Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• kriZbiikriZbii Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a shift worker used to seeing Agents after broadcast it does not bother me it is on Boxing Day, If it is the normal 8pm slot will be weird as it will go against BBC One and Avengers Assemble (which I have on DVD so Agents might be a relief).

Agents of Shield is on at 7pm on Boxing Day, presumably for that reason.
  • scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    It's the mid season finalé so presumably it'll be going all out to up the production stakes.
    A mini Marvel movie on St. Stephens/Boxing Day. Sounds good to me.
    (Course I will have already seen it the previous Sunday on RTÉ2 :p )
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Because by showing it on Boxing Day they will obviously have reduced viewers as their regular viewers will be spending time with their families etc or watching something else as it's the festive period

I will be obtaining the mid season finale from elsewhere as I won't have time to watch it over Christmas on Channel 4 which is a pity as Thats my preferred way of watching Agents Of SHIELD
    You've not heard of Digital Video Recorders, I assume then? :o:confused:
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yes of cause as that's how I watch all my shows but in my case if I relied on that way I wouldn't see the final episode till the new year and would properly have it spoilt for me by then!

I understand that people have different ways that they watch this show and Im just saying that Channel 4 scheduling doesn't suit me
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode, everyone had a bit to do, glad they've stopped drawing on walls now. Really don't like Ward though, never have, never will, wish Skye had killed him at the end of the last season. Hope Skye's dad and Whitehall are back next week as well.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the mention of Strucker by Ward.

Great episode again for me. They've moved all the storylines forward very well.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode, and I don't mind Ward. He's the bad guy's version of Romanova. His connection to Skye seemed implausible at first, but enriches the show now. On the other plot, I'm liking that it is still tying back to the Magical Place of the first episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Good episode, and I don't mind Ward. He's the bad guy's version of Romanova. His connection to Skye seemed implausible at first, but enriches the show now. On the other plot, I'm liking that it is still tying back to the Magical Place of the first episodes.

Two weeks ago I just got to see this show on sky box sets. I have 4 more to watch, Great show very surprized I liked this. I had seen C4 were showing the second series. How many episodes have been shown? I taped last nights show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    Two weeks ago I just got to see this show on sky box sets. I have 4 more to watch, Great show very surprized I liked this. I had seen C4 were showing the second series. How many episodes have been shown? I taped last nights show
    We're up to episode 7 from last night.
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    We're up to episode 7 from last night.

Thanks for that. I should not watch episode7, better to wait for S2 on box sets.
    This show is really good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I should not watch episode7, better to wait for S2 on box sets.
    This show is really good

There will be a mid season break and so channel 4 may repeat the first half before they start the second.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @lucius12: Digiguide are showing that E4 will repeat the first episode of series 2 on January 4th, 2015 at 4:00pm; so it does look like you'll be able to catch up with it by watching live or recording it. You can then binge watch from your taping of episode 7 onwards once you've caught up :)
    Forum Member
    Well the mid season finale of Agents Of SHIELD is airing in the US tonight so all us watching at UK pace will have to try to avoid any spoilers over the next few weeks before Channel 4 show it!
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate mid series (I also hate the word season when it comes to TV programmes) breaks.

Why do they do this in America?
    Forum Member
    I actually thought that the reason for mid season breaks was more down to the success of US show internationally as its easier for the U.S. networks to show them in two blocks of episodes rather than before when they used to show a few new episodes then air repeats on US networks

I might be wrong on this but that's why I thought it was happening!

Although on ABC in the US they are showing Agent Carter during Agents Of SHIELD mid season break.Unfortunatly Channel 4 has decided not to acquire Agent Carter to fill that gap and it's not being shown in the UK in January!
    Forum Member
    Why do they do this in America?
    Because it's the way they've always done it. ie interspersed old episodes in with new ones. It's all to do with their two "sweeps" seasons. There's lots of info on Wiki I guess :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other reason is production time. By mid season the broadcasts have caught up with the filming of the episodes and it takes longer than a week to produce one episode.
    Forum Member
    @lucius12: Digiguide are showing that E4 will repeat the first episode of series 2 on January 4th, 2015 at 4:00pm; so it does look like you'll be able to catch up with it by watching live or recording it. You can then binge watch from your taping of episode 7 onwards once you've caught up :)

Great news. Thank you very much for the information.
    Forum Member
    Nice big spoiler on the front page of DS this morning :( Really wish they wouldn't do that! >:(
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Nice big spoiler on the front page of DS this morning :( Really wish they wouldn't do that! >:(

I just bookmark the subscriptions page so I never see the front page!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another enjoyable episode.

So for anyone else think the attack on the Chinese village may not have been down to Skye's dad? Perhaps it was actually Hydra getting her mum and elders.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Another enjoyable episode.

So for anyone else think the attack on the Chinese village may not have been down to Skye's dad? Perhaps it was actually Hydra getting her mum and elders.

Definitely seems to be the case. I actually didn't make the connection between the woman and Skye/her dad, so it surprised me at the end.

So this means Skye won't age?

I do agree, another enjoyable episode. The great thing about this series in general is they constantly get me excited for the next episode even if they're not THAT great.
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the effects work they did on Skye's Dad was excellent they could have re-shot scenes for Twin Peaks and he wouldn't have looked out of place ;-)
    Forum Member
    Another great episode and its building nicely towards the mid season finale

I can't wait for the next two episodes especially if it's heading where I think it's heading towards

It's amazing how Agents Of SHIELD has transformed as a show and I feel sorry for the people who gave up on it as a show back in season 1
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode last night, having interesting bad guys really raises a series to higher heights and the Whitehall and The Doctor are absolute quality, great to have them back this week, the show misses them when they aren't in it.

Interesting The Doctor mentioned Blue Angels coming from the sky, should we assume they were Kree? Ronan was blue in GOTG.