I can't believe how old Coleen is....

Comments

• riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Colleen is actually older than 47. I saw her dancing in the video of the 1979 "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" and she looked at least 16 in that, quite possibly older. But if she's 47, then would mean she was about 13/14 in that video.

Yes, she was 14 in that video! Used to love them when I was a kid and was so jealous of Coleen Nolan being in a pop group at 14! :o
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a terrible topic.. Slating a woman for her appearance.. I hope all those nasty posters look fantastic 24/7 with no hair out of place and a full face of slap everyday...
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she was 14 in that video! Used to love them when I was a kid and was so jealous of Coleen Nolan being in a pop group at 14! :o

Wow she was a mature-looking 14 year old then! I think Colleen looks fine for 47 though, she just needs to lay off the cigs a bit.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    As well as looks that may be why a lot of people think she is older than she is as she has been around (on TV ect ) for 30 odd years already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    What a terrible topic.. Slating a woman for her appearance.. I hope all those nasty posters look fantastic 24/7 with no hair out of place and a full face of slap everyday...

Spot on lovely.
  • ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    OK, I am 31 so I know what 'around 30' tends to look like. Before I found out, I guessed the prince as a little older than me, mid 30's maybe. He could have also passed for a 'young 40' or 'mature 30'. Coleen is 6 years younger than my mum and 3 years younger than my youngest aunty. To me, in her face, she looks about her age. No older. She doesn't look old to me. It's the face that you look at.
  • ShantanShantan Posts: 6,423
    Forum Member
    No she looks decent for her age. I think the Prince looks like he's in his 40s too. The one that looks old is The Situation, I'm sure he's lying about his age and Pauly D from JS.
    Forum Member
    OK, I am 31 so I know what 'around 30' tends to look like. Before I found out, I guessed the prince as a little older than me, mid 30's maybe. He could have also passed for a 'young 40' or 'mature 30'. Coleen is 6 years younger than my mum and 3 years younger than my youngest aunty. To me, in her face, she looks about her age. No older. She doesn't look old to me. It's the face that you look at.

Very intelligent sensible post from a young un.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trifle? wrote: »
    Colleen looks mumsy and frumpy, and like another poster said, has a sad manner about her. Her hair is too dark for her colouring and her skin is suffering from the smoking.

Poor Coleen.

The poor girl is wearing comfy stuff in the house and she gets called frumpy! Julie wore similar stuff - no one ever called her frumpy. Indeed, all the men are wearing similar clothes - dont hear anyone calling them frumpy.

As for her skin - not sure how you can tell - the camera never gets THAT close :confused:

Is she sposed to be glam 100% of the time? :confused: I often walk round the house with no make up on and tracky bottoms and vest top - does that make me frumpy? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Shantan wrote: »
    No she looks decent for her age. I think the Prince looks like he's in his 40s too. The one that looks old is The Situation, I'm sure he's lying about his age and Pauly D from JS.

Thanks for bringing some sanity and intelligence to this thread.
    Forum Member
    TBH I have no real problem with her really I have meet her a a few occasions about 10 years ago I guess when The Nolan's were doing a few shows here even then I would have put her as what she is now.

TBH I know quite a few people her age and most them them look younger than she does so either they all look young or she looks old but either way does it matter if she looks older it seems to be the theme for this years BB as most of this years HM's in normal BB looked much older than they were
  • BeequeenBeequeen Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    The fact that she's overweight and rather frumpy doesn't help, but I think she cleans up nicely. I give her props for letting it all hang out, sans makeup, on television. She hasn't had any work done either, so she's not pulled and tweaked to within an inch of her life, unlike many celebs.I think if she lost the weight, changed her hair and style of dress, she'd look pretty good.
  • DeccaQuinneDeccaQuinne Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kara_a wrote: »
    This topic has probably been mentioned before however I felt a sudden realisation haha Coleen is ONLY 7 years older than The Prince. She looks old enough to be his mother. :eek:

She's not that bad - she's just a bit fat. There's no real wrinkles.
    Forum Member
    Beequeen wrote: »
    The fact that she's overweight and rather frumpy doesn't help, but I think she cleans up nicely. I give her props for letting it all hang out, sans makeup, on television. She hasn't had any work done either, so she's not pulled and tweaked to within an inch of her life, unlike many celebs.I think if she lost the weight, changed her hair and style of dress, she'd look pretty good.

I despise Coleen as a person but sorry lovely she looks better than you.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I think it's more that Lorenzo looks incredibly young for 40, Coleen looks about 47 imo

Lorenzo's had a very very easy life and if he has Italian genes that means tanning won't affect his skin until he's older. Colleen is Irish with pale skin is not a vain type of person anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I reckon Colleen is actually older than 47. I saw her dancing in the video of the 1979 "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" and she looked at least 16 in that, quite possibly older. But if she's 47, then would mean she was about 13/14 in that video.

Blimey !!!:D:D:D You poor thing !!! were you forced to watch it !!!!:p:p
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delly wrote: »
    :mad:

I think Coleen looks an attractive 47 and certainly not old enough to be his Mother!!

It kinda depends on how old the prince looks.

If he looks, say, 30, and Coleen looks 47 or older, then she looks old enough to be his mother. Why not?
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    It kinda depends on how old the prince looks.

If he looks, say, 30, and Coleen looks 47 or older, then she looks old enough to be his mother. Why not?

Well given the age kids have kids if she looks anything more than 13 years older than him you could say she looks old enough to be his Mum
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Coleen did not sing on that record. It came out Nov 1979. She did appear dancing in the video that was made for it a bit later once it was a hit in Feb 1980. She would then have been 15 or almost 15 -she was born in March 1965. After that she appeared as one of the Nolans.

She has said she was 15 at the time she made the video and I can remember her being introduced on TV as the 'new' sister aged 15.

So that all fits with her being 47 now. She has been consistent about her age. There's no reason to believe she's any older. She absolutely does not look the age of Prince Lorenzo's mother. I don't know how old she is but his father is in his mid 70s.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Nolans were my first ever concert. I was 11 I think... :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    lightupvm wrote: »
    This topic is so sexist, it makes me feel physically sick.
    YosserH wrote: »
    I dislike Coleen immensely, but this thread is beyond nasty.
    Yosser it's rotten,:cry:
    Olive2 wrote: »
    Some just can't let go,just another Coleen bash thread.
    So sad
    It is an "ugly" behaviour :(

Oh boo hoo, really. She looks just like John McCririck ok?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I think she looks older 47, maybe around the early fifties mark but my husband did say at the beginning that he thought she was in her 60's!
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think she looks too bad at all, but that maxi dress she wears with all the circular patterns on it is horrendous! Her dress sense really doesn't help her, but I don't think she looks old or haggard in the face! God, are all the FMs here glamour pusses or what! :p

PMSL.you should see me first thing in the morning :D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she looks older 47, maybe around the early fifties mark but my husband did say at the beginning that he thought she was in her 60's!

I'd take him to an optician .. She doesn't look in her 60s at all.. People should be ashamed of the abuse they are piling on Coleen.its getting rediculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I'd take him to an optician .. She doesn't look in her 60s at all.. People should be ashamed of the abuse they are piling on Coleen.its getting rediculous

How is it abuse, it's an opinion. In his opinion he thought she looked in her 60's.