Options

Julie giving Sam false hopes

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both Julie and Harvey are very aware that Danica is the one stealing the show. To get Danica out they have been trying to raise Sam's profile. Yesterday, Harvey was complimenting Sam on her cooking and also comforting her. They want Danica out, not for peace but for airtime. They may think Danica is irresistible to both housemates and viewers, therefore a threat, so they want her out.

Is this a joke or something? I don't think anyone in the world could be that presumptuous and calculating, certainly not Julie and Harvey. As housemates, they will have no idea what is going on out here, and thus have no real idea on who is getting air-time. As they all said, Cheryl was loud and the life and soul of the party. We didn't see any evidence of that, did we?
  • Options
    queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie jumped in immediately after Sam was nominated, assuring her she was going nowhere.

I just cannot figure out why she did that.
    Personally I think Sam is toast on this vote to save, but seemed to cling to Julie's words for comfort.

BIB - IMO she did that to put Sam at her ease. It was a gracious thing to do. Would you prefer Julie said sorry mucker you are toast enjoy your last couple of days here ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    BIB - IMO she did that to put Sam at her ease. It was a gracious thing to do. Would you prefer Julie said sorry mucker you are toast enjoy your last couple of days here ?

Part of me admires Julie's blatant people-pleasing - it's just that in this case I really think she is utterly wrong and that Sam is in danger of getting ignored in the vote to save.

Julie could have simply said Good luck Sam - hope you are safe, but that is not her style - when Julie flatters someone she goes in all guns blazing.

I admire her energy, but you have to admit, she does say one thing to others' faces, but something else when she is with a true friend and confidante like Julian.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Precisely and a few kind words never hurt anyone. Saying to someone who’s been nominated you won’t go, but who may go, whoever says it is hardly Machiavellian in its intent.
  • Options
    queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of me admires Julie's blatant people-pleasing - it's just that in this case I really think she is utterly wrong and that Sam is in danger of getting ignored in the vote to save.

Julie could have simply said Good luck Sam - hope you are safe, but that is not her style - when Julie flatters someone she goes in all guns blazing.

I admire her energy, but you have to admit, she does say one thing to others' faces, but something else when she is with a true friend and confidante like Julian.

I hear what you are saying, however I think there are times when you don't need the truth you need bolstering and of the four up for eviction Sam needed it more than the others IMO. I thought Sam showed a vulnerability I had not expected when the nominations were read out. So well done Julie, even if it was soft soap

If I were god forbid in the house and had just been nominated for eviction I would want everybody to tell me I had no chance of going even if I thought they were lying through their teeth.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Julie goes to each HM and tells them exactly what they want to hear, right or wrong she playing a blinder, they will catch on soon.

The things she said to Sam after she was put up for eviction were all wrong, noone can predict that.:eek:

I think Martin has worked out what she's doing.
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a friend like Julie. Once I had a massive spot (the sort that glows in the dark) and when I mentioned it she literally pretended she couldn't see it and even I could see it out of the corner of my eye, like a 2nd nose. Anyway, she's just like that- she wants everyone to like her and everyone does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hear what you are saying, however I think there are times when you don't need the truth you need bolstering and of the four up for eviction Sam needed it more than the others IMO. I thought Sam showed a vulnerability I had not expected when the nominations were read out. So well done Julie, even if it was soft soap

If I were god forbid in the house and had just been nominated for eviction I would want everybody to tell me I had no chance of going even if I thought they were lying through their teeth.

Good for you for admitting that - I will admit, I prefer to hear nice things too - if someone at work ever tells me I have been bitched about - my liddle heart sinks!:D

I will be watching with baited breath to see if Julie ressures the others with the same alacrity.

In fairness to Julie, she is undoubtedly making my enjoyment of the show - like I said before, I hope she stays to the final.

She is certainly unique and I find her fascinating.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

totally agree, out the four Sam needed the bolstering and glad Julie provided it, was also pleasantly surprised with Harvey. He showed a nicer, kinder side
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm sure Julie is just offering support - but the chances are that it would probably seem true from her point of view.

For the UK celebs, it must seem laughable that people will vote to save the unknown girlies or the Mike. They would be gutted to know they're getting all the airtime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got a friend like Julie. Once I had a massive spot (the sort that glows in the dark) and when I mentioned it she literally pretended she couldn't see it and even I could see it out of the corner of my eye, like a 2nd nose. Anyway, she's just like that- she wants everyone to like her and everyone does.

PMSL! :D Hope it cleared up for you.

