Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    True as I had forgotten that she was working for Stark but you are right things could change in Age Of Ultron that would lead her to join Agents Of Shield

It will get very confusing if Marvel plan to link up all their TV shows and films in some way but I gues it will be just like the comics!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Bobbi Morse seems to be fitting into the team but I'm disappointed to see that looks like Hunter might be leaving as I really like him as a character

Hunter ie. Nick Blood is a regular cast member whereas Palicki is only listed as a recurring guest star. So I'm quite certain that Hunter will be sticking around until at least the end of the season unless the writers pull a fast one and kill him off earlier. Bobbi Morse is too important a character ( so I'm told ) to just keep on the TV show. She's supposed to be an Avenger on the same level as Black Widow. Palicki has also been in talks with Marvel about appearing in future movies. For the moment, she'lI be a "semi-regular" until maybe end of this season ? After that, I expect her character to pop in and out of the show in the future.
    Im just suprised that they have not introduced Marie Hill as a regular character in the show especially as Cobie Smoulders isn't doing How I Met Your Mother anymore although I guess she might be filming Avengers Age Of Ultron

I'm not. The way they've written her, post Winter Soldier, it would be awkward if she did become a regular character. She made it rather clear to Coulson that she had given up on Shield, siding with Cap against Fury to bring down Shield together with Hydra. Remember, she was Fury's no. 2 and he gave the directorship to his no. 3. Not too sure how favourably she would react to being under Coulson's command. Besides, it makes more sense for her to be with Stark which fits nicely into Avengers 2. She would still be part of the Avengers team without her having to bring up Coulson's resurrection and what's been happening to Shield in the TV show. Plus, if Shield needed emergency funding from Stark, well, they have an "inside woman".
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not. The way they've written her, post Winter Soldier, it would be awkward if she did become a regular character. She made it rather clear to Coulson that she had given up on Shield, siding with Cap against Fury to bring down Shield together with Hydra. Remember, she was Fury's no. 2 and he gave the directorship to his no. 3. Not too sure how favourably she would react to being under Coulson's command. Besides, it makes more sense for her to be with Stark which fits nicely into Avengers 2. She would still be part of the Avengers team without her having to bring up Coulson's resurrection and what's been happening to Shield in the TV show. Plus, if Shield needed emergency funding from Stark, well, they have an "inside woman".

She wasn't regular before those films so it's even less likely now. I've got no problem with her not being in the series. Don't mind if she pops up in a couple of episodes a season, but for me the cast is big enough as it is, we've already got Tripp who's not doing anything since the new characters have joined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reminder farquharstreet about Maria Hill current position in the Marvel Universe but it still means that there is a possibility that she could join Agents Of SHIELD after the events of Avengers Age Of Ultron

Also can you post a link to the article about Bobbi Morse appearing in future Marvel filmd as I can't find anything online about that

I hope you are right about Hunter as I said I didn't want to see him leave the show

However as any poster mentioned that the team is getting too big so I would like to see a shock death but I can't see them doing that!
  • Options
    scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    At last, a thread I n post in without getting spoiled, or spoiling someone. (Well at least until tomorrow evening), basically, while ABC in America took 2 weeks off (two weeks ago and this week) RTÉ in Ireland also took 2 weeks (although they took theirs together which scared me a bit into thinking they might have dropped it) basically this means that RTÉ are just the one episode ahead of Channel 4 and they are both within 7 days of each other.
    So between Friday 9pm and Sunday 7pm both UK and Ireland are level with each other.
    Anyway. Senator Ward, who here thinks he's more corrupt then his Hydra brother?
    Also, have we met Brigadier General Talbot before? I'm trying to think was he a character in the Hulk movie?
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    scardis wrote: »
    Also, have we met Brigadier General Talbot before? I'm trying to think was he a character in the Hulk movie?

I couldn't remember so just checked IMDB and you're right, he was in Hulk :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reminder farquharstreet about Maria Hill current position in the Marvel Universe but it still means that there is a possibility that she could join Agents Of SHIELD after the events of Avengers Age Of Ultron

Anything is possible but whether it's probable, that's another thing. So far, I haven't heard any rumours about her joining and story-wise, she isn't needed as I mentioned earlier. A guest appearance here and there is most likely. Besides, if Fury wants to keep an eye ( no pun intended :cool: ) on the Avengers, then having Hill with Stark is the strategic way to do it. It just makes sense IMO.
    Also can you post a link to the article about Bobbi Morse appearing in future Marvel filmd as I can't find anything online about that

The specific reference can be found from IGN : here
    A more general interview with Adrianne Palicki on EW which you may find interesting : here
    Don't worry, no spoilers if you have already watched the latest episode, Ep. 6.
    However as any poster mentioned that the team is getting too big so I would like to see a shock death but I can't see them doing that!

