ED - Are Andy and Katie still together?

Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Or did they end up dumped after the hospital incident?

Comments

• lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're back together :)
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good I was hoping that was the case!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Arm Slugs only true love has always been, and will always be, his remaining functional arm. Katie just can't compete.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be honest and say i thought it was going to a mistake putting them back together, but i'm happy to say i think i was wrong!
    They are just so natural together and their scenes have provided a nice contrast to the more dramatic stories going on elsewhere.
    I hope they make it work this time!
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I could think of the other night when Ross wrecked Andy's house what is Andy going to do when he returns to see his house upside down.

Don't see the point in Katie now. I don't find her believable as a character and Andy is going down the same road alongwith Adam.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Don't see the point in Katie now. I don't find her believable as a character.

She's not believable:confused:
    In that village i find her almost painfully normal and believable. She's maturing all the time losing the selfish, self centered streak and becoming one of the more sensible women there. Imho her character is in a better place now than any time in the past few years.
    But i respect the fact that you think otherwise.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    It is just like a Romeo/Juliet story, I think they are perfect for each other. :)
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is just like a Romeo/Juliet story, I think they are perfect for each other. :)

I read that Katie was only supposed to be there for 6 episodes but because of the instant chemistry between them she was kept on.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If only they would meet the same fate.;-)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last I saw they were working through things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    The last I saw they were working through things

With a little help from Diane:)
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Only until the prog gets him some fresh meat in. As ED 'hunk' ugly Andy has to shag any and every half decent new woman in the village.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Only until the prog gets him some fresh meat in. As ED 'hunk' ugly Andy has to shag any and every half decent new woman in the village.

Fortunately good looks aren't always the most important factor.
    In 'real life' the beautiful Katie dated the ugly Andy.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately good looks aren't always the most important factor.
    In 'real life' the beautiful Katie dated the ugly Andy.:)

Really?:o:o:o:D
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    They had a bit of a row. Katie said she liked a bit more muscle on her blokes so they have had a short separation while Meathead goes to the gym to bulk up a bit. Then he'll need to find a place where he can buy some more of those tight T-shirts. They should be fine after that.
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

If Popeye starts treating her bad i'll be down there to whup his ass!>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    They had a bit of a row. Katie said she liked a bit more muscle on her blokes so they have had a short separation while Meathead goes to the gym to bulk up a bit. Then he'll need to find a place where he can buy some more of those tight T-shirts. They should be fine after that.

Ah yes, more big muscles clothed in tight T-shirts. Makes us think he's a gorgeous hunk when the reality is his boat-race is like a cat's very sore arse.

stellers wrote: »
    If Popeye starts treating her bad i'll be down there to whup his ass!>:(

He likes fresh meat as soon as someone chucks some in the village, they'll be throwing thier knickers at this big gorgeous stud. VOM :o:o:o
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy and Katie's reunion to me screams of lazy writing. Ever since their divorce 7 years ago they have remained friends and nothing more, they've both had countless other partners and both even remarried other people and never shown a flicker of jealousy or any indication they still had feelings for one another. Suddenly they've realised they still love one another and have reunited almost overnight. It's as if the writers were struggling to know what to do with them so thought they'd just pair them back up.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're spot on, Dr K.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're spot on, Dr K.

Dr K. was well wide of the mark!:p:D

If you don't like a character it's very easy to 'glaze over' whenever they're on screen:D so that results in you taking no notice of what they've said.:D

After they divorced Andy and Katie had a one night stand, They came close to getting back together before Katie backed off.
    Andy's feelings for her were still strong when she was with Henshaw.
    When Katie was on crutches she and Andy had a chat in the grounds of Home Farm where talked about their past, their regrets and how they wished they could turn back the clock.:( It was inevitable they would get back together sooner or later, just as it's inevitable Cain and Charity will do the same one day.:) They are those 'meant to be couples':)
    Also, it was not like they got back together overnight. It took a few weeks before they kissed, so imho, it was paced quite nicely.:)

For lazy writing for a character they didn't know what to do with, i'd say Vanessa's current story was a better example. They didn't know what to do with her, so out of the blue they decided to throw a toyboy at her:(
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Meathead & Katie 4eva. They make a great couple. Katie, a gorgeous, intelligent, strong minded woman and Meathead, a tight T-shirt wearing, thick as two short planks dumbell. The perfect love story.

Meathead, Meathead, wherefore art thou, Meathead ?

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks. It is the east and Katie is the sun etc etc etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Meathead & Katie 4eva. They make a great couple. Katie, a gorgeous, intelligent, strong minded woman and Meathead, a tight T-shirt wearing, thick as two short planks dumbell. The perfect love story.

Meathead, Meathead, wherefore art thou, Meathead ?

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks. It is the east and Katie is the sun etc etc etc

:D:D:D
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr K. was well wide of the mark!:p:D

If you don't like a character it's very easy to 'glaze over' whenever they're on screen:D so that results in you taking no notice of what they've said.:D

After they divorced Andy and Katie had a one night stand, They came close to getting back together before Katie backed off.
    Andy's feelings for her were still strong when she was with Henshaw.
    When Katie was on crutches she and Andy had a chat in the grounds of Home Farm where talked about their past, their regrets and how they wished they could turn back the clock.:( It was inevitable they would get back together sooner or later, just as it's inevitable Cain and Charity will do the same one day.:) They are those 'meant to be couples':)
    Also, it was not like they got back together overnight. It took a few weeks before they kissed, so imho, it was paced quite nicely.:)

For lazy writing for a character they didn't know what to do with, i'd say Vanessa's current story was a better example. They didn't know what to do with her, so out of the blue they decided to throw a toyboy at her:(

Good points, Sarah.
    And yes, the Dr's post was as wide as a penalty that hits the corner flag:D
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanessas toyboy is more like 27... not 17!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy proposes

I've enjoyed their reunion so far but this will spoil it by rushing along this way.