Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,704
Administrator
Continuation of: Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 7)
I may have missed something but didn't David only send off Lily's swab ?

Comments

• IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a tad confused now. We had all that fuss with Tyrone saying that he'd have to get married to a woman he was scared off just because she never put his name on the birth certificate, and because in the eyes of the law being a loving gentle father means much less then being a volatile violent mother who beats up the father and could be a possible danger to the baby. Tyrone couldn't possibly do a test done to prove he was ruby's father without Kirsty's permission because he could be done for assault, but now David is doing a paternity all on his own accord! This begs the question: why couldn't Tyrone do this instead of the whole charade of pretending he wanted to marry Kirsty?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the last epidsoe David posted the swabs. That was the same episode in which Hayley went to the cancer support group for the first time.

The people she met turned up in today's episode asking how Roy had been since yesterday when they were at the group. So that means David posts the results one day and gets them back BY POST the next day.

Royal Mail and DNA lab are super quick!

Why can the scriptwriters just not be a bit real with their timings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a plain white envelope that Leanne handed to Gail. Whenever I have had to sign for a letter it has a recorded or registered sticker on it.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    IWasBored wrote: »
    I am a tad confused now. We had all that fuss with Tyrone saying that he'd have to get married to a woman he was scared off just because she never put his name on the birth certificate, and because in the eyes of the law being a loving gentle father means much less then being a volatile violent mother who beats up the father and could be a possible danger to the baby. Tyrone couldn't possibly do a test done to prove he was ruby's father without Kirsty's permission because he could be done for assault, but now David is doing a paternity all on his own accord! This begs the question: why couldn't Tyrone do this instead of the whole charade of pretending he wanted to marry Kirsty?

I think it might be to do with the fact that Tyrone wasn't named as Ruby's father on the birth certificate, whereas David was.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone with experience in the pub trade explain how michelle (or even steve as owner) could have their name over the door?

And can they leave tina in charge when she doesn't (as far as we know) have a Personal Licence?

Nor do michelle or steve, of course.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle's dad. need i elaborate? :rolleyes:
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Furniture.

What happened to Stella's and what happened to Michelle's? Eva turned up for her hair straighteners, which she'd left under her bed. :confused:
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    That was a plain white envelope that Leanne handed to Gail. Whenever I have had to sign for a letter it has a recorded or registered sticker on it.

Yes, it usually has a great orangy sticker covering half the ruddy envelope :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »

Yes. It was a completely plain white windowed envelope with no markings of any type on the front or back. No stickers. No stamp. No postmark. No franking mark. No return address. The guy delivering it stated to Audrey that it quite mattered to him who signed for it - i.e. the correct recipient. Then he takes David's nanosecond illegible squiggle as acceptable by saying " A squiggle is fine with us - we're not fussy."
  • melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im completely baffled as to why gail felt the need to hide tge envelope when she heard kylie coming down the stairs. it was a plain envelope. she could have passed it off easily if kylie gad been nosy enough to ask her what it was!!
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Yes. It was a completely plain white windowed envelope with no markings of any type on the front or back. No stickers. No stamp. No postmark. No franking mark. No return address. The guy delivering it stated to Audrey that it quite mattered to him who signed for it - i.e. the correct recipient. Then he takes David's nanosecond illegible squiggle as acceptable by saying " A squiggle is fine with us - we're not fussy."

I saw a letter like that once in 'Acorn Antiques' :)
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I saw a letter like that once in 'Acorn Antiques' :)
    Did it come by Royal Mail or by courier? I'd have thought by courier, and the few I've had delivered that way and had to sign for haven't had anything on them other than my name and address and an identifying number also in the address panel - not even a frank or stamp. The envelopes were completely plain.
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im completely baffled as to why gail felt the need to hide tge envelope when she heard kylie coming down the stairs. it was a plain envelope. she could have passed it off easily if kylie gad been nosy enough to ask her what it was!!

If Gail hadn't hidden it Kylie couldn't find it ... accidentally!
  • MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Could someone with experience in the pub trade explain how michelle (or even steve as owner) could have their name over the door?

And can they leave tina in charge when she doesn't (as far as we know) have a Personal Licence?

Nor do michelle or steve, of course.
    lol http://prntscr.com/1x7xzf
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Steve took delivery of "the books" - and no mention of stock-taking. I'd have thought that said "books" would have gone to the Accountant to get them up-to-date to the sale (any ideas who the Accountant might be? Tina? Eileen? Faye? Gail? Silly me - got to be Sally!)
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    I see that Steve took delivery of "the books" - and no mention of stock-taking. I'd have thought that said "books" would have gone to the Accountant to get them up-to-date to the sale (any ideas who the Accountant might be? Tina? Eileen? Faye? Gail? Silly me - got to be Sally!)

Everyone knows the job was hers. :D
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member

There was nothing to stop him but he already knew the results. As someone mentioned he wasnt named as the father so if he used the results to proove he was the father, it would be seen as inappropriate because in the eyes of the law he wasnt her father. Any dna obtained without kirstys consent would be invalid in law. David isnt doing anything further with the results therefore it isnt a problem.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know nothing about DNAs, but when David read the letter and it said there was a 99.99...% charge that he is the father - could it possibly be that if Nick had submitted a swab then it would be 100% ??

As they are brothers, is it possible their DNAs could be similar?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed something but didn't David only send off Lily's swab ?

I suspect he also enclosed his own as well, which he obviously would be able to obtain without too much difficulty ;)
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know nothing about DNAs, but when David read the letter and it said there was a 99.99...% charge that he is the father - could it possibly be that if Nick had submitted a swab then it would be 100% ??

They have different fathers (Nick is Brian Tilsley'son and David is Martin Platt's) so they're only half-brothers and their DNA would be very different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polomini wrote: »
    They have different fathers (Nick is Brian Tilsley'son and David is Martin Platt's) so they're only half-brothers and their DNA would be very different.

Okay, thanks for the reminder.

But do you know if they were blood brothers could a DNA sample be 100% ?
    Forum Member

Ive seen on jeremy kyle brothers who do dna tests and it comes out as a positive result for a relative but never high enough to confirm paternity.

With nick being a half sibling it would be even less.

Of course with this being a soap it will probably end up being nicks baby anyway!
    Forum Member
    Okay, thanks for the reminder.

But do you know if they were blood brothers could a DNA sample be 100% ?

According to a dna testing company i found online, blood brothers are close so often they need a sample from each brother to confirm which is the match.

If only one brother is available then they can do further tests on the one brother to confirm paternity. So a simple one off swab wouldnt be enough. Luckily for corrie they are half brothers so they got around that one!

One one episode of teen mom i saw, a young mum was trying to get money from the government for her child but they needed proof that the man she claimed was the father, was in fact the biological father. He had died while she was pregnant but the dna company said a sibling dna sample would be enough to proove paternity since he only had sisters any high percentage match would mean he was the father.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She could have even put it in her cardigan. the whole bouncy deer act towards the DVD was horrendous.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member

Is the difference that David is married to Kylie and Tyrone wasn't? I am not sure now.
This discussion has been closed.