. The fawning adoration she always received from the judges seemed unbelievable. Did they really mean it? We actually gave the Christmas show a miss when we discovered she was in it. Yet our daughter and her family are great fans, so we never say a word against her.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Russell - I was really aware of how little he was doing other than his own bit of the dance and I admired Joanne for making it look as if he was dancing with her and generally making out she was enjoying it.

I don't mind Lisa, some people really do enjoy seeing her dance just as I enjoyed seeing Judy dance :blush: