Corrie's Factory

gboygboy Posts: 4,989
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else thought that Underworld is appropriately named,considering the factory's long association with death?
  • Wiki's Polish friend died there;
  • Tony Gordon and his mad mate from 'Vicar of Dibley' died there;
  • It played host to Colin Fishwick's body for a while;
  • And now Frank Foster is about to add his corpse to the list...
Also, Mike Baldwin died on its doorstep (almost), and two previous owners (Liam and Paul) died in unfortunate circumstances.

It could rival Emmerdale's Home Farm as a 'place of death'.

Comments

• jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I dunno if it was in the place it is now, but Emily Bishops husband Ernest was shot in the factory too.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,447
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I dunno if it was in the place it is now, but Emily Bishops husband Ernest was shot in the factory too.

No that was Mike Baldwins old factory from years ago, but there's still clearly a curse on Corrie St factories:cry:!!

Underworld is also a magic factory though, as the inside is 4 times bigger than what it looks like from the outside!! Amazing:eek:!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought the factory was where the newer house are now, where Gail etc. live.
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    I thought the factory was where the newer house are now, where Gail etc. live.

Yeah it was, then it got knocked down. Vera and Ivy Tilsley pre-trout pout days used to work there:)
  • rooney_546rooney_546 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I remember watching it as a very little girl and seeing Sally sitting on her doorstep with her leg in plaster and crutches by her chair, watching the wrecking ball demolishing the factory. Funny what you remember!
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Definitely a morbid place! Fitting that it's owned by the Black Widow of the street and all! :)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    No that was Mike Baldwins old factory from years ago, but there's still clearly a curse on Corrie St factories:cry:!!

Underworld is also a magic factory though, as the inside is 4 times bigger than what it looks like from the outside!! Amazing:eek:!!

I thought it was in a different place before.
    Forum Member
    I thought it was in a different place before.

It was, it was the other end about where Audrey's salon is now:)!
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Has anyone else thought that Underworld is appropriately named,considering the factory's long association with death?
    • Wiki's Polish friend died there;
    • Tony Gordon and his mad mate from 'Vicar of Dibley' died there;
    • It played host to Colin Fishwick's body for a while;
    • And now Frank Foster is about to add his corpse to the list...
    Also, Mike Baldwin died on its doorstep (almost), and two previous owners (Liam and Paul) died in unfortunate circumstances.

It could rival Emmerdale's Home Farm as a 'place of death'.

I just know i wouldn't want to work there.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member

Mike Baldwins denim jeans factory was still in the same place as the Underworld factory though!
    This was where Emily's husband met his death!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    maybe fiz and cotton could have an accidental death there..maybe another trip down the stairs will do it lol
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Mike Baldwins denim jeans factory was still in the same place as the Underworld factory though!
    This was where Emily's husband met his death!

No I'm sure it was the other end of the Street where Audrey's salon is now:confused:??

And it was demolished to make way for the houses where the Platts, Websters and Windass' live now? Baldwin then set up Underworld many years later:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    maybe fiz and cotton could have an accidental death there..maybe another trip down the stairs will do it lol

We can hope:D