Which Supermarket do you use?

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
Which Supermarket do you use? If you use more than one, state the one you use most.

The Poll isn't about what you like or dislike about any particular store, just which Supermarket is the most popular with DS posters.

I've 'lumped' the various Poundshops, One Stop and 99p stores under 'other' as despite carrying a fair range of stock, don't really fall into the bracket of Supermarket.

Which Supermarket do you use? 172 votes

Aldi
10%
mark_bStressMonkeyCombatHamstershaggy_xslade1Compton_scatterKathrynhaHogzillaRhumbatuggerjarryhackgmphmacgamzattiwooJJ75Funk You[Deleted User]chopsimradcliffe95Chopan 18 votes
Asda
19%
SucmedicJurassicMarkbspaceflickpotNest[Deleted User]netcurtainsDinkyDooThe WizardMiss C. DeVille[Deleted User]paralaxlea_ukwhitecliffeAndy BirkenheadBrummiekevc0bo[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User] 33 votes
Booths
0%
Budgens
0%
Co-op
1%
marloBirdcage21stCenturyBoy 3 votes
Costcutter
0%
CK's
0%
Farmfoods
0%
Filco Foods
0%
Heron Foods
0%
Iceland
2%
[Deleted User]exlordlucansilentNateLewi26EbonyHamster 5 votes
Lidl
4%
jraDavid (2)John259performingmonkWelsh-ladBrirozChrisJamesSatsallyred83 8 votes
Londis
0%
Mace
0%
Marks & Spencer
1%
UKMikeyLoisSuper Frog 3 votes
Morrisons
11%
[Deleted User]SULLAjohn_hunterHarry.Kewell[Deleted User]Lisa.BDan SetteDJGMfornowagainChoccyCarolespikydogBulletguy1sarahj1986Pumping IronFrankieThePandaJoseph_McDonaldfarmer bobelle77brain_higgykaren_charnock 20 votes
Nisa-Todays
0%
Ocado
2%
LykkieLiDadDancer[Deleted User]jackpotjackpot 4 votes
Sainsbury's
15%
InkblotThePerfectOneAndy_GllihplubaChristian Cagepeter3hg80sfanPaul_DNAPKittycat73stargazer61GayAtheistSunny BnanscombepsychedelicBelligerencebostin_austinTeddybleadsVast_Girthtim59 26 votes
Spar
0%
Tesco
22%
AndrueRaring_to_goScottishWoodygomezzLostFoolmarclaglyn9799spookyLXJamieHTvodkamargarinepanic roomCBFreakHotgossipdgdaveMarellaKNickelbackSunnierffawkesbiggle2000[Deleted User] 38 votes
Waitrose
5%
welwynroseStrakercharlie1daycitycoolmum1231fabRose BuddTigerpawsWombatDeathMargMck 10 votes
Other
2%
ScubyCreamteaBastardBeaverAmazee-Dayzee 4 votes

Comments

• Joseph_McDonaldJoseph_McDonald Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Morrisons
    I'm not seeing a poll... ;)

But just for the record, I usually use Morrisons. But only because it's the nearest to where I live.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    I'm not seeing a poll... ;)
    Should be up and running now.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't vote in the poll as I use more than one. Mainly Asda and Tesco, use Morrisons, B&M and Makro too.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    I use more than one so I can't choose an option.

I shop at ASDA, The Co-operative, M&S, Sainsbury's, Lidl, Morrisons, and Tesco.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Can't vote in the poll as I use more than one. Mainly Asda and Tesco, use Morrisons, B&M and Makro too.
    Do read the "instructions"!! :D
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Which Supermarket do you use? If you use more than one, state the one you use most.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I shop in Sainsbury for the big shop once a month and then I get things from Waitrose or Sainsbury as and when we need them. I tend to go to Waitrose on a Saturday so I can get the free paper. I occasionally go to Tesco for cat litter so may buy a few bits then as well.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Ocado
    Most people don't use just one nowadays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do read the "instructions"!! :D

Yes, but I use both Asda and Tesco equally, depending on offers and deals each one has.
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    Morrisons
    Morrisons mainly - My fave as it is closest to me these days and I like to find bargains there - and I like the £10 cash back bonus offer and the money off vouchers

I Do many BIG Online shops as a "vip" at Sainsbury's
    and less frequently go to Asda Tesco's and Aldi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Asda
    Mainly Asda, but will nip over to Aldi for a change. I also buy a lot in Home Bargains too :)
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    Tesco
    I always use Tesco's, not only because it is down the end of my road, but because it is vast and stocks everything that I need. I also know many of the staff there, and they will always let me know if they have any special offers on items that they know I like.

The butcher came around from his counter recently to let me know that he had fillet steak on offer, and there aren't many Supermarket's where you get that sort of service. :)

I really dislike Morrison's, I find it cold and impersonal, and not as well organised as Tesco
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    Morrisons mainly - My fave as it is closest to me these days and I like to find bargains there - and I like the £10 cash back bonus offer and the money off vouchers

I Do many BIG Online shops as a "vip" at Sainsbury's
    and less frequently go to Asda Tesco's and Aldi
    Pretty much likewise and thank you for comprehending what "state the one you use most" means! :D

I also use use others.....but mainly Morrisons.
    Forum Member
    I don't really use one more than the other so I still can't choose.
    Forum Member
    Ugh, seriously though, supermarket names..

