12246V
    12324V

All probably move to 2A North
  • Options
    Philip NixonPhilip Nixon Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I also noticed a brief interruption when watching Sky Sports News HD, I think it was around 9am.

It wasn't raining or particularly windy.

Yes around that time it happened there was no adverse weather here either, signal broke up then stopped for few seconds.
  • Options
    Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Skyman wrote: »
    The Migration hasn't happened yet. Whether receiving via a Freesat Sky or generic Digibox, it makes no difference. South of Perpignan, a High Quality 150cm. Dish is likely to be required and at the Spanish Border probably a 180cm.

Yes it was the wind. But where do you get your info from on dish size? Where are you based? Ceret? 180cm sounds like game over to me...better using Tunnelbear.
  • Options
    ANDYW_9ANDYW_9 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    There seems to be only Sky box office, BBC, RTE Channels left to switch now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANDYW_9 wrote: »
    There seems to be only Sky box office, BBC, RTE Channels left to switch now.

Andy,
    How are you sure that your signal is from Astra 2E & not one of the other Astra 2 s ?
    David
  • Options
    ANDYW_9ANDYW_9 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Dave, yeah i looked it all up on www.kingofsat.net . Checkout the new transponders which have been switched to 2E. See what you think?

@ndyW
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I see it no Freesat channels on 2E just Sky's why I am not suprised.
  • Options
    ricardoyluciaricardoylucia Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We live in the middle of Jaén, Andalucía, Spain and are about to have the last supper, before execution in the early hours of tomorrow morning. lolz.
  • Options
    martinj1martinj1 Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    will be joining you here in portugal
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,947
    Forum Member
    Ray266 wrote: »
    As I see it no Freesat channels on 2E just Sky's why I am not suprised.

Various BBC channels are migrating to 2E in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Maybe other freesat channels as well. Who goes on 2E has nothing to do with Sky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    ANDYW_9 wrote: »
    Dave, yeah i looked it all up on www.kingofsat.net . Checkout the new transponders which have been switched to 2E. See what you think?
    @ndyW
    Kingofsat, Flysat etc. rely on the guesswork of enthusiasts. Only Lyngsat get an update direct from the SES operations centre.

Fortunately Kingofsat is not always far off but is not 100% accurate. Watch for the updates on Lyngsat though, they will be accurate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    off to church later to join in the prayer of homer

“Oh how I miss TV! Dear god, just give me one channel!” – Homer Simpson
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that when all the shenanigans are done and everything that's going to 2E is on 2E, there will be no FTA programmes left receivable on a normal dish here in Berlin that are not available on other satellites and are worth bothering with. Might as well junk my 28.2E dish altogether.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was the wind. But where do you get your info from on dish size? Where are you based? Ceret? 180cm sounds like game over to me...better using Tunnelbear.

I am an installer based between Carcassonne and Perpignan. around 30KMs due North of your area.
    My Dish Size estimates are the result of 14 months of Observation/Research into the output from 2f..
  • Options
    Lady DynorodLady Dynorod Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Skyman wrote: »
    I am an installer based between Carcassonne and Perpignan. around 30KMs due North of your area.
    My Dish Size estimates are the result of 14 months of Observation/Research into the output from 2f..

1.80cm is like sticking Godzilla on your roof :)
  • Options
    snorbssnorbs Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Ok so have now lost BBC in south of spain on SD box. Is a HD box (freesat or sky) a solution as my current understanding is that BBC HD is stll ok in same way as C5 HD was not lost around a year ago.
    Or do I need to buy a STB that is connected to internet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.80cm is like sticking Godzilla on your roof :)

Dish Sizes above 1 metre cannot be roof/chimney mounted with the likes of a 125cm and above only Ground Mounted.
    The BBC Channels appear to have moved across and i still have them on my Gilb 125cm at 0600(but cannot as yet measure the actual signal strength).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Algarve here...all BBC channels now gone
  • Options
    FRENCH SKYFRENCH SKY Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    No change here in the Dordogne,all channels available on 60cm dish
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    All BBCs gone now on the Costa Del Sol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    I have a Freesat HD Box - no signal on ANY of the BBC channels in Southern Spain

snorbs wrote: »
    Ok so have now lost BBC in south of spain on SD box. Is a HD box (freesat or sky) a solution as my current understanding is that BBC HD is stll ok in same way as C5 HD was not lost around a year ago.
    Or do I need to buy a STB that is connected to internet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    All fine here on the Costa Blanca near Elche. BBC signals dropped about 5% overall but no loss of signal, luckily still have the big dish from the days of 2D (reception is better than we had with 2D)
  • Options
    peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All ok here in Bordeux on a 70cm dish, will try later with the 45cm sky dish
  • Options
    HumidHumid Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr_spock wrote: »
    All fine here on the Costa Blanca near Elche. BBC signals dropped about 5% overall but no loss of signal, luckily still have the big dish from the days of 2D (reception is better than we had with 2D)

What size dish do you have?