Options

Survivor Season 20 Discussion. Villians Vs Heroes

Comments

• Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Do you really think its just going to be a case of the Heroes getting wiped out one by one, Kyle?

I hope it doesn't go like that, there has to be a couple of twists and blindsides in there. I'm expecting some aftermath to Parvati finding the idol and keeping it from Russell - he's bound to find out at some point and I think he will target Danielle, so that he has Parvati all to himself.

I don't think it'll be a simple pagonging. There's just too much going on IMO.

I reckon Villains will get the advantage and take out who they see as the biggest threat. That'll probably be JT, as he seems to be the most physically fit for the heroes.

Amanda could be the first off as well, as she has ties to Parvati. Parvati will probably show her loyalty by voting out Amanda. Maybe Russell finds out about her idol and that is her way of redeeming herself?

After that, I think maybe they could target Sandra as they have numbers and she's on the outside. Or Russell could want to get rid of Parvati or Danielle if he finds out about the idol.

Candice I could see jumping ship as well. She seems to be the smartest strategically and would probably be the next to go if the heroes got their way.

I think there's too many possibilities for it to go down as a simple pagonging.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way this season has gone so far, I wouldnt bet that its a Pagong, but I cant really see who would really allign from either side. I mean, its all really assumptions.. For all we know, Amanda and Parvati allign this week and make the final three together. Sandra and Candice both seem like they would flip, but I dont think flipping at this point does much good for anyone.

I'd say Amanda and JT will be the next two out in some order. Amanda for me presents the most rounded player on the Heroes tribe. She's got a good reputation in the game, usually has a level head and to be honest, is the only Hero left who seems to know what shes doing. JT wrote his own death letter by giving away the idol, and I actually could see Parvati and Russell voting him out first, just for the sheer fun of it. He's also by far the best physical player left, and an immunity loss will probably see him out.

I think the Villains are going to be a pretty tight unit from now on. Even though Russell and Parvati will probably fall out when he discovers the idol, I dont think he'd dump her. Its not like he'd have many options - Sandra despises him, Jerri is fairly useless and Danielle is rapidly becoming Parvati's bitch. I would rule out him going to the Heroes, just because they'll probably hate him after this week. Sandra of course could always flip, but I think she'll stay where she is. She doesnt really gain anything from flipping yet.

I think the key week would be the week of seven left. If Russell, Parvati and Danielle are still good, then the other two villains (Jerri and Sandra) may flip. I think the last two Heroes standing would be Candice and Rupert, and I have been sensing all season long that Candice will do something of value. Rupert and Sandra have history, so I guess that could happen.

I hope it changes up somehow. I want Candice and Sandra to do well. :)
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, a Candice/Sandra alliance would be pretty awesome. If they can both adopt the "As long as it ain't me" strategy, and always make sure the target is elsewhere, while watching each others back, they could do really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Actually, a Candice/Sandra alliance would be pretty awesome. If they can both adopt the "As long as it ain't me" strategy, and always make sure the target is elsewhere, while watching each others back, they could do really well.

It'd be awesome! And kind of ironic considering they are were the two players who were put onto the wrong tribes at the start of the season.

I actually kind of feel for Candice. I think if she'd actually been sorted into the villains, she'd be the prime candidate to win at the moment, assuming of course she'd have re-alligned with Parvati. I actually think they would have too - they were bff in Cook Islands, and considering Candice doesnt really seem to be able to allign with anyone, Parv would have been the obvious choice.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we were to make a poll to find out our favourites I wonder who'd win at this stage. Sandra? :confused: I'd vote for Candice.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would vote for Candice too. Or maybe Sandra. I actually would say that Amanda is the one i'd like to see win the most of those remaining, but I prefer Candice overall, just because its her second time playing, and Amanda's third.

I probably would have voted for Courtney if we had done this last week! It really saddens me to think that she'll probably never be on tv again after this season ends. :(

The Amazing Race should snap her and Sandra up as a team asap! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A poll would be a cool idea.

