Kay Burley is live in Amsterdam

Comments

• Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Good old Kay just reminded everyone that many of the bodies are in bits and scattered all over the place. Yes thanks Kay we'd never have guessed.

What a dopey cow.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Why is SKY using "mood" music as they cover this disaster?

Well it beats the whooosh I guess.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case anyone needs reminding of Burley's best bits throughout the years:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVoDbP3PAJE

That Kay Burley. She's a right goer.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky news is going to analyse what possibly could have bought down the airline. I thought it was a service too air missile?

This is why coverage should stop after one day with these silly questions and answers!?
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good old Kay just reminded everyone that many of the bodies are in bits and scattered all over the place. Yes thanks Kay we'd never have guessed.

What a dopey cow.

Too be far they all do it.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old Kay just reminded everyone that many of the bodies are in bits and scattered all over the place. .
    Really?!

Vile creature. >:(
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    With this disaster Kay will miss her LBC Radio Sunday show this week.

Why she did the show when she was in Kuala Lumpar,she flew back it's hardly a long trip back to London is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear oh dear...
    Kay: "you had to hope to offer access to site for the families.. you can't do that can you?
    Malaysia Airline rep: "Err no it's a warzone we can't get our own crew there"

Kay: "Rebels have reported to have taken 38 bodies away"
    MA rep "I just arrived in Amsterdam as soon as i finish this interview I will go find out some information"

Kay: "It was a mistake to fly there wasn't it"
    Kay: Actually its up to you and it's your risk isn't it why did you take that flight path was it just stupid to go that way"
    Kay: BA didn't go that way why did you?"
    MA Rep "We had approval it was appropriate"
    Kay "but with hindisight..."

Asking if they are going to send the families to an unsecure war zone with bodies lying everywhere you can't make this up"
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is she actually achieving by standing outside an airport. ? I suppose it's better than being at home with her family and friends, if she has any left.....
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?!

Vile creature. >:(

its been horrendous. The "raining bodies" was bad enough but when they spent yesterday telling people about the summer heat and the stench of death from the bodies and again saying how "body parts" littered the area. They talk about respect in death they need to find some respect themselves
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Cyber bullying don't you just love it?
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio FM wrote: »

Plonker
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bullying people on the street while being a nosey journalist don't you just love it
  • GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    humbug333 wrote: »
    What is she actually achieving by standing outside an airport. ? I suppose it's better than being at home with her family and friends, if she has any left.....

Once again it is not being mentioned that many other news organisations have their people at the airport too.....
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    I seriously cringe when i see her on TV. I have to change the channel. I can't stand her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gibsy wrote: »
    Once again it is not being mentioned that many other news organisations have their people at the airport too.....

Yes it has been mentioned in other threads that Alaistair Stewart and Clive Myrie are there for equally pointless reasons.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    its been horrendous. The "raining bodies" was bad enough but when they spent yesterday telling people about the summer heat and the stench of death from the bodies and again saying how "body parts" littered the area. They talk about respect in death they need to find some respect themselves

I've heard similar descriptions from the BBC reporters.
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Since the launch of GMB I have switched to watching a bit of Sunrise in the mornings before work (mainly for the weather),
    I have to say I find Miss Burley a thoroughly disagreeable person, she rates as highly as Phillip Schofield on the 'persons on TV who you cannot abide' list.
  • Pete_ukPete_uk Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gibsy wrote: »

Yes, but people have to find ways to bitch about Sky news, maybe because they are to silly to change the channel!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete_uk wrote: »
    Yes, but people have to find ways to bitch about Sky news, maybe because they are to silly to change the channel!

When you basically have BBC News, Sky News, CNN and Euronews there is not a lot of choice and Colin Brazier is doing a great job from the scene.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's anything anyone wouldn't say to her face.
  • supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find SN completely unwatchable. They regard sports news high above actual news with regular sports 'updates' every 15 minutes. However they have outdone themselves tonight. For the past 30 minutes there hasn't been a shred of world news, instead filling the entire broadcast with 3 identical reports of Mcilroy's win, two F1 reports, two England v India cricket reports and two Tour De France reports, followed by less relevant sports news.

Lets not forget the ad breaks full of the same annoying adverts with annoying jingles and songs we've heard for the 1000th time, interspersed with adverts showing off their own content and shows. As I nearly finish this rant there still hasn't been a mention or Ukraine or the Philippines disaster for example or any serious world news, just pure sports reporting.

Why anyone watches this channel is totally beyond me. They provide a pittance of actual world current affairs. It really is a joke of a 'news' channel.
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »
    I find SN completely unwatchable. They regard sports news high above actual news with regular sports 'updates' every 15 minutes. However they have outdone themselves tonight. For the past 30 minutes there hasn't been a shred of world news, instead filling the entire broadcast with 3 identical reports of Mcilroy's win, two F1 reports, two England v India cricket reports and two Tour De France reports, followed by less relevant sports news.

They always broadcast Sportsline at 7.30pm & 9.30pm every Saturday & Sunday (30 minutes each). It's a fixed programme in the schedule, similar to Sportsday on BBC News channel.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    When you basically have BBC News, Sky News, CNN and Euronews there is not a lot of choice and Colin Brazier is doing a great job from the scene.

Really?
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/20/sky-news-presenter-brazier-mh17-luggage-crash?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think all the reporters need to realise this is actually a Crime scene