Most viewers are kinda expecting it already, this being a Whedon show. The question is, who first ? I can't see them killing off any of the original six. Yet. My first guess would be Triplett ( which explains the lack of any in-depth character development so far ), second, Mack and third, Hunter. If the writers are really brave and go for one of the original members then I can see first, Ward, second, Simmons, and third, May or Fitz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links!

I think killing off some of the new characters wouldn't have the same impact as killing off a member of the original six.However knowing Whedon it may be someone unexpected although we can safely assume it won't be Coulson!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone needs to be killed off and I hope no one will. TV shows have a habit of thinking it needs to shock people by killing a main character and I find that a bit boring and predictable now.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ward escaping also seemed kind of obvious too.
    At this point I'd trust Ward more than his brother, and I also think it's unlikely that Coulson would be taken in by the Senator. So I am expecting a twist, and maybe Coulson planned for Ward to escape.

I'm happy with Maria Hill as an occasional character. What's Fury up to nowadays?
  • Options
    scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    *Eileen* wrote: »
    I couldn't remember so just checked IMDB and you're right, he was in Hulk :)
    Checked back and it's the wrong Hulk. Talbot was in the first Eric Bana movie, not the Edward Norton version which we now consider part of the MCU canon. The reason the Talbot on the series now looks familiar is because the actor, Adrian Pasdar was in Heroes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    At this point I'd trust Ward more than his brother, and I also think it's unlikely that Coulson would be taken in by the Senator. So I am expecting a twist, and maybe Coulson planned for Ward to escape.

I'm happy with Maria Hill as an occasional character. What's Fury up to nowadays?

I thought the editing between the two Wards was very effective done. Based solely on those two exchanges, you literally don't know who to believe. I agree that we tend to lean more towards Ward, but only because of the well episode and the fact that politicians in general can't be fully trusted.

As for Fury, from the last season finale and the post-credit scene in Winter Soldier, I would assume he's in Europe chasing after Von Strucker and Hydra.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the editing between the two Wards was very effective done. Based solely on those two exchanges, you literally don't know who to believe. I agree that we tend to lean more towards Ward, but only because of the well episode and the fact that politicians in general can't be fully trusted.
    I lean towards Ward here because I think that after Ward tells Skye he'll never lie to her again, he follows through because it's important to him that he not be caught in a lie. Which doesn't mean he'll never lie to her, just that when he does it will be over something absolutely crucial. Building credibility is one of the few things he could do while incarcerated. I think his account of his childhood is included in this (and fits with the flashback footage we saw), and therefore when the Senator contradicted it he was probably lying.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode for Agents Of SHIELD and interesting seeing Grant brother who Im sure has got some sort of plan!

Im glad they are keeping Grant Ward as a bad guy as I was worried that they may turn him back good again.I loved him escaping at the end!

Bobbi Morse seems to be fitting into the team but I'm disappointed to see that looks like Hunter might be leaving as I really like him as a character

Im just suprised that they have not introduced Marie Hill as a regular character in the show especially as Cobie Smoulders isn't doing How I Met Your Mother anymore although I guess she might be filming Avengers Age Of Ultron

It was a very good episode, although I could see the Ward escaping thing coming a furlong away!:D
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    ^ Yes. Me too, unfortunately.
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode, season 2 so far has been consistent and strong hope they keep it up. Also hope that's not the end of Hunter as I really like him and has become part of the show effortlessly, although fair play all the new members have fitted in with no problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what Channel 4 plan to do with Agents Of SHIELD up until Christmas as if they carry on showing an episode a week then the mid season finale will shown on Boxing Day which I think is unlikely

Maybe Channel 4 will have a double bill of episodes on the 19th December to fit in the mid season finale before Christmas
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    According to Digiguide they are showing right up to episode 10 on Dec 26th with no break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's a pity and it shows that Channel 4 Dont really care about Agents Of SHIELD
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a pity and it shows that Channel 4 Dont really care about Agents Of SHIELD

Why does them showing it without any breaks mean they don't care about it? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because by showing it on Boxing Day they will obviously have reduced viewers as their regular viewers will be spending time with their families etc or watching something else as it's the festive period

I will be obtaining the mid season finale from elsewhere as I won't have time to watch it over Christmas on Channel 4 which is a pity as Thats my preferred way of watching Agents Of SHIELD
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think it's fantastic that we don't have deal with breaks every few episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I totally agree that it's great that we don't have to put up with breaks but I think it would have been more sensible for Channel 4 to start Agents Of SHIELD a week earlier so it would finish just before Christmas
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a shift worker used to seeing Agents after broadcast it does not bother me it is on Boxing Day, If it is the normal 8pm slot will be weird as it will go against BBC One and Avengers Assemble (which I have on DVD so Agents might be a relief)

Looking at season 1 broadcasts, I hope Channel 4 will hold back to say first week of Feb, to avoid all the stop starts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It will be a bit longer than February until we get the second half of season two of agents of SHIELD as it doesn't start airing in the U.S. until the start of March as ABC are showing Agent Carter during January and Febuary

So I don't think we will get to see the second half of season two on channel 4 until the middle or end of March