Options

Jac Naylor Life, Loves, History, Future Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Just checked - jac does repeat it and it being a Tuesday makes me think it isn't a blooper. They have, for whatever reason, decided to fudge the dates. I suspect it is just that they couldn't fit it in with everything else that has happened in the first 3 months of the season - 5 big departures, 2 arrivals (so far), Christmas and the stand alone episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes he realised that looking after a heavily pregnant woman might be upsetting but seems completely incapable of realising that flaunting a new relationship with a colleague is going to be just as, if not more upsetting to Jac. Move on if he must, move on with someone you work with if you must, but have the decency to keep it discreet. It would be upsetting for Jhac to see them snogging but almost worse is the rest of the departmental staff seeing it, gossiping, sniggering behind their backs when they know that Jac is pregnant with Jonny's child and not in a new relationship herself. It wouldn't be quite as bad if they had both obviously moved on but she hasn't.

He is waking up with his stomach in knots every morning? I'm sure he is but how does he imagine Jac is feeling? All that worry, usual physical pregnancy discomfort and pain and she is totally alone. He is an inconsiderate prat.

I completely agree; she deserves so much more than him. I kept expecting Jac to appear during their very public make out sessions. Of course I feel sorry for Jonny, but how the writers are still expecting us to truly like him as a character is kind of beyond me. I'm not entirely sure what the writers are trying to achieve with pairing him with Bonnie, as in my opinion it's only painting him in a bad light (though obviously he's been a very ignorant character since well before she was introduced).
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Update from the verse that is Twitter:

no reply from Oliver Kent yet, but if Jac repeated it must be a fudge (very badly done though!!!)

And just for you kitkat, and any other Tim Vine fans out there, something he tweeted (which was re-tweeted by our very own clover in her pauseliveaction guise) which made me smile :):
    Notice in my Hotel room- 'For your comfort, a fan may be found in your wardrobe.' I daren't look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. I adore Tim Vine. I'll have to forward it to Hubby - he is in a hotel tonight as away for work.

They are Definately fudging it for some reason and have just assumed we wouldn't notice.

I did feel like going 'damned right, she has just found out she is going to be pregnant for 10 months and they are still saying they are delivering early' when Jonny remarked Mr T had just given them bad news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. I adore Tim Vine. I'll have to forward it to Hubby - he is in a hotel tonight as away for work.

They are Definately fudging it for some reason and have just assumed we wouldn't notice.

I did feel like going 'damned right, she has just found out she is going to be pregnant for 10 months and they are still saying they are delivering early' when Jonny remarked Mr T had just given them bad news.

Yes, it's a very poor show if they are though - they really should have realised they were going to have a s/l log jam (if that is the reason for it) and adjusted things accordingly (after all Jac and Jonny could theoretically have slept together at any time)

And you're quite right about the bad news :D although the 10 months thing hadn't occured to me. But if that is as difficult as their news gets then I'll definiely take it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is possible that it has got cocked up with the Production changes at the top and perhaps other actors deciding not to renew their contracts (which they might only need to give a couple of months notice for) in which case it isn't really their fault. Like with Chrissie's 7 month pregnancy, sometimes real life circumstances (in that case Hobley falling pregnant and needing to finish filming within 5 months when they'd only just done the miscarriage plot) happen and they have to do the best they can with it.

What I mean is, JY started the pregnancy storyline, perhaps intending the birth to happen at Christmas or early in the New Year (he did say Jac's story was mapped out for the year) but then Drummond, Akingbole, Hobley etc gave notice and they realised they were going to have to deal with those departures in the Autumn / early winter as well as introducing replacements and they couldn't fir it all in. What to do, relegate the birth to a C plot or shove it back a month so they can give it the time and attention it deserves.

I'm trying to come up with a kind explanation for the change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Train of thought goes choo, choo. I wonder how many (if any) changes have been made to long running plots in the Production change? Just, if you think about it, things like jac's pregnancy and Rachel's cancer leading to troubles in the Levy marriage were started by the last regime but continued (or finished) by the current one. So, I wonder if they have tweeked or even majorly changed anything from the original plans? I suspect that the CDH was planned from the start but perhaps the Bonnie complication has come from the new team?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could well be - I suppose new brooms do want to make their mark!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Christmas spoilers make no mention of Jac (though the cast list hasn't been released yet), so that rules out a Christmas birth. Maybe we are looking at the Feb 4th episode for the birth?

