Options

Crashing Frying Pans Over Your Head

KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
Forum Member
Would it be fair to say that Katie meant "over" as in "in the space above", whereas Perez, either intentionally or not, took that as "on"?

What's the most common usage of "Over Your Head" in the UK?

Comments

• Options
    Dr.FeverDr.Fever Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I took it as 'over his head', especially as Katie was talking about making a noise to keep him awake like he has kept others awake.

but, not surprisingly Perez took this as another chance to say he feared for his life!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dr.Fever wrote: »
    but, not surprisingly Perez took this as another chance to say he feared for his life!
    Well considering that Perez "feared for his life" when some girl who had nothing to do with him had someone glance at her boob? It doesn't take much.

It really is despicable when someone uses faked up jeopardy to manipulate--especially this transparently. Oh sure, Alexander is a large black man, Perez. But he's also almost twice your age.
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr.Fever wrote: »
    I took it as 'over his head', especially as Katie was talking about making a noise to keep him awake like he has kept others awake.

i fear for my life watching the twonk,
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took it as her saying she would bash his head in with frying pans. Here if someone says you'll get this over your head...it means they want to hit you with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KaylaL wrote: »
    I took it as her saying she would bash his head in with frying pans. Here if someone says you'll get this over your head...it means they want to hit you with it.
    If so though, why would she keep mentioned the noise they'd make when she crashed them together with each other, and keep saying it with the context of how it would keep Perez awake?

Perez isn't dumb. He realized this and ran with it to try and get her in trouble. Not that she deserves much sympathy, but he's no victim here either.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    If so though, why would she keep mentioned the noise they'd make when she crashed them together with each other, and keep saying it with the context of how it would keep Perez awake?

Perez isn't dumb. He realized this and ran with it to try and get her in trouble. Not that she deserves much sympathy, but he's no victim here either.

I realise that now, but at the time when she first said it, I truly took it as she was gonna bash his head in with frying pans.
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    They both need to be hit over the head with a frying pan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Perez over reacting again
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said "I'm going to crash frying pans over your sweet head" and then started backtracking, saying she meant together. Which is no doubt what she meant, just not exactly what she said.

It sounded bad, but I don't think it was meant bad.

It's too bad, miss too-smart-for-her-pants couldn't actually verbalize what she meant, in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed it was above the head....as in trying to keep him awake by making loads of noise, just as he was doing to Alexander in a different way.

Much as I dislike Katie, I didn't see that as a threat of violence, just a threat to irritate him.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    She said "I'm going to crash frying pans over your sweet head" and then started backtracking, saying she meant together.

Yep first time it sounded like she was going to bash him over the head (not that I'd take that seriously myself!). She then backtracked and very carefully explained about making noise over his head.

Surprised she hasn't been warned for making a threat about his drinking water too.
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby and I had this discussion yesterday. I think it's a case of UK vs USA different use of words - we knew exactly what she meant, particularly in the context, but can understand how Perez MIGHT take it to mean "on top of" instead of "above", but she DID explain that she meant in order to make a loud noise to keep him awake, and the idiot just took the "threat" and ran with it. Oh how I detest that little cretin.

xx
  • Options
    I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »

Surprised she hasn't been warned for making a threat about his drinking water too.

Yes, we were waiting for that to happen too, it's getting so ridiculous in there!

xx
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    I realise that now, but at the time when she first said it, I truly took it as she was gonna bash his head in with frying pans.

Wishful thinking?
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say that Katie meant "over" as in "in the space above", whereas Perez, either intentionally or not, took that as "on"?

What's the most common usage of "Over Your Head" in the UK?

It's obvious that Katie meant over his head as the context of the conversation was about keeping people awake at night with noise I.e. Perez and his fake coughing next to Alexandra.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She meant over his head to wake him up as he pathetically and quite nastily pretended to cough by Alex's bed to wake him up. She is going on a bit tho....
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perez
    was so quick to pounce on the opportunity, trying to get Keith on side
    immediately. His in-house gameplay is undeniably good, but he's out of the
    running for the win by being such a toxic character.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it was a misunderstanding, Katie meant two pans above his head crashing together but Perez didn't understand that and thought she meant hit him with them. It just needed someone to explain the problem to them both and they could have sorted it out - oh forgot there are no adults in the house to do that.
  • Options
    zeroskyzerosky Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably something like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvS_w9gy8g
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zerosky wrote: »
    Probably something like this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLvS_w9gy8g
    Oh, if only :D
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady*tara wrote: »
    i fear for my life watching the twonk,

LOL!

And that has made me cough and spluttering on a mouthful of tea.

I thank you.

:):)
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She mimed it out the second time so there couldn't be a misunderstanding.
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    Definitely like this!:D :o:D Evil Dick is quite funny to watch, I can imagine it gets on your nerves after a while though, crikey, he's a bit full on!:D Makes Perez look tame in comparison!:D
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But what was she going to do with his water bottle?