Sarah Sugden/Dingle - Emmerdale

gboygboy Posts: 4,989
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know casting directors are limited when it to finding children to play soap babies/kids etc. But couldn't the producers of Emmerdale have found a child who at least bears a passing resemblance to Andy and /or Debbie in Emmerdale. The child playing Sarah Sugden/Dingle looks absolutely nothing like either actor who play her parents.

Comments

• EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't soap children played by twins? That limits it a bit. But I always thought Corrie did a great job with Bethany looking like Sarah.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    I know casting directors are limited when it to finding children to play soap babies/kids etc. But couldn't the producers of Emmerdale have found a child who at least bears a passing resemblance to Andy and /or Debbie in Emmerdale. The child playing Sarah Sugden/Dingle looks absolutely nothing like either actor who play her parents.

it is shocking, me and a friend were texting each other tonight saying the same thing! but then i suppose, when the baby was born they perhaps didnt know she would be blonde, assuming its the same child
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Charity was blonde, so Debbie would have the blonde gene in her already. Even though brown hair gene is dominant, there's still a chance that she wouldn't inherit it, however small.
  • dizzydavydizzydavy Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it is shocking, me and a friend were texting each other tonight saying the same thing! but then i suppose, when the baby was born they perhaps didnt know she would be blonde, assuming its the same child

It's not the same child but since when did there HAVE to be similarities, there aren't always in real life.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charity was blonde, so Debbie would have the blonde gene in her already. Even though brown hair gene is dominant, there's still a chance that she wouldn't inherit it, however small.

Charity's a bottle blonde though, Debbie had a photo of her at 13 and she's brunette in it.
    Forum Member
    dizzydavy wrote: »
    It's not the same child but since when did there HAVE to be similarities, there aren't always in real life.

it's just unlikely that in a family of predominantly dark haired people (Sugden's / Dingle's) that Sarah would be very blonde like she is. I didnt say there had to be similarities :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Charity's a bottle blonde though, Debbie had a photo of her at 13 and she's brunette in it.

Apologies. I didn't know this - you can tell I only watch Emmerdale about once a year. :o
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I agree, it does look quite silly. Plus the kid also looks pretty big built, I guess she takes after Andy cuz there is nothing off Debbie.

In EE Abi Branning looks a lot like Tanya, definitely a good casting.
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah isn't played by twins i don't think. I think she does have the look of some Dingles and Sugdens together.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some kids start off with blonde hair, and it goes darker as they get older. How old is Sarah meant to be now?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She is Sarah Dingle. I can't see how she could be called Sarah Slugden:confused:
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    She is Sarah Dingle. I can't see how she could be called Sarah Slugden:confused:

she has been brought up with Andy Sugden, therefore she would be Sarah Sugden
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    she has been brought up with Andy Sugden, therefore she would be Sarah Sugden

She could be either. It would just depend on what they named her on the birth certificate. The fact that Debbie and Andy weren't married would not prevent her from being called Sugden if that's what they decided at the time.
    Forum Member
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    She could be either. It would just depend on what they named her on the birth certificate. The fact that Debbie and Andy weren't married would not prevent her from being called Sugden if that's what they decided at the time.

for the 1st three years Andy brought her up without Debbie getting a look-in, she has always been credited as Sarah Sugden
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for the 1st three years Andy brought her up without Debbie getting a look-in, she has always been credited as Sarah Sugden

The fact that she's being brought up by Andy wouldn't affect what they called her when they registered her birth.

I didnt know that's what she's credited as. Thanks for clearing that up. I was, as you saw, just responding to SULLA to say there was no reason why she couldn't be called a Sugden.
  • missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her hair could change colour, we don't know what Andy's true family look like. It could be through back.

they'll change the actress anyway as soon as they want her to start speaking.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Theres also the fact she cant act!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they maybe went for a blonde kid because there isnt enough blonde cast in ED, they are all pretty much brunette - female cast anyway.

If you notice she is startin to talk but if you looka t the reactions of some of the actors, I dont think she is supposed to (scenes ive watched from last year anyway). She is starting to pay more attention to Debbie lately and not Andy, which is good in my opinion. It could be a sign that she is getting told from producers etc that she has to go to Charley everytime she is in a scene with her and that she wins the custody battle. Surely the writter/producers etc cant break Debbies heart twice this year...firstly with Jasmine in Prison and getting told not to visit her anymore, and then losing the custody battle??

They should of brought Charleys real sister in again to play Sarah. Lucy Webb played baby Jon Dingle in 2004. So Lucy will be about 4-5 yrs old now. I now there is the age gap, but at least there would of been some resemblence :). Maybe when Sarah talks alot more, prob in a few months because she is suppsed to be 3, 4 this year so she should be talking alot more (in reality)???
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched the omnibus and I do think she looks a little bit like Andy, but it was funny her nearly putting her hand down Debbie's top and hitting Andy in the face with a pen :L
  • BatisseBatisse Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's just unlikely that in a family of predominantly dark haired people (Sugden's / Dingle's) that Sarah would be very blonde like she is. I didnt say there had to be similarities :D

Andy is not a Sugden by blood, and his brother Darren was a blond and is now fair headed
  • BatisseBatisse Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually, she was brought up by Emily from a baby until she came back, so she would have been known as Sarah Kirk or Dingle. Whatever name Emily was using

I have wondered if Debbie ever put Andy's name on the birth certificate as father, if so this would be proof of a crime. Seeing Debbie was 15 when Sarah was born
  • yoronnayoronna Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Theres also the fact she cant act!:mad:
    Soap kids don't act. They go where they're put and say what they're told to, if they speak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Batisse wrote: »
    Actually, she was brought up by Emily from a baby until she came back, so she would have been known as Sarah Kirk or Dingle. Whatever name Emily was using

I have wondered if Debbie ever put Andy's name on the birth certificate as father, if so this would be proof of a crime. Seeing Debbie was 15 when Sarah was born

if the mum and dad arent married they both have to be there to put names on certificate, debbie couldnt have put andys name on without him.

and andy admits to being sarahs father so automatically admits to the crime of child molesting or what ever they call men having sex with kids nowadays.

so id guess sugden would not be her official name, although of course andy would use it where ever possible.