Spoiler tagging to be on the safe side
  • Options
    sohvimussohvimus Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    NeverSoShy wrote: »
    The Christmas spoilers make no mention of Jac (though the cast list hasn't been released yet), so that rules out a Christmas birth. Maybe we are looking at the Feb 4th episode for the birth?

Spoiler tagging to be on the safe side
    Well, what we have heard that on 7th January there would be an episode that is very Jac and Jonny centred, so we are sort of expecting that the birth might actually happen in that episode, or around that time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    Could well be - I suppose new brooms do want to make their mark!!!

I'd say it was inevitable otherwise they are basically running the former producers storylines for months and months (if not years) into their own 'reign' which seems a little odd.

Obviously there has to be a transition period, where storylines run their course, they will be filming stuff under the new producer which was storyline or even scripted under the last for some time due to things having to be done so far in advance - it is not as though one leaves on Friday and it is al change the following Monday but really long running plots will be an issue and the pregnancy, by virtue of it being 9 months and there (hopefully) being a baby at the end is a very long running plot with future consequences and really is is the only one (other than Chrissie's Cancer and marriage break down) that has been going for months under the last team and is having to continue under the new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A bit more on the 17th of Dec episode from the RT website

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cqycxz/holby-city--series-16---10-fathers-day

and
    Jac is in it (but no Jonny [or Bonnie]) apparently on a one-woman mission to get Elliot back into theatre (although as Mo is in it too, suspect it might be a pincer movement!!)
    And its written by Joe Ainsworth who I think is usually quite good?

Also, with regards to the new DS spoilers I do hope
    Mo's Christmas present involves Mr T (and not Sacha) and he is in the Christmas episode so fingers crossed!!!!

Also, had a thought last night that whenever 'wee baby Nayonie' is born (and there's still no reply to my tweet from O.K !) assuming she survives the birth, presumably she's going to need an operation and I was thinking it'd be neat if they brought back Prof Gleason to do it!! After all, he is a paediatric cardiac surgeon so therefore, presumably more qualified than Elliott (who I'm guessing shouldn't really be able to do it anyway, given his relationship with the parents - not that that's ever stopped them on Holby before :D). Don't suppose they will but you never know......

Was just thinking about episode 13 (7th Jan)
    which we all know is Jac/Jonny centred and am thinking it will either be the birth episode (which would definitely be big for them) or possibly where, for some reason, they finally actually talk things through properly (which would be big for them in a different way). I think the two are probably mutually exclusive though (can't see many people having deep and meaningfuls whilst in labour :)). On balance I think I'd rather it was the second, not only because it'd be nice for them to reach some level of shared understanding before the baby is born but also because if the baby's planned due date is the 4th of Feb, then the fact that she's being born early will at the very least throw all the medical plans up in the air, and could even worse indicate some kind of problem with either baby, Jac or both, and will also add the complication of her being premature to the CDH. And I know 34 weeks isn't that early but I'm sure I read somewhere that babies double in weight in the last 6 weeks (although now I've said it I'm doubting that can be true [maybe it's that they increase by 50%??]) and, because her lung development is already compromised by the CDH would imagine that the closer she could get to term the better.

Also, have now decided to give up on the idea of a Jac/Jonny re-union for the moment (with an assumption that the PtB will come back to it at some point in the future [probably if/when Bonnie is off the scene] because they know what a draw it is) and instead concentrate all my hopes on Jac (and Jonny) getting a healthy baby (or one who has the potential to be after some treatment) at the end of this pregnancy s/l.

On the Jonny/Bonnie question am also going to try not to mind them being together so much. I don't dislike Bonnie and think that (objectively speaking - forgetting about the Jac factor) she and Jonny do make a good couple, especially (and it pains me to say it) on the evidence of this week's episode.
    Also, whilst I do get (and sort of share) your annoyance/unease about Jonny's very obvious displays of affection towards Bonnie I can see (with my 'let's try to be fair' head on) why he might be doing it. It's very early in the relationship when you tend to be more touchy feely. He is, I think, naturally, a demonstrative, affectionate kind of guy. And I think he's probably enjoying the fact that he can do this now - that Bonnie doesn't mind him grinning at her inanely in the lift or kissing her where there's a possibility others might see (which has never been one of Jac's strong suits!!). And I really don't think he actually has any idea at all about how (we think) Jac still feels about him, and she's given him no cause to think it either - her 'got the T-shirt' speech to Bonnie (whether she meant it or not) being a perfect example.

