Options

Tumble (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Is he the one from Spellbound or whatever they were called on Britain's Got Talent?!

As yes that must be it, thanks
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    It was certainly not a 'tumble'.

If I see a bollard or something I can leap frog over I always give it a go ........ must remember next time that I'm actually a gymnast!! :D

There's always a risk that you'll catch your nadgers though. :o:(
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    There is already a thread on this on tv shows uk section! ;)

Yes, 40 odd pages of it and also another thread in there of 3 pages. I'm surprised they didn't combine them and move them into this forum. Perhaps they will combine them all.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »
    She's no worse than many others in similar jobs but I agree she's a very underwhelming presenter.

I think she's the worst female presenter on British tv.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth did they take the highest score into account rather than combining the scores from both weeks? The judges appear to have been told to mark higher this week meaning that last week's scores were pretty irrelevant. Would there have been a different bottom two with combined scores?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Why on earth did they take the highest score into account rather than combining the scores from both weeks? The judges appear to have been told to mark higher this week meaning that last week's scores were pretty irrelevant. Would there have been a different bottom two with combined scores?

Also this week with the tie breaker of who would join Andrea in the Vault Off the two scores combined became the deal breaker. What will happen next week if the same thing happens again?
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic performance from Beth Tweddle! :D

It was amazing and lovely to see all the youngsters joining in.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was much better than last week - not perfect but didn't drag like last week. I really thought Peter was gone but glad he went through. They all seem to be putting in serious effort and doing pretty well considering. Scoring was a bit all over the place I thought but the only one I really disagreed with was the blond girl (can't remember her name) the judges seem to be seeing something I'm not? I really like the boxer (in case you can't tell I'm rubbish with names) but thought Peters routine was better.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Where's Max Whitlock? I thought he was doing something with this.

World Championships in two months, no way they will let any of the national team risk an injury.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Quite enjoyed it this week, much harder than strictly and some fit bods to watch!!!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »

Agreed.
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If anyone's interested,here are the stats:

The average of the week one scores was 24.05.
    The average of the week two scores was 27.6.

In fact the average in week two without Andrea,who was quite a bit adrift on the scoreboard,was 28.2. We can see that the scores were much higher the second week.
    Of the ten celebrities,only Carl Froch scored higher the first week,thus all the others counted their second week score as their "personal best".

Had the two week's scores been combined,Lucy would have been in the bottom two instead of Peter,because of her low first week score.

Next week I am not sure how the marking works,whether previous weeks are taken into account or not. If they are not,and there is a tie on the leaderboard for the bottom two,Head Judge Nadia Comaneci's scores are used as the tiebreaker. If she gave the two celebrities the same score,she decides who faces the vault. I think.

There is no audience phone-in voting until week five.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »

Yes but there are plenty who are little better, it's a depressing state of affairs considering how relatively well paid they are.:(>:(
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Had the two week's scores been combined,Lucy would have been in the bottom two instead of Peter,because of her low first week score.

Thank you - I wondered if that was the case but wasn't paying close enough attention to the scores!
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Yes, 40 odd pages of it and also another thread in there of 3 pages. I'm surprised they didn't combine them and move them into this forum. Perhaps they will combine them all.

Most of it consists of people who don't like any aspect of the programme moaning about having to watch the programme so perhaps left there.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very artistic this evening, felt sorry for Peter this evening with his landing but he got through.:D
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't watch tonight? Was it better ir worse than last week. Did Alex Jones mess up again?
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Mitch must getting so much money for this, but at least they haven't got Matt Baker.
    Matt's excitable little-boy-enthusiasm commentary with the big man's geordie voice is really grating, really fast. Sad that the BBC don't see this. I think once a BBC controller has made a decision they never admit a mistake unless there's a near-million redundancy payout in it.
    Mitch & Christine are well liked and respected commentators and hardly too technical, they don't need another generalised commentator sitting in with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    That was a leap frog not a vault.

Ohhhh it's called a straddle.

Actually it is a very basic vault, used level 3.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    Chopan wrote: »
    Who. The, Hell. Cares.
    Then. Stop. Watching. It.
    Morgsie wrote: »
    7 and 7.5's, overmarked for that crap
    Hmm. Them = experts, you = not. Who to believe?! >:(
    alcockell wrote: »
    Who greenlit this shit?
    And who's forcing you to watch it, let alone come on here and comment.
    Randysback wrote: »
    That Butterfly was CGi.. so why would the audience cheer and scream.. not dubbed on X Factor style by any chance is it :cool:
    There will be monitors around the place; and no, it's live.
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    "As wide as your washing machine." I'm terrified now :D.
    Yeah. I had to re-wind that and think about it for a second. She got that the wrong way round, of course :(
    Ah yes. The old "make a statement you can't possible prove". Well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt's excitable little-boy-enthusiasm commentary with the big man's geordie voice is really grating, really fast. Sad that the BBC don't see this. I think once a BBC controller has made a decision they never admit a mistake unless there's a near-million redundancy payout in it.
    Mitch & Christine are well liked and respected commentators and hardly too technical, they don't need another generalised commentator sitting in with them.

He gets over-excited and it is very annoying, Mitch and Christine are both coaches, as Christine has her favorites too, especially likes Vanessa Ferrari. But she knows her stuff and she seems pleased with the increased artistry in the Women's gymnastics.
    If you look on YouTube you can find the competitions when Monica Phelps commentated, she was so rude it was horrendous...Made comments about weight gains and all sorts, on tiny gymnasts. The time of waifs and 14 year olds....Then there was John Taylor who was way to excited about a pretty 14 year old Romanian girl winning in 1987.....Mitch, Christine and Matt are a golden team compared to the past.

As for Tumble it has possibilities, the beam will be interesting, I wonder is Beth is going to do routines, everyweek, it was the highlight of the show.....DOI will have forced her to stay supple and she did lots of splits on the ice. It must be strange for Nadia, congratulating these people on skills she was able to do when she was 7 or 8. Beam will be nerve wreaking, because she was one of the great beam workers of all time.
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    That Butterfly was CGi.. so why would the audience cheer and scream.. not dubbed on X Factor style by any chance is it :cool:

I was there and it was brilliant so we all cheered and screamed. We gave her a standing ovation.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    He gets over-excited and it is very annoying, Mitch and Christine are both coaches, as Christine has her favorites too, especially likes Vanessa Ferrari. But she knows her stuff and she seems pleased with the increased artistry in the Women's gymnastics.
    If you look on YouTube you can find the competitions when Monica Phelps commentated, she was so rude it was horrendous...Made comments about weight gains and all sorts, on tiny gymnasts. The time of waifs and 14 year olds....Then there was John Taylor who was way to excited about a pretty 14 year old Romanian girl winning in 1987.....Mitch, Christine and Matt are a golden team compared to the past.

Well then they'd be platinum without him.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what was the point of the scores last week for?
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Alex - last week 'Beth Tweedle' - this week, 'Nadia Comaneech'. :(