Options

Constantine

Comments

• Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I just checked the NBC website and it says that Constantine is back on the 9th January with Episode 9

I had previously asked the question if Episode 8 was the last episode before the winter break but a previous poster said that there was one episode left.It seems like that poster was wrong!

I shouldn't have believed the previous poster and just trusted what I had read myself online!

Was just going by the TV guide I use. Next time I won't bother.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I had another website that I use that also said that Episode 9 was on the Friday but it seems that some sites have got it wrong

Pity as I was looking forward to a episode this weekend and the last episode didn't seem like a great mid season finale
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I had another website that I use that also said that Episode 9 was on the Friday but it seems that some sites have got it wrong

Pity as I was looking forward to a episode this weekend and the last episode didn't seem like a great mid season finale

It was part 1 of a two-part story and ended on a big cliffhanger. Nothing says "mid-season finale" as much as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess I was expecting a more shocking end to a mid season finale and it felt like an anti climax.So that's why when someone said that there was another episode it seemed to make sense!
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Now returning on the 16th in an earlier timeslot. hope that boosts the viewing figures enough for renewal.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I was expecting a more shocking end to a mid season finale and it felt like an anti climax.So that's why when someone said that there was another episode it seemed to make sense!
    Having the main character left for dead at the end is normally pretty shocking :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Now returning on the 16th in an earlier timeslot. hope that boosts the viewing figures enough for renewal.

Won't an earlier slot mean it'll be less gruesome? Not sure it things work the same as over here.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

Does that bode well then do we think as it suggests the network wants it succeed ?
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Having the main character left for dead at the end is normally pretty shocking :)

But we know he isn't dead because of the previews. I thought they would have aired part 2 last night. Of course all their plans have been ruined by not having a full season. The actor playing Chas said they were going to go into depth with stories.

Putting it at 8 won't change the format. In the US they don't have a watershed they just have the cinema rating system and will announce viewer discretion if neccessary.

It really annoyed me when I streamed an episode of TVD to discover ITV had been censoring the broadcast version although it was also broadcast at 8.00 pm. Cutting out Elijah knocking a mans head off with his hand and in one episode cutting out any blood or pulling out of hearts which totally ruined a vampire show. Channel 5 even censored OUAT so no wonder people in the UK prefer watching streaming services.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we know he isn't dead because of the previews. I thought they would have aired part 2 last night. Of course all their plans have been ruined by not having a full season. The actor playing Chas said they were going to go into depth with stories.

Putting it at 8 won't change the format. In the US they don't have a watershed they just have the cinema rating system and will announce viewer discretion if neccessary.

I'm not sure how it ruined their plans when they only had this initial order of episodes. They should have planned for that and not for an extension.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im not sure if moving Constantine to an earlier time slot will make that much difference as I thought it would be better if they moved it to a different day

Hopefully NBC know more about it than me though as I want a second season of Constantine so maybe it will be a success in its new time slot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how it ruined their plans when they only had this initial order of episodes. They should have planned for that and not for an extension.

They were expecting a back 9 so they have to plan for that as if they didn't production would have to stop for the writers to write etc and the network wants the episodes to flow. You can usually see on most new shows 13th episode some sort of finale just in case. Some reviewers pointed it out on sleepy hollow who had their episodes extended.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Zed hunters could bust through the guards anyway because they are not demons. Just hardcore Christian humans. Maybe? Zed's real name is Mary after all.

Potential spoiler
    Nergal or other demon provides demonic blood transfusion to John, saving his life. John sleeps with Zed. Zed is to be mother of second coming (hence the kidnap attempt. John's demon blood results in it going...awry.. Similar happens in comics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like the new episode. It all seemed a bit forced to me Matt seems to be trying so hard and all the others don't seem to be engaged.
    First ratings are out and it obtained 0.8 at 8.00 while Grimm was higher by a few points at 9.00. That did surprise me as I thought some new viewers might be curious to watch. Manny irritates me as he says the same thing every week and never seems to help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    season 2 episode one
    Oh my god that an intense exorcism! I love how much religious stuff is in this show, a lot of shows will shy away from that stuff, but this one gets right to it.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still season 1 ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Did we realise that Pazuzu is the same demon that possesses Regan in The Exorcist? Thought that was a nice little nod.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, awesome episode to return with! Pretty brutal too.

The exorcism was amazingly done. I think Matt did a really awesome job during it!

Also, I think my love for Chas is growing more. He's such a great character. Hope we find out more about him and his past before the show ends. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, awesome episode to return with! Pretty brutal too.

The exorcism was amazingly done. I think Matt did a really awesome job during it!

Also, I think my love for Chas is growing more. He's such a great character. Hope we find out more about him and his past before the show ends. :(

I really enjoyed it too; it's sad that the ratings aren't great in the U.S. at the moment. I'm hoping NBC give it a proper push before cancelling if that's their intention.

From the Den of Geek review it seems like we will find out a bit more about Chas next week!
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this show, like the concept, the cast and the whole atmosphere but it needs better managing IMO. Last weeks episode for example never seemed to build any sense of "tension" as the scenes just flip from one to another, from one location to another. Sometimes less is more and the "snake dude" was never allowed to really exude a sense of menace as he hunted down John and gang in the prison. I really want this show to succeed but I fear the worse now. I really hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great recent episode! Loved getting the backstory of Chas and how he came about being able to die and then come back to life.

I'm interested in learning more about Zed and her father, so hopefully we'll get an episode based around her soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it too. I hope NBC give it a second season; the ratings supposedly picked up too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it too. I hope NBC give it a second season; the ratings supposedly picked up too.

Unlikely, according to TV by the Numbers and elsewhere.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/12/02/nbc-predictions-constantine-is-canceled-ignore-warner-brothers-mind-tricks-to-the-contrary/333558/
    Constantine has been canceled. NBC opted to not pick up the back 9 episode order for the rookie drama. In recent memory, every Fall premiere rookie show intended for a full season that was ended after 13 or fewer episodes (in a non WGA strike season) was canceled.

There's been nothing official yet, but the point about the lack of a back nine is valid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A more positive spin: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/24/nbcs-constantine-grows-week-to-week-delivering-its-most-watched-episode-since-november-21/354868/

If the numbers pick up then perhaps it will get a 2nd shot from NBC; otherwise I wouldn't mind seeing Amazon pick it up as it's done other shows since it appears to be doing well for them and the way that I watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be more positive - it's a press release ;)