Sandra is definitely my fave, I've always liked her anyway, but since Rob was voted out she's the one I'm rooting for the most. Candice is a close second. Don't really care too much about the others, I do like Jerri but she has been quite pathetic recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh. That reminds me! I had a horrible dream the other night that on the opening night of Big Brother 12, Russell Hantz was the secret housemate, ala Jessie last year. :(

I hate to think it, but does anyone else get the impression that CBS just arent done with Russell yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    The Amazing Race should snap her and Sandra up as a team asap! :p

Ha, imagine them trying to decide who should do a Roadblock task. "You do it." "No, you do it." :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh. That reminds me! I had a horrible dream the other night that on the opening night of Big Brother 12, Russell Hantz was the secret housemate, ala Jessie last year. :(

I hate to think it, but does anyone else get the impression that CBS just arent done with Russell yet?

Oh that would be awful. But surely he'd be voted out straight away, unless he was given some sort of immunity for the first couple of weeks. I wouldn't put it past CBS and Grodner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of the Amazing Race, is it worth me starting to watch? :) I watched the start of this season with Jeff and Jordan, but havent really bothered since then, though I have sort of been following the results online.

When this season of Survivor ends, it'll be the last of a long line of programmes I like ending their current run, and i'll need something to tie me over for the Summer. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, who would everyone say is their least favourite?

Im tempted to answer either one of Parvati's bitches, or JT, but I think im gonna have to give it to Rupert, for obvious reasons. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think most people who watch Survivor would like The Amazing Race although ofcourse they are different kinds of shows.

Watch one of the seasons with Charla & Mirna because I think you will like them.:)

My least favourite is Russell really because I find him most annoying.:( Though as a player he's quite good, two seasons in a row of the Russell-season is just too much.

I'm also surprising myself by not really liking Parvati at all this time around, though I've been a fan of hers in the past. And I mean both in personality and a game-sense. Maybe I'll like her more if she is more active after the merge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sort of undecided about Parvati at the moment. She seems a lot more mean spirited than she did in her other seasons, and actually, I think if I met her i'd absolutely despise her, but at the same time, I think she's hamming up her villain reputation.

I much prefer her to a few of the others though - Rupert needs to grow up and stop living in fantasy world, Russell needs a real reality check, Colby is a real wet blanket, JT is a moron, Jerri seems a bit of a nervous wreck, and Danielle seems to annoy me more and more by the week. I wasnt a fan of hers as such before this season, but I liked her more than I disliked her. She's just really getting under my skin every time we see her at the moment, and I cant quite put my finger on why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of the Amazing Race, is it worth me starting to watch? :) I watched the start of this season with Jeff and Jordan, but havent really bothered since then, though I have sort of been following the results online.

When this season of Survivor ends, it'll be the last of a long line of programmes I like ending their current run, and i'll need something to tie me over for the Summer. :p

The Amazing Race is pretty good, especially the earlier seasons, Season 1-7. But its quite repetitive, I don't get anywhere near as excited and in to it as I do Survivor or Big Brother USA, but its enjoyable enough to pass the time.

I watched The Amazing Race before Survivor actually. In fact, I first started with Big Brother USA, which I began watching during Season 8 because the British series at the point (BB8) was so awful that I turned off. I got hooked on BBUS, downloaded all the previous seasons, and from there I went to The Amazing Race (because I knew Alison from BB4 took part in one of the seasons). Then from The Amazing Race I went on to Survivor, because of Rob and Amber.

I'd probably say overall Survivor is the best show, although I love Big Brother US Season 2 and 3.
    Oh and also, who would everyone say is their least favourite?

Im tempted to answer either one of Parvati's bitches, or JT, but I think im gonna have to give it to Rupert, for obvious reasons. :p

My least favourite is Russell, for obvious reasons. I don't like Parvati much either. Rupert is an idiot, but he's so pathetic I don't even have the effort to hate on him. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one stage where I prefer TAR to Survivor, but now I definitely think Survivor is the better show.

