Options

Tassimo Machines

UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My flatmate is thinking of buying a Tassimo and was wondering what the difference in taste is? I'm not bothered about having a "proper" coffee taste from proper beans or whatnot, it's just something to awaken me up. I LOVE milka chocolate but I'm imagining the milka hot chocolate won't really taste of the same stuff? I also noticed Suchards but I think that's quite a rich chocolate taste?

Also the tea? How does it compare to an everyday tea bag? I've had a wee search on here but most of the threads talk about the coffee and little about the tea or the hot chocolate.

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have only had tea from one of these Tassimo contraptions and tbh it tasted like something you get from a vending machine. Not very nice.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only had tea from one of these Tassimo contraptions and tbh it tasted like something you get from a vending machine. Not very nice.

Shite. Have got my mum one for Christmas. Pretend that your last post was a joke ;)
  • Options
    Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive got a dolce gusto machine

http://www.gadgetspeak.com/content/images/nescafe_machine_noire_latte.jpg

it's lovely! hot chocolate and coffee from it is yummy
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lola UK wrote: »
    Ive got a dolce gusto machine

http://www.gadgetspeak.com/content/images/nescafe_machine_noire_latte.jpg

it's lovely! hot chocolate and coffee from it is yummy

Got both :o must admit prefer the Tassimo I drink the tea quite a lot and we often have a hot chocolate befor bed the only problem we find is making sure you use the right size cup and the Tassimo is a lot easier to keep clean
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very fond of my Tassimo, it makes excellent tea, coffee and chocolate. It is quite expensive to run, though, in terms of buying the pods.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    I used to have a Tassimo, i got rid of it after a week and swapped it with my friend for his Dolce Gusto, have also got a Senseo as well
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend had one and didn't like it, coupled with the cost, she ended up flogging it on eBay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot about this thread :p He got one the other day and I tried a hot chocolate but didn't think much of it. I prefer my hot chocolate made with milk rather than water, I can't shake the feeling that it's basically chocolate water I'm drinking.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    I've got a Gaggia espresso machine which makes much better coffee than the Tassimo or Senseo.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    My friend had one and didn't like it, coupled with the cost, she ended up flogging it on eBay.

Your friend could buy a used or new Gaggia on ebay there's no comparison if you want quality ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also to add it's so blooming noisy! I thought they were digging up my street when I first heard it.
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want a dolce gusto machine and no matter how many hints i drop - hubby never picks up on them. I think i am going to have to buy one myself! They were £45 in argos a few weeks ago and i wish i had bought one then!
  • Options
    Color of NightColor of Night Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am on my second Tassimo. After the first one went I wasn't going to get another one but we only lasted a couple of weeks & thankfully my mum offered me hers as she wasn't using it much.
    It makes lovely lattes & hot chocolate drinks, wouldn't be without it now.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    250g of senseo is £3.62
    250g of tassimo kenco £6.36

250g premium filter coffee £2.00

A nice marketing gimmick
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a dolce gusto for a while which was great, but i 'upgraded' to a nespresso.

fabulous. i got mine from selfridges in the trafford centre manchester but you can get them online or in london. the coffee isn't available in supermarkets either, only at the coffee boutiques, but is really really good quality.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    250g of senseo is £3.62
    250g of tassimo kenco £6.36

250g premium filter coffee £2.00

A nice marketing gimmick

This.You're paying more for the packaging than the product.The coffee is allright but a complete rip off.