ASDA
    Tesco
    The Co-operative
    Sainsbury's
    Morrisons
    Waitrose

So many people put unecessary apostrophes or the letter s on the end...
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda
    I also use more than one but mainly use Asda now for my big shop. They seem to be the cheapest out of all the main supermarkets and their customer service is excellent. I used to use Tesco but they got a bit expensive and their offers were often erratic. Like 95p each or 2 for £2 and often I'd find that their value bulk buys worked out more expensive than buying the equivalent amount in smaller packs. Eh?? The service also went bad so I stopped using them. My Asda big shop now works out approximately £50 cheaper.

I go to Aldi and Farmfoods for bits and occasionally I'll shop at Sainsburys. I rarely use Morrison's mainly because it's the furthest away from where I live and after trying Iceland once I'll never go there again because their food is tiny portions of processed garbage. Their photographer wants an award because he manages to make their food look delicious and about twice the size on the box yet it comes out of the oven looking nothing like.

I don't bother with Waitrose or M&S because I think it's grossly overpriced for what it is and very overrated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    malpasc wrote: »
    Ugh, seriously though, supermarket names..

ASDA
    Tesco
    The Co-operative
    Sainsbury's
    Morrisons
    Waitrose

So many people put unecessary apostrophes or the letter s on the end...
    Tell them.......not me. ;-)
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marks & Spencer
    M&S for the food shopping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    The Wizard wrote: »
    I also use more than one but mainly use Asda now for my big shop. They seem to be the cheapest out of all the main supermarkets and their customer service is excellent. I used to use Tesco but they got a bit expensive and their offers were often erratic. Like 95p each or 2 for £2 and often I'd find that their value bulk buys worked out more expensive than buying the equivalent amount in smaller packs. Eh?? The service also went bad so I stopped using them. My Asda big shop now works out approximately £50 cheaper.

I go to Aldi and Farmfoods for bits and occasionally I'll shop at Sainsburys. I rarely use Morrison's mainly because it's the furthest away from where I live and after trying Iceland once I'll never go there again because their food is tiny portions of processed garbage. Their photographer wants an award because he manages to make their food look delicious and about twice the size on the box yet it comes out of the oven looking nothing like.

I don't bother with Waitrose or M&S because I think it's grossly overpriced for what it is and very overrated.
    Which is why you voted Asda. ;-) Excellent....that's the purpose of the poll. To see which Supermarket posters use the most. I can only think it's an extremely peculiar person who would shop in two or three different week in week out on a totally equal basis. :confused:

I use Asda, One Stop and Morrisons......but shop mainly in Morrisons and occasionally at the others.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Sainsbury's
    Sainsburys most, but only cos its closest. The poll would have been better if it allowed multiple options or was what do you 'prefer' using.
  • InsaniumInsanium Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Asda
    whichever is the closest so it was Morrissons but now an Asda has opened up 2 mins away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Sainsburys most, but only cos its closest. The poll would have been better if it allowed multiple options or was what do you 'prefer' using.
    I wasn't looking for reasons or preference as to why any person uses a particular Supermarket......just which they use....and if using more than one, the most used.

It really isn't difficult!

You use Sainsbury's the most.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldi
    I use Aldi for the 'big shop' - but since there's only two of us, I don't really do one a week, more like every other week, and I top up using the local Co-Op which is lovely, friendly and often has offers which I take advantage of.

I'm really fond of both places.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aldi
    I wasn't looking for reasons or preference as to why any person uses a particular Supermarket......just which they use....and if using more than one, the most used.

Hey, back off. The poster makes a fair point. I shop at more than one supermarket, so none is the 'most used'.

You've created a poll which you want others to participate in, so stop getting so aggressive when they make a valid point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is why you voted Asda. ;-) Excellent....that's the purpose of the poll. To see which Supermarket posters use the most. I can only think it's an extremely peculiar person who would shop in two or three different week in week out on a totally equal basis. :confused:

I use Asda, One Stop and Morrisons......but shop mainly in Morrisons and occasionally at the others.

It's not peculiar and it's not totally equally every week. But every week I do go to both Asda and Tesco, sometimes I spend more in Asda than Tesco and vice versa. It depends on what offers are on and which one has what I want (depending on which one I go to first).

I only posted in this thread just to waste time before sorting a couple of things out - which I'm not particularly in the mood to sort out.

I'll leave the thread now, it's not interesting and I was only wasting time. You should've just allowed more than one option.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Sainsbury's

If another supermarket was closer i would use that, so your poll really just tells us what supermarkets are in closest proximity to people. Some people will travel slightly further to visit a slightly better supermarket, but then if another one was closer they may always pick that.

To be honest "used most" is rather moot nowadays anyway. Whilst i definitely visit Sainsburys the most as its easiest to pop into for a few bit, we normally do our big shop in Morrisons. But then when we are in town we always buy a load from Lidl. Plus i always like to pop into Tesco every now and then to see if they have any good offers on. If an Aldi was closer i would go there a lot more. I suspect many people are similar in their habits.

So i stand by the fact its rather a poor poll if you want to actually get any interesting or accurate information.

Also you should have grouped together all convenience stores.