But the thing with TAR. Its pretty consistantly enjoyable though it does get repetitive. It's got a formula which kinda works regardless of the contestants though obvious that matters a little, whereas I think with Survivor the quality is more variable and you get good and bad seasons.

Though theres been a few TAR seasons which I didn't enjoy because I didn't like anyone.:( I'm thinking TAR13.

But overall thats happened more with Survivor. A lot more seasons became a chore to watch like Tocantins, Fiji, Cook Islands. Thinking about it the hit rate for a Survivor season is maybe something like one in two, though that might have gone up a bit recently because Survivors been on a good run lately.

TAR is also not something you can discuss for hours like this thread though.:p It's more like something you can just watch and then forget about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this weeks ep.

Good episode. I like Parvati a little more again after the move she pulled there.:p Stupid JT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Parvati! Loved her move this week, although I haven't seen her in any previous seasons (at least not that I remember, I watched the first few seasons, then dipped in and out but have watched the last few solidly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: What an utterly brilliant tribal council. I absolutely love this season. By far and away the most gripping I've ever watched ( and I've seen them all)

JT, you're a dork, you got what you deserved. I'm still reeling at Parvati. What a player.
    Still cant decide if it was good or bad in the long run.

:) Cant wait for Parvati's explaination of it all to lil Russall, methinks he'll be gunning for her now. Oh joy!

Is JT the only one ever to be voted out by his own idol?
  • Options
    MoxieMoxie Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving JT being voted out by his own idol! I suppose Parvati's got nothing to lose, she has won it once already, so can afford to make big moves. I don't like her much this season though. In fact I don't really like any of those left much!
  • Options
    steve9999steve9999 Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JT, you're a dork, you got what you deserved. I'm still reeling at Parvati. What a player.
    Still cant decide if it was good or bad in the long run.

Excellent move by Parvati tho i reckon the perfect move was just to give one idol to Jerri.She knew Amanda(christ she gets worse the more she plays this game!) was lying.Therefore you can assume Sandra has told the heroes so they wouldn't vote for her.Plus why try and save Sandra? you know she can flip in a heartbeat...But still it's a move that could win her the game

And who knew Rupert the voice of reason!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is everyone watching Survivor please? I normally watch on youtube but it seems as if episode 11 has been removed due to cpoyright reasons. Would be glad if someone could PM me as I'm trying to avoid reading the posts! Thank you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Where is everyone watching Survivor please? I normally watch on youtube but it seems as if episode 11 has been removed due to cpoyright reasons. Would be glad if someone could PM me as I'm trying to avoid reading the posts! Thank you.

Sent you a PM about it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an amazing episode! This season has really really picked up for me in the last three episodes and is now one of my top 5 favourite seasons ever. What a fantastic TC and overall solid episode.

I was literally jumping for joy around the room when Parvati pulled out the idol. Then she gave it to Sandra and I was thinking "please give the other one to Jerri" and when she did I was so happy :D

IMO, the way it went down was mainly down to JT and Amanda. JT for coming up with the stupid plan in the first place and Amanda for telling Parvati to play the idol. It was blatently obvious from then that the heroes wouldn't be voting her. Why would Amanda risk going into the minority?

Anyway, great strategic play from Parvati there. Definetely a very good player and much better on the whole than Russell IMO. She plays both a great strategic and great social game.

Also great to see that Sandra once again avoided getting any votes in TC even without the idol. That makes 66 days without even having a single vote against her (only votes to win) which is a very impressive run.

My top 3 at the moment are Sandra, Candice and Parvati in that order (Parvati taking Courtney's vacant spot).
  • Options
    steve9999steve9999 Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My top 3 at the moment are Sandra, Candice and Parvati in that order (Parvati taking Courtney's vacant spot).[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed in Candice quitting the challenge