Options

Blacklist (Season2) US PACE

whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

Couldn't find a thread on this...........

Talk about starting with a BANG !!

This seasons looking like a good one not the scene has been set with Season 1.

Wonder what Reddington meany when he said he knew what they had found whilst the former boss was in Hospital.

He seemed pretty adamant that he wouldn't be coming back......

Great opening episode !

Dave

Comments

• Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it. I love Red. He's a bad guy you should really hate but I can't help bit root for him.

Really hope they tell us what his actual relationship is with Liz soon. I will quickly lose interest if they drag it out any more (not in the show. But in who she is to him).

Great start to the new series!
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No messing about, straight back to business. Great stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I just started watching this show - I really liked the season opener and I think I will go back and watch the first season.

I really enjoyed the Nora/Rowan/Lord Baltimore plotline
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil twin dead. Nice twin alive. Turns out nice twin is dead and evil twin is responsible.

Utterly predictable.

Blacklist is back everybody. :D
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forget, did Tom definitely die in the last series?

Why do the baddies always send a finger? And why does that finger always have to be perfectly manicured??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom got shot, but his body vanished. He's definitely still alive. It's obviously him spying on Liz.

Shame really. He annoyed me from the very beginning.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking for to toms dirt appearance this season.......It will all kick off
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who it is LIzzie has prisoner, I'm inclined to believe it is Tom but I think a bigger deal would have been made about her capturing him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know when you hear a song for the first time and it just gets you. :cry::blush:

Pretty traditional episode, that Israeli woman is doing what Elizabeth should be, not sure I like her hogging the limelight.

Bought it from their website. Cloud Cult, You were born.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with season 1, my main problem with season 2 is that I find Elizabeth to be both stupid and annoying.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main problem is I don't care who Lizzie's real dad is and I don't care if her character falls under a bus. At least that daft wig has gone though. Red is a good character but at 22 episodes a season and this boring Berlin and father story they are killing us. It was better when they solved cases of people on the Blacklist and not try to tie it to some conspiracy about Berlin or her father.
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    As with season 1, my main problem with season 2 is that I find Elizabeth to be both stupid and annoying.

Yeah, she's really the least interesting thing in the show, and I was gutted when they killed off
    Meera
    as she was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't paying much attention after last weeks atrocious cliché ridden debacle, at first glance I had little hope for this one - rednecks in the woods, hmm, but the complexities of the characters and their motives raised it back up to Blacklist standards making the vertically challenged skinner quite interesting.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Wasn't paying much attention after last weeks atrocious cliché ridden debacle, at first glance I had little hope for this one - rednecks in the woods, hmm, but the complexities of the characters and their motives raised it back up to Blacklist standards making the vertically challenged skinner quite interesting.

I was sort of disappointed this week. Having Tom as the prisoner seemed to be a no-brainer. I thought it would be a shocker, but it was all a bit of a let down
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That giant doesn't look like he has aged a day since Twin Peaks. How can that be?

I absolutely HATE Tom. So annoyed they've brought him back. And it was so bloody obvious too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing on this show is Spader although the "Hello, ____" ambush in someone else's home is getting boring now. It was terrifying when that guy came home to find Red with his wife, waiting for her to finish cooking dinner, right before he locked her in a cupboard and started torturing him... it was surprising when he killed the female government liaison in her own home and in her own bed... now it's just getting repetitive.

I agree the Berlin/Lizzie father mystery at this point is utterly boring but I get they want Megan Boone to be the next Cobie Smulders so they'll keep pushing her even though she's nothing exceptional. Also since they got rid of her distracting wig I've found myself noticing her tilted front tooth more.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it right that after the next two episodes the show is off until Feb?

Hope now. It had its flaws (agree with above. The Lizzies father mystery is utterly boring now. Red ambushing people etc is getting old) but it's one of my favourite shows.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm out of this show. It isn't really going anywhere, and the 'Lister of the week' storyline is getting boring.

Megan Boone really doesn't have much on screen presence.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bailed on it too. Started off with an interesting premise and descended into being a load of crap.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I am not really enjoying this season as much as the first.

However the ending today was unexpected.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Must admit I am not really enjoying this season as much as the first.

However the ending today was unexpected.

I knew it was going that way, I knew it wouldn't be Reds daughter
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I knew it was going that way, I knew it wouldn't be Reds daughter

I knew it wasn't Reds Daughter, but as I am not really giving Season 2 my full attention (doing other things whilst watching it) I didn't expect her to be who she was....

I guess the more astute amongst us could see it a mile off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they made such a big deal with #lizziessecret. I mean come on, we're not even half way into the second series. It literally could not have been anyone BUT Tom she had locked up.

I think I'm just watching for watching's sake now to be honest. And maybe for Liz's bum too...
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm just watching for watching's sake now to be honest. And maybe for Liz's bum too...

I must admit that I'm getting bored of it now. It's now one of the last shows each week that I get around to watching. I really would like it more but there's just something missing this season. I'd like to see more of the ongoing story rather than the International Criminal Mastermind of the Week who Reddington just happens to know. It has just got so repetitive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also on the wane at this point. Even Lizzie in her underwear has no allure considering the GQ shoot she did. Who is Berlin? Who is Lizzie's dad? Whose home or lawn will Red appear in or on to make a deal with/kill?

This has lost it's laser focus on the list just like My Name Is Earl. Now it's chasing it's own tail rather than striding towards a set destination. Also every other week Ressler and Liz run into a situation without proper back up and get beaten/drugged... we've already had 2 crazy doctors with secret surgery premises this season alone. We had, what, 4 last season? The Lord Baltimore episode was entertainingly twisted but at this point the formula is predictable.