Have to say though I was dreading Jac either walking in on them in the locker room at the beginning, or out of the lift at the end of the episode and seeing them kissing - and really expected her to as well. And I have a sneaky suspicion that was exactly what the writers wanted us to feel/think......sometimes they are awfully good at manipulating our emotions aren't they??

ETA: Also, am now following Tim Vine on Twitter so, if he posts any more gems, will pass them on. He's actually recently recommended 'Saving Mr Banks' (I'm presuming seriously, rather than in an ironic way) which, coincidentally has a screenplay that was written by Kelly Marcel - Rosie's sister so there is a link to this thread!!!
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why finding out the baby will be born at 38 weeks was such bad news for Jac and Jonny??

I had my first baby at 42 weeks (and thought it would never end!), my second at 40 weeks and when my third came along and my obstetrician said she would bring me in at 39 weeks (they were all c sections for medical reasons) I was over the moon!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was a little surprised as to that. Surely they knew that given the circumstances they would probably want to induce or C-section (them decide when she is coming rather than the baby doing it) to ensure all the correct staff were there in case they need to operate immediately or something, in which case they'd do it early.

I think maybe it was supposed to make it more 'real' Whilst she 'stays in there' as Jonny put it, they can bury their heads in the sand a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure why finding out the baby will be born at 38 weeks was such bad news for Jac and Jonny??

I had my first baby at 42 weeks (and thought it would never end!), my second at 40 weeks and when my third came along and my obstetrician said she would bring me in at 39 weeks (they were all c sections for medical reasons) I was over the moon!!
    I was a little surprised as to that. Surely they knew that given the circumstances they would probably want to induce or C-section (them decide when she is coming rather than the baby doing it) to ensure all the correct staff were there in case they need to operate immediately or something, in which case they'd do it early.

I think maybe it was supposed to make it more 'real' Whilst she 'stays in there' as Jonny put it, they can bury their heads in the sand a little.

I didn't think it'd be anything as 'ordinary' as that either, was imagining all sorts of terrible things from the spoilers (which again I'm wondering was a deliberate ploy on the spolierer's part) so was mightily relieved when it was only that. I'm sure they would have been told all this before, and if they hadn't even the slightest bit of research would have told them (I found out after a 5 minute look at the CDH-UK website for example) but I suppose knowing about something in an esoteric (? if that's the right word) is very different to being confronted by the actual concrete reality of a date being set. Also, further to your point kitkat, about them being able to bury their heads do wonder if its also something about the fact that the baby is/will be safe until she's born. So having a fixed date makes them think more about the possibility of her not being safe anymore and them losing her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that must be it. As long as the baby is inside Jac she is "safe" but as soon as she is born all the problems start.

I'm not liking Jonny too much at the moment but I was touched when he said "our baby won't be born in joy" or words to that effect - it really brings it home what they will be facing on that day which should be such a happy one for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree it is horrible for Jonny as well as Jac and whilst I imagine all prospective parents have a fear something will go wrong with the birth or they'll be some kind of unforseen problem, to know in advance that the baby is likely to die at bith or soon afterwards must be unbearable. I can see why he needs someone but I really think he should be making more of an effort with Jac as she is the other one in it, the only other one that can really understand and he is hurting her more by being with Bonnie. Even if she isn't jealous (which Wiggles is right might not have struck him) he must realise that she will be feeling scared and isolated and him being with someone, someone he could potentially just start again and have another baby with will increase those feelings.

