They approached Alan Bennett.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
Forum Member
I'd love to see him in there - it would be a good life experience for him but can't see it happening more's the pity.

Comments

• lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, he'd be way too intelligent for BB. ;)
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Noooo! Don't say he turned them down! Alan Bennet! Blimey, what a choice he'd have been!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    He would be marvellous but not very tolerant I expect!
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    He would be marvellous but not very tolerant I expect!
    Ha ha true! I could see him being similar to Ken Russell 'I think your a lunatic dear!'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    Noooo! Don't say he turned them down! Alan Bennet! Blimey, what a choice he'd have been!

I just love him but his agent turned them down - he is so awesome.

Shame it'll never happen.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Ha ha true! I could see him being similar to Ken Russell 'I think your a lunatic dear!'

Excellent......he may have surprised us all with witty one liners...full of irony!!

Sadly many viewers like the dim n buff sorts,but there has already been great approval for a couple of funny older gals :-)
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met him at the opening of a play at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. Lovely chap, but quite a short fuse.

He doesn't need to be grubbed by BB. He's an icon that doesn't need Daily Star fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Isn't he dead?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is such a lovely man - he used to be my neighbour many years ago when I lived in the celebrity haven that is Primrose Hill! He's quite shy but naturally VERY funny. Can't imagine he would thrive well in the environment of BB though.
    Forum Member
    JeffB wrote: »
    Isn't he dead?

No he blummin well is not :eek:- I love him so much I dread him getting older and not being able to read and listen to him - he is very much alive and still working and has a younger partner called Rupert.
    Forum Member
    Jinty33 wrote: »
    He is such a lovely man - he used to be my neighbour many years ago when I lived in the celebrity haven that is Primrose Hill! He's quite shy but naturally VERY funny. Can't imagine he would thrive well in the environment of BB though.

Lucky you.

I would love to have met him - me and my other half doze off to his talking books - his first talking heads is superb.

Still wish he was in there - I'd love to see him interacting with this lot.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky you.

I would love to have met him - me and my other half doze off to his talking books - his first talking heads is superb.

Still wish he was in there - I'd love to see him interacting with this lot.:)

Me too! I love his voice. He could basically say anything and I'd be happy to listen. His comic timing is better than most comedians.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Now that could be an entirely new Talking Heads muse - shame it's never going to happen.