Your friend sounds lovely!:)

I think the thing that I find incredible about Julie though is that she is a people pleaser, but is also very critical and insightful.

I loved her reaction to the outsider aka Jasmine's Mum. I liked the way she felt free to express her anger and disgust - it was so witty and spot on.

In the house, she does not normally want to let that side of herself out - but it is there nevertheless.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think when Julie sees someone upset and worried, she tries to comfort them in the only way she knows how which tends to be via her own perspective in the way she views things. She seems Sam as a very caring woman who looks after everyone in the house and therefore thinks she's safe from eviction.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think it's just her way to try and make people feel better, (even Jasmine). That's not a character flaw, it's a good trait.

And with all the greatest respect to Julie, I genuinely don't think she's smart enough to have come up with some grand 'master game plan'.
    :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm sure Julie is just offering support - but the chances are that it would probably seem true from her point of view.

For the UK celebs, it must seem laughable that people will vote to save the unknown girlies or the Mike. They would be gutted to know they're getting all the airtime.

As am I. :rolleyes::(
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    PMSL! :D Hope it cleared up for you.

Your friend sounds lovely!:)

I think the thing that I find incredible about Julie though is that she is a people pleaser, but is also very critical and insightful.

I loved her reaction to the outsider aka Jasmine's Mum. I liked the way she felt free to express her anger and disgust - it was so witty and spot on.

In the house, she does not normally want to let that side of herself out - but it is there nevertheless.

I thought she came across as rather mean, judging her and making comments about her before she even met her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    I thought she came across as rather mean, judging her and making comments about her before she even met her.

I think she smelt a rat there in the first place - maybe I am biased because I knew it was Jasmine's Mum and a grotty little set-up from the beginning.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam is supposed to be an intelligent woman, why would she think that Julie knows more about whether she is popular with viewers than she does? She was simply looking for a bit of moral support after what she saw as a rejection and Julie gave her that.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will come down to if they freeze the lines, announce two are safe, then reopen them, whether Sam is evicted.

If they reopen the lines, with only two HM's in the frame, it effectively becomes a vote to evict, and if Sam is in that frame with either Danica or Rhian, she may well survive.

It will be an interesting eviction, regardless :)

Sam will be out before it gets down to two.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only a couple of days ago, that Julie was telling the Occasional Table, to make a move on Danica and tell her how he felt about her. Because she, Julie, thought they were so right for each other and should be together. She got that wrong.
  • Options
    Tequila_SunriseTequila_Sunrise Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with this. I think it's just her way to try and make people feel better, (even Jasmine). That's not a character flaw, it's a good trait.

And with all the greatest respect to Julie, I genuinely don't think she's smart enough to have come up with some grand 'master game plan'.
    :)

Exactly. Her only 'game plan' if indeed it can be called that is to see everyone settled and happy so that she can feel the same. We all know what it's like to be around people whose energy is down and miserable, it tends to rub off on us and make us feel the same way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    It was only a couple of days ago, that Julie was telling the Occasional Table, to make a move on Danica and tell her how he felt about her. Because she, Julie, thought they were so right for each other and should be together. She got that wrong.

Julie seems to say these crazy things and seems to believe them - even when she is proved totally wrong she just bounces back and does the same thing all over again.

I don't know how she gets away with it, but she does!:D
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I think she smelt a rat there in the first place - maybe I am biased because I knew it was Jasmine's Mum and a grotty little set-up from the beginning.:(

That's the thing, I think we sometimes forget, that we see and hear things the HM's don't, and we are aware when there is a task going on and when there isn't, where as the HM's don't, for sure.
    I jsut thought the name calling was uncalled for, but maybe that's just me :)
  • Options
    Tequila_SunriseTequila_Sunrise Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing, I think we sometimes forget, that we see and hear things the HM's don't, and we are aware when there is a task going on and when there isn't, where as the HM's don't, for sure.
    I jsut thought the name calling was uncalled for, but maybe that's just me :)

What names did she call her? All I heard her say was "I've never heard so much shite in my life", "If she's a psychic then I'm Mother Teresa" and "Oh it's only Julian in drag" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What names did she call her? All I heard her say was "I've never heard so much shite in my life", "If she's a psychic then I'm Mother Teresa" and "Oh it's only Julian in drag" :D

PMSL! :D

I had forgotten the actual things she said, but you've just made me laugh all over again.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any contributions from the nine to fivers.

Sorry for shamelessly bumping my own thread, but wanted to know if any office workers have a view.:D