I felt for him (and Bonnie) when he ranted at her that she couldn't understand and he couldn't deal with her. I think i'd have respected him more if at the end he had apologized but said they needed to cool things until the baby was born, he had a better idea of what the future held and was able to get his head straight. I think that would be the fairest (and most sensible) action for everybody involved - certainly Jac and Bonnie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For all of the Jac/Joseph fans out there, our very own clover (in her actual guise as a proper published author) has written a rather lovely Christmas story featuring them

http://suehaasler.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/story-cumbrian-christmas/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    For all of the Jac/Joseph fans out there, our very own clover (in her actual guise as a proper published author) has written a rather lovely Christmas story featuring them

http://suehaasler.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/story-cumbrian-christmas/

Omg - I'm all emotional after reading that! So bitter sweet.

Makes me all nostalgic for the wonder that was Jac and Joseph :cry:
  • Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg - I'm all emotional after reading that! So bitter sweet.

Makes me all nostalgic for the wonder that was Jac and Joseph :cry:

Thank you Collins1965! I'm very pleased you enjoyed it. And thank you wiggles247 for posting the link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lovely little story. As I just said on the main thread, since Jonny has been a ++++ I long for a Joseph return. I think I might have to watch the 06 and 10 xmas episodes to enjoy some festive Jac and Joseph togetherness.

Jac seemed much more relaxed, professional and her better self last night. I hate to say it but she is probably better off without the distraction and upset of Jonny and Bonnie around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spoilers for episode 13 - 7th January.

Self Control

Jac is preparing for her delivery date when she suddenly goes into early labour.

Meanwhile, the return of a familiar face causes Serena to question her future at Holby.

Elsewhere, Ric goes back to his old university in search of his lost youth.

So, as suspected it is the birth, at actually the time it should have been but they are obviously saying that is is very premature (about 34 weeks by the latest dates) to increase the drama and maybe have yet another reason for her not to survive? I really hope Harper saying that Marcel had done some of her finest work in this episode doesn't indicate that the baby dies - I'm a tad concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Further spoilers:
    Jac's delivery date looms. When she starts experiencing contractions ahead of schedule, Jac panics and the team on Darwin scramble into action.

This is just going to be heart wrenching whether the baby survives or not; I'm actually getting a bit emotional reading the spoilers in anticipation of what the episode's going to be like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spoilers for episode 13 - 7th January.

Self Control

Jac is preparing for her delivery date when she suddenly goes into early labour.

Meanwhile, the return of a familiar face causes Serena to question her future at Holby.

Elsewhere, Ric goes back to his old university in search of his lost youth.

So, as suspected it is the birth, at actually the time it should have been but they are obviously saying that is is very premature (about 34 weeks by the latest dates) to increase the drama and maybe have yet another reason for her not to survive? I really hope Harper saying that Marcel had done some of her finest work in this episode doesn't indicate that the baby dies - I'm a tad concerned.

BIB: This was my thinking too
    (although 34 weeks isn't actually that premature as the survival rates soar exponentially when you get past 28 weeks, which is I know the point most expectant mums really want to get to but obviously with the other complications it is much more of a worry)
    and I do share your concerns about what SH said

BUT:
    NeverSoShy wrote: »
    Further spoilers:
    Jac's delivery date looms. When she starts experiencing contractions ahead of schedule, Jac panics and the team on Darwin scramble into action.

This is just going to be heart wrenching whether the baby survives or not; I'm actually getting a bit emotional reading the spoilers in anticipation of what the episode's going to be like.

do have a little more hope with this particular version of the spoilers because
    experiencing contractions isn't the same thing as actually having the baby because there are drugs they can give you to delay the birth,
    so this could be the case BUT that doesn't really fit with O.K's comments about episode 13 for Jac/Jonny unless it is that this makes them finally have a conversation about everything which could explain SH's comments about Rosie's acting in a less worrying way????

Think I may be clutching at straws though (but bearing in mind the 'difficult news' spoiler which really wasn't all that bad, and the fact that I'm now convinced the PtB are deliberately hyping it all up because they know how invested most HC fans are in it) I'm going to keep clutching....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some more details of the Christmas Eve episode courtesy of the RT website (and you could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw that BOTH festive episodes were RT Choices!!!!) and it seems that Jac is being particularly Naylorish....

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cq5v7f/holby-city--series-16---11-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you

Also, notice that it's written by Julia Gilbert who also writes for Eastenders (not sure if that's a good or a bad thing or not important at all) and can I just say that the thought of
    Mr T in an elf outfit is making me smile already :):):)!!!