Sky HD box self install delivery...

sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
Not sure if this should be posted in this forum or the sky general forum so apologies if it's the wrong location.

I am awaiting a new HD box which I ordered on Monday. They said it woulD be delivered by the 6th at the latest, to date no sign.

My sky account online shows it's being processed but today it's disappeared, so rang them. Apparently the online system to track orders does not always show the correct status.

I was told when I ordered that it would be parcel force who deliver but today they said I may not get a tracking number as sky sometimes deliver it themselves in their own installer vans.

Does anybody have any experience of waiting for a self install box?

Comments

• JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Yes I do and it came within the time frame Sky said it would.
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I do and it came within the time frame Sky said it would.

Did you get a tracking number? Or was it delivered by an installer?

Did the time quoted include a weekend?
    Forum Member
    sps1013 wrote: »

No I didn't have (or look for) a tracking number, I was told it would be delivered by' Wednesday next week' and it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the info. I guess it did include a weekend.

Trouble is. Can't afford to have somebody in the house on the off chance it will arrive one day or another.
    Forum Member
    Wasn't an issue for me as someone is home almost all the time but at least if your not in you'll get a card to rearrange delivery at a time to suit you (or you should).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ordered mine Monday night, had a tracking number Tuesday and was delivered Wednesday by parcel force. I thought that was how they sent the items out, the invoice did say items would be delivered within 28 days.
    I hope you get yours soon
  • richestrichest Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It gets delivered by a company such as DHL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bewitched wrote: »
    I ordered mine Monday night, had a tracking number Tuesday and was delivered Wednesday by parcel force. I thought that was how they sent the items out, the invoice did say items would be delivered within 28 days.

This last Monday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So do I! I have no sky!
    Forum Member
    So do I! I have no sky!

My box was a replacement, in your position I would have been less relaxed about it. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My feeling is the box won't arrive until next week. Can't see it arriving tomorrow and certainly not Saturday for a standard courier, even though they charged £15 delivery!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would give it until Monday and then call Sky CS if there's no sign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sps1013,Yeah, ordered on Mon 1st, box here wednesday 3rd. I thought that was very quick for Sky. Not complaining though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sps1013,Yeah, ordered on Mon 1st, box here wednesday 3rd. I thought that was very quick for Sky. Not complaining though.

Well still nothing for me. No change on the order status either on the online tool.

Just out of curiosity who delivered yours?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parcel force.I would give them till monday then chase it up they might be able to give you an update.
    I hope it gets delivered soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parcel force.I would give them till monday then chase it up they might be able to give you an update.

So do I! No decent tv other than free view at the moment!

What is concerning is every other time I check my online order status it either says, processing or you have no orders. Customer services reckon there is an order but not sure myself now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do I! No decent tv other than free view at the moment!

What is concerning is every other time I check my online order status it either says, processing or you have no orders. Customer services reckon there is an order but not sure myself now!

DON'T WORRY........I had the same messages, but it still arrived on the appointed day.!!:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DON'T WORRY........I had the same messages, but it still arrived on the appointed day.!!:):)

However the 6th is a Sunday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However the 6th is a Sunday!

Now you are really nitpicking....but a very good point. OOOPs on my part for not spotting that.

On the positive side though...he has still got the rest of today and 5th to go yet. Let us not be negative....you know you can rely on SKY.
  • TrinitronHDTrinitronHD Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. I wasn't in so they left it at my local post office, I just went along there and collected it the same day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now you are really nitpicking....but a very good point. OOOPs on my part for not spotting that.

On the positive side though...he has still got the rest of today and 5th to go yet. Let us not be negative....you know you can rely on SKY.

Sorry did not mean to sound picky!!

As for the Saturday delivery, guess parcelforce wont turn up on saturday as sky would not pay the sat surcharge!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry did not mean to sound picky!!

As for the Saturday delivery, guess parcelforce wont turn up on saturday as sky would not pay the sat surcharge!

Of course you weren't being picky...I was only joking.:o
    Hope you get it soon...I don't like the waiting either.
  • mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    i saw about ten home installs with my time at sky. most of them were the older bigger boxes and if they were the newer ones they were def refurbs so just a warning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw about ten home installs with my time at sky. most of them were the older bigger boxes and if they were the newer ones they were def refurbs so just a warning.

Not quite sure what you are getting at?

The box I am waiting for is a 1TB box
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No box. Be on the blower to them later.